Amish 2019 mock

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to upgrade: OG, S, and OLB from this draft. We also would like to get: DE, OT, and another G. Based on the moves last year, Gute will likely trade - and I think a trade back is more likely than up. I think we will get thee last premium player at 12 so we should sit tight. I prefer to build an excellent defense. I don't think OL will represent value - there are a bunch of guards, but it has been lean on the top OT talent for 3 years now, forcing teams to reach. I'm all for gambling that Spriggs will continue to develop and will be good next season. Unnoticed by many fans, he has become decent this last season. Quiet offseason. Resign Clay to modest contract, Wilkerson, and let Bulaga go.

Here is the Packer draft board:
1 Quinnen Williams
2 Josh Allen
3 Nick Bosa
4 Devin White
5 Rashan Gary
6 Jawaan Taylor
7 Derrick Brown
8. Trade back 5-8 picks

I figure 2 CBs, 1 QB and another OT to be gone by our pick. And there will be at least one of : another QB, Oliver, Simmons, Polite, or WTF . Therefore, 1 of the top 7 will be available.

1.12 ILB Devin White LSU 6'1" 240 I'm guessing he or Brown will be the one. That is only because ILB is less premium than the DT and Edge. White is going to be something special, high character, very instinctive, high football IQ, explosive and quick twitch. We don't need an ILB, but you can't pass up a player of this quality. White is complete player great in run support, pass defense, and rushing the passer. If Pettine remains DC, I could see this as he relies on ILB and 5T as much as OLBs for pass rush. Therefore, for us, OLB isn't as important schematically for us as most and an upgrade at ILB can be just as impactful.

1.32 OG Cody Ford Oklahoma 6'4" 335. I don't think he will be a OT but he should be a very good guard. He may develop to the ROT, but he should be an instant upgrade at RG.

2.12 DE Jerry Tillery Notre Dam - 6'7" 310. In a normal draft he would go 20 picks sooner, but there is so much DT talent that there will be very good ones into the mid 2nd. Athletic kid who is high character and smart.

3.12 OT Andre Dillard Washington State 6'5" 305. Good size and technique. Great balance and quickness. Needs to be stronger. More finesse and not much mauler mentality. May develop into a good player.

4.12 OLB Kenny Willekes Michigan State 6'4" 260 - late bloomer, looks good, quick and active. Needs to develop technique to have success in the NFL. But great developmental player. Probably would be gone early in the 3rd if there weren't so many OLBs in this draft.

4.17 TE Kendall Blanton - big guy who doesn't get many opportunities playing opposite Al Okwuegbunam. He is a very good and willing blocker, who has decent hands. May develop.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But you didn't select any first or second day in your mock. You doubled down on OL even after giving props to Spriggs.
Just the way it fell. I would be okay if we dont hit our needs and got better players. I had S Jon Abram at 1.32 but suspect he will go higher.

We need 2 guards and an OT. I only want 1 guard to start. Other 2 are depth. We need insurance for spriggs, as well as depth for injuries.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Devin White as a LB, but I really don't like him at 12.

Trade back if you wanna do that...but I just don't see the value to drafting him there.

I really like Cody Ford, have a hard time seeing him last that long, but we've said that about countless players who drop.

Like the Dillard pick. I like Tillery. Don't know anything about the other guys.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Devin White as a LB, but I really don't like him at 12.

Trade back if you wanna do that...but I just don't see the value to drafting him there.

I really like Cody Ford, have a hard time seeing him last that long, but we've said that about countless players who drop.

Like the Dillard pick. I like Tillery. Don't know anything about the other guys.
White will be one of the best ILB in the game fairly soon in his career. There are no holes in his game. He does everything well and is a great leader in the center of our defense.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just the way it fell. I would be okay if we dont hit our needs and got better players. I had S Jon Abram at 1.32 but suspect he will go higher.

We need 2 guards and an OT. I only want 1 guard to start. Other 2 are depth. We need insurance for spriggs, as well as depth for injuries.
I don’t think Spriggs will be back next year, meaning O line takes on even more significance in offseason moves.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t think Spriggs will be back next year, meaning O line takes on even more significance in offseason moves.
Cite? Why? Everyone is looking for backup OL across the league. Olay is not his favorite phrase. He is not a turnstile, thus he is worth a roster spot.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spriggs is rated by PFF as an average OT. Much of the season he was playing above average. He is still improving and it is likely he will become even better. He is one of the most athletic OTs in the NFL and his ceiling is pretty high. Most OTs dont reach their apex till 4-6 years meaning Spriggs will likely continue to get better for another 2 or 3 years.

FL-PACKERfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
White is good enough for top 10. We would be lucky to get him at 12. A star LB would drastically change our defense.

Look at what Leonard is doing in Indy and how much he changed that defense.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spriggs is rated by PFF as an average OT. Much of the season he was playing above average. He is still improving and it is likely he will become even better. He is one of the most athletic OTs in the NFL and his ceiling is pretty high. Most OTs dont reach their apex till 4-6 years meaning Spriggs will likely continue to get better for another 2 or 3 years.

I agree spriggs isn't going anywhere he's at least a serviceable swing tackle at this point. Also I don't see bulaga being cut, yeah the team could get about 5 m in savings against the cap. But that's really not worth it he is still one of the best right tackles in the league and despite being often injured he does everything he can to be out there and he preforms well. In my opinion he's worth keeping and they keep him

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts