Andrew Quarless arrested in South Beach

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 games. This guy sure likes to talk about being in the upper echelon of TE's but just doesn't seem to get "it". If it were me I would give him his walking papers and let him turn into the next Gronk somewhere else. Decent player, over-inflated sense of worth that has hit his ceiling and let's just say it's not that high and it's covered in popcorn. I may be overreacting since this story just broke but to me this is the straw that broke the camels back. Freaking idiot.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Three out and counting for the opener, at least. I'm confident they can beat the Bears without Jones, Guion, and Quarless but a couple more geniuses and the home opener vs. Seattle...

I think SoonerPack overreacted but I certainly understand the sentiment. Quarless is due to make $1.575M ($1.3M sans roster and workout bonuses) this season and he only got a $350K signing bonus in 2014 on a two-year deal (all according to rotoworld) so while the Packers won't release him, it wouldn't hurt at all financially. He's a free agent in 2016.
According to the parking attendant, Quarless and another man — identified as Michael Ritchie, a 31-year-old from New York — were leaving the garage in a black Porsche Panamera when they approached a white car filled with several women. An argument ensued, with the attendant hearing the women yell "No, get away, leave me alone!" That's when Quarless took out a semi-automatic handgun — ID'd by police as a .45 caliber weapon — and fired two shots, one straight up into the sky. Why? When police later interviewed a woman in Quarless' car, she said he'd fired "in an attempt to emphasize his dominance and manhood."
But really, it's no big deal: I can't tell you how many times after a night of imbibing I've fired a handgun into the air as I was harassing women in a car (while there was at least one woman my car) to assert my manhood. :rolleyes: And BTW, it works almost every time...

Richard Rodgers you'll start the season at #1 TE. Kennard Backman, Justin Perillo and the other TEs your chance to make the opening day roster just improved significantly.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmmm, do we have a backup plan assuming we cut him over this? Richard Rodgers and him were suppose to be our two TE's. Do we have someone on our roster now that can step in and do an "as good" job?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

2 games. This guy sure likes to talk about being in the upper echelon of TE's but just doesn't seem to get "it". If it were me I would give him his walking papers and let him turn into the next Gronk somewhere else. Decent player, over-inflated sense of worth that has hit his ceiling and let's just say it's not that high and it's covered in popcorn. I may be overreacting since this story just broke but to me this is the straw that broke the camels back. Freaking idiot.

What a moron.

Edit: trade him to Dallas for a ham sandwich.

There is no way the Packers can get rid of Quarless. The depth chart at tight end includes Richard Rodgers, Justin Perillo, Kennard Backman, Mitchell Henry and Harold Spears. An injury to Rodgers would leave the team with a combined total of 11 regular season snaps and zero receptions at the position without Quarless.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no way the Packers can get rid of Quarless. The depth chart at tight end includes Richard Rodgers, Justin Perillo, Kennard Backman, Mitchell Henry and Harold Spears. An injury to Rodgers would leave the team with a combined total of 11 regular season snaps and zero receptions at the position without Quarless.
I know. Doesn't change the fact I would like him gone. Cut him and go get Grsham on the cheap. Solved... ;)

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know. Doesn't change the fact I would like him gone. Cut him and go get Grsham on the cheap. Solved... ;)

Gresham's mind isn't on football. He retired last I checked. I don't think there's any good TE's worth signing.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Gresham's mind isn't on football. He retired last I checked. I don't think there's any good TE's worth signing.

Gresham (there's no information to be found about him having retired) or Zach Miller are the only veteran options left on the market. Thompson would have to bring one of them in in case of Quarless being released.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gresham (there's no information to be found about him having retired) or Zach Miller are the only veteran options left on the market. Thompson would have to bring one of them in in case of Quarless being released.
I haven't heard anything about JG being retired. He is a legend at OU and I am sure something would've surfaced in one of the local rags had he done so but maybe not? Miller I like but his failing the physical and recent ankle issues make me skiddish but the guy is a proven performer when healthy. I am just tired of Q's act.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sort of like the situation at center last year? :)

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
This is just stupid of Quarless..how dumb do you have to be to fire a gun...in a parking garage where the noise echoes, lol. I know he's had a good offseason but I hope they just cut this guy.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So go out and sign Tom Crabtree again.

This is a fairly significant incident, and we're not talking about protecting a Nelson or Cobb or Lacy. It's not just the firing of the gun but the fact that the report definitely makes it sound like he was harassing a car full of women which in this day and age adds another degree of negative image to the incident, even if he's just charged for firing the gun. Quarless isn't nearly a special enough player or important enough part of the offense to ensure that he won't lose his job over incidents like this.

There are a couple vets like you named, they could bring back Crabtree, they could take a flyer on Lyerla again and see if he pans out in TC, or scour the waiver wire after final cuts this year. None are great options, but depending on what happens we may be looking at losing Quarless for a significant amount of time anyway.

I'm not saying for sure he'll be cut, but I definitely wouldn't go as far as to say there's no way it happens.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

You realize that unproven late round picks most often don't work out as well as Linsley, don't you???

So go out and sign Tom Crabtree again.

This is a fairly significant incident, and we're not talking about protecting a Nelson or Cobb or Lacy. It's not just the firing of the gun but the fact that the report definitely makes it sound like he was harassing a car full of women which in this day and age adds another degree of negative image to the incident, even if he's just charged for firing the gun. Quarless isn't nearly a special enough player or important enough part of the offense to ensure that he won't lose his job over incidents like this.

There are a couple vets like you named, they could bring back Crabtree, they could take a flyer on Lyerla again and see if he pans out in TC, or scour the waiver wire after final cuts this year. None are great options, but depending on what happens we may be looking at losing Quarless for a significant amount of time anyway.

I'm not saying for sure he'll be cut, but I definitely wouldn't go as far as to say there's no way it happens.

Crabtree announced his retirement from football in late April, Lyerla is an even worse headache than Quarless.

I don't mind releasing Quarless as long as Thompson brings another veteran in. Otherwise the depth at the position would be really, really thin.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has he had any other incidents since being drafted in the NFL? I don't recall any, but am aware
That he had some indiscretions in college. I think he deserves a second chance but should be
kept on a short leash.

I wouldn't be surprised if any NFL punishment isn't known until we are well into
The 2015 season.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just stupid of Quarless..how dumb do you have to be to fire a gun...in a parking garage where the noise echoes, lol. I know he's had a good offseason but I hope they just cut this guy.

Yeah, he was stupid not to wait until he was outside the parking garage to fire the gun. What and idiot, everyone knows that.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarless sucks and now he is real stupid and sucks. I wonder how much money that idiot will lose over this incident.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Richard Rodgers' stock just went up. Q could stupid himself into playing for the Vikings.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Guess thats a hint that he wants to be traded to The Cowboys.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You realize that unproven late round picks most often don't work out as well as Linsley, don't you???

Of course I do, I never tried to make the point that they don't. You, on the other hand, specifically said the Pack can't dump Quarless for lack of experience at the position, and I pointed out a pertinent exception. Don't get you ******* in an uproar.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Of course I do, I never tried to make the point that they don't. You, on the other hand, specifically said the Pack can't dump Quarless for lack of experience at the position, and I pointed out a pertinent exception.

The problem with your approach is that Linsley's performance is an exception and relying on it to happen more often isn't a smart way to handle the roster. I wouldn't feel comfortable with releasing Quarless (who was the unit's best run blocker) without bringing in another veteran and hoping one of Perillo, Backman, Henry or Spears is able to step up.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, his tattoos say a lot:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts