After Seeing the latest part of the Fox Interview

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
On the flip side Thompson shouldn't of mislead Favre.

Once again two sides to this story and really there is no side. All I see is two people who have clearly done a poor job of handling this situation.

That there is one of the most troubling parts of this.. Ted is here to stay a while and players remember this type of stuff, agents do.. Ted and more importantly the Packers will have this linked to them for a while.

He has done a poor job in communicating and managing this issue, takes two as well.. but Brett is a short timer either way.. Ted not so much.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how did ted thompson mislead Favre.

im not being a smart ***... i just dont know what situation you guys are refering to

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
On the flip side Thompson shouldn't of mislead Favre.

Once again two sides to this story and really there is no side. All I see is two people who have clearly done a poor job of handling this situation.

That there is one of the most troubling parts of this.. Ted is here to stay a while and players remember this type of stuff, agents do.. Ted and more importantly the Packers will have this linked to them for a while.

He has done a poor job in communicating and managing this issue, takes two as well.. but Brett is a short timer either way.. Ted not so much.

Good thing Thompson isn't a fan of free agency. :lol:

In the end money talks and so does winning and every Packer player that has talked seems to trust both Thompson and McCarthy. I don't think Favre's comments will have a big effect on the views of the Packer organization unless of course the Packers begin to lose.

Then if that's the case TT won't be here much longer. Two maybe three more seasons.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my point isn't in who mis-lead who. someone any of these guys should have picked up the phone. i had some life decisions i made today, i picked up the phone and got it worked out. i didnt send my buddy, i didnt have someone call their guy who called their guy whose sister called the dude. i picked up the phone and got it done. both these guys are grown men. one of them BOTH of them should have been on the horn for a long time a long time ago.

Brockington

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, this is all boils down to the fact that Ted Thompson lied to Brett Favre, and that he has been wanting to install his boy, Aaron Rodgers as the starting QB for the Green Bay Packers for a long time now. Ted did not know how to tell Favre he wasn't wanted anymore in Green Bay.

Favre was good enough to bring this rookie team to fruition, but come hell or high water, Ted Thompson was going to hand the job to Rodgers sooner or later.

Why do I say this, you may ask?

Because, when Thompson and McCarthy went down to Mississippi (in May or June) to ask Favre if it's ok to send him "his locker", Favre said ok, but also told Ted that he has been seriously been thinking about returning and to not be surprised if he comes back in July.

And what did Ted Thompson do?

He brushed him off.

Retiring Favre's jersee 9 months after he last used it. Physically removing Favre's locker and sending it to Mississippi. Hell, Ted did everything to exorcise the ghost of Favre at Lambeau besides salting the earth where Favre walked so nothing would ever grow there again!

All of this tells me that Thompson was never interested in having Favre return, no matter how much lip service he'd given to the media to the contrary.

It didn't matter to TT that the Packers had just gone 13-3 and were one win from the SB. It didn't matter that Favre was coming off the best season of his career. It didn't matter that Favre was the MVP runner up either. TT was given an opening, and he was going to install his guy.

Now, have you ever had someone tell you what you want to hear, but you know, or suspect deep down that they're not being honest with you?

Favre is a straight shooter. I'm sure that he takes people at their word, until it is proven otherwise that he can't. From Favre's interviews, it sounds like he figured out that TT was just "buttering his ***", or appeasing him, and not really dealing straight up all along.

That's why Favre felt unwanted, out of the loop, not part of the Packer's plans, etc. And It's not becase Favre is selfish, or egotistical, or a prima donna, or bigger than the team or any of the other names and slanders that some Thompson fans are so apt to label him with, it's because TT has been lying to him all along. Appeasing his HOF QB so that he can install his own "project" because then the team would totally belong to him.

If anything smacks of ego, this does on the part of Ted Thompson.

So before anyone goes writing Brett Favre off, just remember how you are being manipulated by the Packer organization. The same way a politician manipulates his constituents by lying to them and telling them what they want to hear to get your vote.

Think about that, before you so readily condemn Brett Favre for all of this mess!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
my point isn't in who mis-lead who. someone any of these guys should have picked up the phone. i had some life decisions i made today, i picked up the phone and got it worked out. i didnt send my buddy, i didnt have someone call their guy who called their guy whose sister called the dude. i picked up the phone and got it done. both these guys are grown men. one of them BOTH of them should have been on the horn for a long time a long time ago.

Bingo.. god forbid they act like complete adults and communicate effectively..

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
dd80forever said:
Greg C. said:
dd80forever said:
Greg C. said:
dd80forever said:
Who did he throw under the bus? He spoke of his conversation with Campen. So telling the truth is throwing him under the bus?
In this case, you better believe it is. Revealing the contents of a private conversation when they could be damaging to the other party is one of the worst things you can do. Many business relationships, friendships, marriages, etc. have been destroyed by exactly this behavior.

It's interesting that Fox never did broadcast that part of the interview. But it has become available online.

You mean like TT/MM discussing the phone conversation they had with Brett in March?
I don't think that falls into the same category. That was not a private conversation, it was team business. What Campen said to Favre, on the other hand, was a personal suggestion and was obviously not team business. The Packers and every one of Campen's future employers will now have doubts about his loyalty. That's the thanks he gets for being honest with Favre in a man-to-man conversation.

Say what? It's all TEAM BUISNESS. Nothing personal was said. Ted had a PRIVATE discussion with Brett, which he told to the media. Brett had a PRIVATE discussion with Campen, which he told to the media.

I fail to see the difference. Splitting hairs here?
When a player tells you that he wants to come out of retirement, and you then make arrangements to officially announce that the player is coming out of retirement, that is team business. Campen, on the other hand, said what he said strictly as a personal suggestion to Favre.

Why am I explaining this? I need to get to bed.

Yet this just came out why?

You know why because it was PERSONAL until Ted felt the need to start slingin mud. If not, we would have heard about it long ago

I seem to recall several of Favre's family members and eventually Favre claiming the Packers never wanted Favre to come back. That said, I don't think it's unreasonable to defend yourself once someone claims something against you in the media that could sully your name. Which is exactly what TT and MM did by stating they had a window where they would have welcomed Favre back but once that was closed they needed to move on and prepare the team for life without Favre. Furthermore, there was no need to talk about this almost reunion with Favre prior to this whole mess started because unretirement rumors where the last thing the Packers needed headed into the upcoming season. Where Favre's comment differs is in that Campen told Favre something that amounts to insider information and potentially sparked further tensions by convincing Favre he could force his way back. Revealing this is in no way necessary for defending any misconceptions about Favre and adds nothing to any of his points. All it accomplishes is tarnishing Campen's reputation.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he has been wanting to install his boy, Aaron Rodgers as the starting QB for the Green Bay Packers for a long time now.

Perhaps he has, perhaps he should.

come hell or high water, Ted Thompson was going to hand the job to Rodgers sooner or later.

True

He brushed him off.

Because Favre changed his mind twice.

It didn't matter that Favre was the MVP runner up either.

He got one vote. Tom Brady got all of the rest.

TT was given an opening, and he was going to install his guy.

Yes, Favre held a tear filled I'm done ceremony

Favre is a straight shooter.

You must have watched a different interview than I did.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre: "It's hard for me to trust this guy" referring to TT

Hillarious. Stick it to em brett. Make them release you. Sign with the Vikings and smoke TT's team twice this year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Favre: "It's hard for me to trust this guy" referring to TT

Hillarious. Stick it to em brett. Make them release you. Sign with the Vikings and smoke TT's team twice this year.

wont happen

boiga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Brockington: The other thing to remember is that incident was the second of third time this off season that Favre had told the Packers he wanted to unretire. The other times, Favre waffled again and decided to stay retired.

By that point, Ted had understandably decided that it wasn't worth making a big deal out of again because Brett would probably change his mind... again...

Favre was "unwanted, out of the loop, not part of the Packer's plans," as you put it, BECAUSE HE HAD RETIRED. Ted treated Favre like a respected former player. Favre thought he should be treated like a needed current starting QB.

How was ted to know what favre was really feeling this time around?

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brockington said:
he has been wanting to install his boy, Aaron Rodgers as the starting QB for the Green Bay Packers for a long time now.

come hell or high water, Ted Thompson was going to hand the job to Rodgers sooner or later.

True

He brushed him off.

Why dont you just send TT a love letter? Are you pregnant with his child or something? Jesus, cant we all just watch an interview and agree on what we just saw? Why all of this mis information packone? Are you an employee of the packers or something?

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, this is all boils down to the fact that Ted Thompson lied to Brett Favre, and that he has been wanting to install his boy, Aaron Rodgers as the starting QB for the Green Bay Packers for a long time now. Ted did not know how to tell Favre he wasn't wanted anymore in Green Bay.

Favre was good enough to bring this rookie team to fruition, but come hell or high water, Ted Thompson was going to hand the job to Rodgers sooner or later.

Because, when Thompson and McCarthy went down to Mississippi (in May or June) to ask Favre if it's ok to send him "his locker", Favre said ok, but also told Ted that he has been seriously been thinking about returning and to not be surprised if he comes back in July.

He brushed him off.

Retiring Favre's jersee 9 months after he last used it. Physically removing Favre's locker and sending it to Mississippi. Hell, Ted did everything to exorcise the ghost of Favre at Lambeau besides salting the earth where Favre walked so nothing would ever grow there again!

All of this tells me that Thompson was never interested in having Favre return, no matter how much lip service he'd given to the media to the contrary.

It didn't matter to TT that the Packers had just gone 13-3 and were one win from the SB. It didn't matter that Favre was coming off the best season of his career. It didn't matter that Favre was the MVP runner up either. TT was given an opening, and he was going to install his guy.

Now, have you ever had someone tell you what you want to hear, but you know, or suspect deep down that they're not being honest with you?

Favre is a straight shooter. I'm sure that he takes people at their word, until it is proven otherwise that he can't. From Favre's interviews, it sounds like he figured out that TT was just "buttering his ***", or appeasing him, and not really dealing straight up all along.

That's why Favre felt unwanted, out of the loop, not part of the Packer's plans, etc. And It's not becase Favre is selfish, or egotistical, or a prima donna, or bigger than the team or any of the other names and slanders that some Thompson fans are so apt to label him with, it's because TT has been lying to him all along. Appeasing his HOF QB so that he can install his own "project" because then the team would totally belong to him.

So before anyone goes writing Brett Favre off, just remember how you are being manipulated by the Packer organization. The same way a politician manipulates his constituents by lying to them and telling them what they want to hear to get your vote.

Think about that, before you so readily condemn Brett Favre for all of this mess!

Bravo, what an amazing, well thought out post. I hope you stick around, the quality of your post is desperatly needed on here

Brockington

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Brockington: The other thing to remember is that incident was the second of third time this off season that Favre had told the Packers he wanted to unretire. The other times, Favre waffled again and decided to stay retired.

By that point, Ted had understandably decided that it wasn't worth making a big deal out of again because Brett would probably change his mind... again...

Favre was "unwanted, out of the loop, not part of the Packer's plans," as you put it, BECAUSE HE HAD RETIRED. Ted treated Favre like a respected former player. Favre thought he should be treated like a needed current starting QB.

How was ted to know what favre was really feeling this time around?

Ask him.

The funny thing is that if it were Elway and the Broncos in his last years before the SuperBowls, the GM, HC, and fans would have gone to John and begged him to come back. Funny that isn't happening here.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brockington said:

He brushed him off.

Bravo, what an amazing, well thought out post. I hope you stick around, the quality of your post is desperatly needed on here

Wow Brockington. That was about as perfectly as it could be said. Wait 10 minutes. The roaches will come out of the corner and tear you down. Call you a Fav-re Firster, twist your words around and call you a Bears fan. Just wait, its coming.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Brockington said:

True

He brushed him off.

Why dont you just send TT a love letter? Are you pregnant with his child or something? Jesus, cant we all just watch an interview and agree on what we just saw? Why all of this mis information packone? Are you an employee of the packers or something?

There isn't an incorrect piece of information in that post, actually.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Brockington said:

True

He brushed him off.

The problem is evry post of his reeks of hatred. With all due respect, I can't take anything he says seriously when he states stuff like "Favre got 1 vote, Brady got the rest". What's the point?

It's more than What Favre is doing now. Just come out and say "I hate Brett" because if you didn't you wouldn't come up with half the stuff you do now to degrade him.

Sadly I know what it is. He like many others on here, feel like they need to pick a side, and putting down the opposite side is a fun game to them.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
PackOne said:
Brockington said:

True

He brushed him off.

There isn't an incorrect piece of information in that post, actually.

How about you dont respond to me and i dont respond to you? We call a cease fire or whatever. I'm not going back and forth with you anymore. Just not fun anymore.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Wait 10 minutes. The roaches will come out of the corner and tear you down. Call you a Fav-re Firster, twist your words around and call you a Bears fan. Just wait, its coming.

If you mean Packer fans with facts, then yes, they will.

boiga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ask him.

The funny thing is that if it were Elway and the Broncos in his last years before the SuperBowls, the GM, HC, and fans would have gone to John and begged him to come back.

He did, two years ago. Last year too after the Randy Moss incident. Does Favre really have to be begged to play each and every off season?

This was the first year the team was good enough that Ted didn't have to beg. And when Brett realized that he wasn't coming on hands and knees again, his first instinct wasn't to come back and prove he still has it, it was to start shopping other teams.

I can understand why Thompson would decide it was time for the team to "move on."

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
PackOne said:
Brockington said:

True

He brushed him off.

The problem is evry post of his reeks of hatred. With all due respect, I can't take anything he says seriously when he states stuff like "Favre got 1 vote, Brady got the rest". What's the point?

It's more than What Favre is doing now. Just come out and say "I hate Brett" because if you didn't you wouldn't come up with half the stuff you do now to degrade him.

Sadly I know what it is. He like many others on here, feel like they need to pick a side, and putting down the opposite side is a fun game to them.

Damn DD, you are a posting machine. You will be the post leader on here in a couple years at this pace.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
honestly...

how long are you gonna do this?

You too. I wont respond to you, you dont respond to me. Who cares anymore. I like brett, you like TT.. Who gives a **** any more.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
de_real_deal said:
PackOne said:
Brockington said:

True

He brushed him off.

Damn DD, you are a posting machine. You will be the post leader on here in a couple years at this pace.

I don't hate Brett. Those are facts. Using MVP runner up in a walk away contest by Tom Brady is a weak argument.

When you have some facts, and an argument that is logical let me know.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
honestly...

how long are you gonna do this?

You too. I wont respond to you, you dont respond to me. Who cares anymore. I like brett, you like TT.. Who gives a **** any more.

I like the packers and support their management, scouts, and coaches.

Members online

Latest posts