1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Another RB? Another TE?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Nov 10, 2010.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I think TT's just bored, or misses looking at young athletic males? (That's a joke people, chill....)

Also, this from Brad Briggs at the National Football Post:
    November 10, 2010, 08:30 PM EST

The Green Bay Packers are staying busy during their bye week.

They used the time today to familiarize themselves with some different faces as the team had eight players in for a tryout, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

The Packers worked out running backs Brandon Minor and Jeremiah Johnson (I loved him at Oregon). They promoted rookie running back James Starks from the physically unable to perform list earlier this week.

The team also took a look at guard Adrian Battkes, offensive tackle Nick Howell, defensive tackle Mundrae Clifton, defensive end Curtis Young, tight end Joe Sawyer and wide receiver Thomas White.

2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,429
    OK, my little ears perked up at that! Looks like the O-Line may be getting some reinforcements. T.T. is building up an army!!!

3. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I wouldn't read too much into this. We bring people in all the time for workouts, and keep lists on prospects just in case something happens. This is nothing more than Ted doing his due diligence.

4. YoKramer

YoKramer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    And nothing more than Bye Week Boredom

5. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    True. This doesnt mean anything until we sign one of them. This happens all of the time. Remember when I posted that Dominic Douglas was coming in for to a couple months ago? Nothing ever came of that. It would be nice to add a few of these guys for depth purposes and special teams. But the 53 man roster is full now right? and we have handled all of the PUP guys right?

• Like Like x 2
  6. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Yeah, our roster is as full as it can be. It's not all that uncommon to give practice squad candidates a workout and keep them on the short list should something happen.

7. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,406
    nothin wrong with trying out running backs. sometimes all it takes is the right scheme to make them a star. not every good rb is a 1st rd draft pick