Anttaj Hawthorne

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Positives

- Has great strength. Hawthorne is a near dominate run stuffer. He plays with great leverage, stands up his blockers and plugs up the middle. Has great size for a defensive tackle. Is also very quick. Hawthorne has the ability to beat lineman with his first step, and makes a lot of plays in the backfield. Is experienced, with 29 career starts.

Weaknesses

- Despite his great quickness Hawthorne doesn

Reaction score
You know, with the Raiders going back to a 4-3 D, I would expect they would keep Hawthorne. However, they let him go. Maybe the reason for his free fall in the draft wasn't all based on his doping??? :shrug: But regardless, it couldn't hurt to have a look, and perhaps sign him to PS? He is an ex-Badger after all.

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's worth a look, as mentioned previously in this thread.

I don't see him making the team, though.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allabout,

He has doped? What a dope. I would much rather have a team of overachieving players that works hard everyday instead of a guy that is character flaws and a potential drug case. What do you want us to be the Vikes (or at least how the Vikes once were)?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would also add - that there has always been (for the most part) an avoidance factor with Green Bay signing College Players from local State Universities. It's almost like a curse.. ya ever notice that...? You guys were all gaga over several Badger players in the pre-draft mode and they all went elsewhere.... It happens like that every year.

If it turned out that we were giving a guy a new lease on life and he were to take advantage of it by demonstrating proof to that concern, then fine! But, I just don't see TT pulling that string - I could be wrong, of course... anyone can be - just the same... this dog just doesn't hunt (sorry about the pun) on this one.

Pack14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was hoping the Pack would have drafted him as he was sliding in the draft. Wouldn't mind if they brought him in on the practice squad.

Members online

Latest posts