Alshon Jeffrey (empty sets)

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There seem to be a LOT of articles online about the possibility of him going to Green Bay

If he came, it wouldn't matter who their punter is...because they would NEVER punt lol
I could play Punter then

Could you imagine a 5 wide(Cook in the slot) set with Nelson and Adams outside and Cobb and Alshon working the middle with Cook ALSO working the middle as a mismatch against linebackers? lol (I actually run something similar on MUT 17 lol)

I think Aaron would break the completion percentage record and they would NEVER punt because they wouldn't have to

Just a thought

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we've reached the point where any recognizable name being available has some people clamoring for him?

Comm on we got a Revis, AP and now a Jeffery thread. When's the Brandon Marshall thread popping up?

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we've reached the point where any recognizable name being available has some people clamoring for him?

Comm on we got a Revis, AP and now a Jeffery thread. When's the Brandon Marshall thread popping up?

Also the Stephon Gilmore, Prince Amukamara, Jamaal Charles threads should be up any moment

Joking aside, Alshon actually DOES "fit" into what the Packers want to do on offense

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They need to get there deal done with cook now he is number 1 priority imo

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You could wake up in the distant future after a cryogenic freeze, quick read this forum, and guess to within 2 weeks what time of year it is.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
The chance of Jeffery coming here is nil. As TT would need to go out and spend the dough on him which isnt likey.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Jeffery isn't the type of player I would want my team to give a bunch of money to. IIRC, weight and motivation have been issues.

D

Deleted member 6794

Once again, the Packers already have allocated more cap space to the wide receiver position than any other team in the league for next season. With cornerback and outside linebacker being the most pressing needs on the roster there's absolutely no need to add another WR making more than $10 million a season.

Last edited by a moderator:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Once again, the Packers already have allocated more cap space to the wide receiver position than any other team in the league for next season. With cornerback and outside linebacker being the most pressing needs on the roster there's absolutely no need to add another WR making more than $10 million a season.

They could release Cobb and add him. Not saying it will ever happen but would be intriguing to say the least

They could draft Carlos Henderson to replace Cobb which i think would be an upgrade.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Unless Nelson regresses in 2017, Jeffery would be the 2nd best receiver on the team. If he decides to work hard once he gets paid, that is.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how much Adams is going to want next season. I'd rather have Jeffrey and a comp pick from Adams than re-signing Adams to a deal approx same value Jeffrey would require. Would love Jeffrey here but if it comes down to signing him or cook and a cb, I take cook and a cb every time. Also people who say Jeffrey is just a name haven't watched Jeffrey enough, he's a legit #1 wr talent.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I wonder how much Adams is going to want next season. I'd rather have Jeffrey and a comp pick from Adams than re-signing Adams to a deal approx same value Jeffrey would require. Would love Jeffrey here but if it comes down to signing him or cook and a cb, I take cook and a cb every time. Also people who say Jeffrey is just a name haven't watched Jeffrey enough, he's a legit #1 wr talent.

Why would we think Adams would command anything close to Jeffery?

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would we think Adams would command anything close to Jeffery?

Because free agents like to ask for a little more each year and Adams was 3 yards away from a 1000 yard 12 td season, would be surprised if he didn't have similar production next season and Jeffrey has been getting kinda a bad rep lately and hasn't produced up to his potential due to injury the past 2 seasons and the NFL is kind of a what have u done lately league.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Because free agents like to ask for a little more each year and Adams was 3 yards away from a 1000 yard 12 td season, would be surprised if he didn't have similar production next season and Jeffrey has been getting kinda a bad rep lately and hasn't produced up to his potential due to injury the past 2 seasons and the NFL is kind of a what have u done lately league.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe teams will still see a clear distinction between Jeffery as a WR1 and Adams as a WR2.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeffrey would be the best WR on the team. Obviously that means he won't get signed.

Jeffrey is nowhere near Jordy right now. Jeffrey can't stay on the field and hasn't been that great when on the field the past two years. He has averaged about 5 catches per game and hasn't scored much - just 1 TD every 3.5 games or so.

Jeffrey will be overpaid by someone and I really hope it isn't gb. I know Jeffrey has had subpar qb play but he can't stay on the field and had a poor catch percentage. Adams caught a higher percentage of balls thrown his way last season than Jeffrey ever has.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts