1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Anttaj Hawthorne

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Kyle, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Kyle

Kyle Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's available. Do we bring him in for a try-out?

2. yourout

yourout Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would take a look at least.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Could ya post some info on him plz?

4. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Positives

- Has great strength. Hawthorne is a near dominate run stuffer. He plays with great leverage, stands up his blockers and plugs up the middle. Has great size for a defensive tackle. Is also very quick. Hawthorne has the ability to beat lineman with his first step, and makes a lot of plays in the backfield. Is experienced, with 29 career starts.

Weaknesses

- Despite his great quickness Hawthorne doesn

5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You know, with the Raiders going back to a 4-3 D, I would expect they would keep Hawthorne. However, they let him go. Maybe the reason for his free fall in the draft wasn't all based on his doping??? :shrug: But regardless, it couldn't hurt to have a look, and perhaps sign him to PS? He is an ex-Badger after all.

6. DeusNova

DeusNova Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's worth a look, as mentioned previously in this thread.

I don't see him making the team, though.

7. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Allabout,

He has doped? What a dope. I would much rather have a team of overachieving players that works hard everyday instead of a guy that is character flaws and a potential drug case. What do you want us to be the Vikes (or at least how the Vikes once were)?

8. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I would also add - that there has always been (for the most part) an avoidance factor with Green Bay signing College Players from local State Universities. It's almost like a curse.. ya ever notice that...? You guys were all gaga over several Badger players in the pre-draft mode and they all went elsewhere.... It happens like that every year.

If it turned out that we were giving a guy a new lease on life and he were to take advantage of it by demonstrating proof to that concern, then fine! But, I just don't see TT pulling that string - I could be wrong, of course... anyone can be - just the same... this dog just doesn't hunt (sorry about the pun) on this one.

9. Pack14

Pack14 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was hoping the Pack would have drafted him as he was sliding in the draft. Wouldn't mind if they brought him in on the practice squad.