Another close win for MM

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I prefer blow outs to nail biters.
Should have gone for one more TD in the final minutes to seal the deal.
And don't forget that he lost some close ones too this season.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hate to break it to you, we won that game in spite of MM. MM's conservative play calling almost lost us that game. Nice to rely on 2 Akers' misses though you know.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I don't consider myself an MM hater, but his play call at the end was extremely conservative and predictive. For the better part of the 2nd half (definitely the entire 4th quarter), he seemed content to just eat a bit of clock with each series and let Capers do the rest. Good thing the Defense and the DC were up to the task.

MM needs to "play to win".

Munny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one who read Rodgers lips right before they went to commercial during the injury on the field in the last minute??

If you read Rodgers lips you can clearly see he was not happy about the ultra conservative play calling on the last 2 series.

MM tends to put the clamps on the offense in close games. I hope he opens it up for the Atlanta game.

Either way a win is a win and I have a feeling MM stuck to the run to show future opponents he is willing to run the ball late in the game.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Either way a win is a win and I have a feeling MM stuck to the run to show future opponents he is willing to run the ball late in the game.

Another thought on why he stuck with the run so much is that it minimized the amount of game time that the defense had to chase Vick. Given enough minutes, Vick would eventually wear their stamina out and take the game over.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Another thought on why he stuck with the run so much is that it minimized the amount of game time that the defense had to chase Vick. Given enough minutes, Vick would eventually wear their stamina out and take the game over.

That's a good point. I still would've liked to see more short passes/screens to wear down the clock.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a great win for the entire team. MM had the team ready to play and the players made HUGE plays on both sides of the ball.

Atlanta will be a tough, tough game--but we can play with anyone if we show up.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
MM definitely relied on the Defense for the Win in the 4th quarter. I was disappointed that he never goes for the jugular when a team is down. Run Run (short) pass is just way to predictable.

Also, Where was the Play Actions. With a working running game......C'Mon Man!!! I know it would have paid off HUGE.

Playcalling grade... C+

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
I agree with most of you he is a good coach but he does have flaws. For the seasons before this one he would only call the deep ball and score quick but then they couldn't run the clock when they needed to. Now he's way too conservative when they have the lead. Being conservative is fine if you are up by 2-3 touchdowns but not 10 or less with 2 quarters to go. He needs to run the clock better more screens, slants and misdirection to get those first downs.
No more nail biters please! Control the game let the offense score and let the defense defend.
GO PACK GO!!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts