All I Need to see

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of several things i saw today that makes me wish they would get rid of Pettine.
Like what is this crap smh
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
What was the result of this play?

Also— do you realize that you could find an example of this from virtually every defense in the NFL?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Also— do you realize that you could find an example of this from virtually every defense in the NFL?

Well we gave up a big play haha and where? I’ve never seen a damn DE/OLB lined up at the cornerback spot ...ever

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Well we gave up a big play haha and where? I’ve never seen a damn DE/OLB lined up at the cornerback spot ...ever

Oh, my bad. I thought you were highlighting that they were playing off coverage. Who is that?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A linebacker covering an outside receiver? I don't think that's true. I know it's a goal of good offensive coaches to get a receiver matched up against a lb but I think generally that happens in the slot. I remember it happening all the time with holmgren but can't say I recall it being an outside reciever

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
One of several things i saw today that makes me wish they would get rid of Pettine.
Like what is this crap smh

That is Preston Smith lining up to cover TE Kyle Rudolph. Ended up being a Viking run for 3 yds. Savage also was giving him inside support. Not that unusual to see a LB cover a TE. Guessing when Jimmy G lines up that far outside, you might see other teams do that.

That said, I would prefer using what are suppose to be more athletic and quicker ILB's for coverage, but besides maybe not having those at his disposal, Pettine seems fixated on Preston's ability to cover. That bothers me less than Pettine seems to have decided that he no longer needs to disguise what I think are far too few blitzes.

Last edited:

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't believe I missed this during the game. Yea, a LB covering a player split out wide isn't that uncommon, but an EDGE like Preston though?

Reaction score
Mike Pettine has gone off the rockers, forgotten to take his meds or whatever it is - he’s completely abusing the usage of Preston Smith as a pass coverage defender, INSTEAD of a pass rusher that he was last year. And this BS is totally going against Packers defensive efforts and outcomes.

this might be Pettines last year of nfl coaching for a while, it should be IMO

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's worse than that.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't believe I missed this during the game. Yea, a LB covering a player split out wide isn't that uncommon, but an EDGE like Preston though?

Yea, but not one of your “best” edge rushers on a passing down! Even the most clueless DC’s know that. 8-10 times Rudolph is going to beat Smith on a route. I hope he addresses that because I’m really curious to know what the hell that was...and why he called that.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that's ridiculous and goes for the 3rd and two 10-yard cushion too. we've seen that before. the pettine let's-keep-everything-in-front-of-us scheme is killing them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts