AJ Dillon 5 carries 6.2 yard average..that’s it??

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he had one run, where he could have slide right and gone for a big run I thought instead he just plunged left. Ok, that can happen when you're not in there doing it a bunch. The vision and feet get better with some reps. Could still be the case, there isn't a large body of work to draw conclusions from, but it's what we have. Then on another carry, it looked like he thought about bouncing it but seems to be a heavy type stepper, can stride it out for a big man when he gets going, but i thought he might be trying to "bounce" and ended up nose diving right into the biggest pile in the area because there was no "bounce" in his step.

I think given some space he could really get things moving forward. But i'm a bit concerned when he has to get himself to the space and his ability to quickly get to it and that's important in the NFL. I was pretty excited for this pick after the draft. I'm less so now.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
he had one run, where he could have slide right and gone for a big run I thought instead he just plunged left. Ok, that can happen when you're not in there doing it a bunch. The vision and feet get better with some reps. Could still be the case, there isn't a large body of work to draw conclusions from, but it's what we have. Then on another carry, it looked like he thought about bouncing it but seems to be a heavy type stepper, can stride it out for a big man when he gets going, but i thought he might be trying to "bounce" and ended up nose diving right into the biggest pile in the area because there was no "bounce" in his step.

I think given some space he could really get things moving forward. But i'm a bit concerned when he has to get himself to the space and his ability to quickly get to it and that's important in the NFL. I was pretty excited for this pick after the draft. I'm less so now.
He may be the type that is better when he’s the feature back than he is playing a limited backup role.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He may be the type that is better when he’s the feature back than he is playing a limited backup role.
oh yeah, he needs more reps and time to get used to it. I'm not making a declaration on him, I just didn't really care for what I saw yesterday.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Dillon looks quick to get going but maybe not in sliding quickly L or R. But it is not fair to start looking at his stats and say if he is good or bad. He will need some holes. Maybe a few screens. On the side, Jamaal ran hard as always, and had a decent game but their were a lot of yards left on the field for Aaron Jones imho.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Williams has played like a man possessed this season outside of his poor blocking in the Tampa game. Tremendously valuable to this team. He gets a strong A in my book.

Members online

Latest posts