Actual Signed Roster For 2022

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sean Rhyan is pretty much done for the season.

https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood
Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

#Packers rookie OL Sean Rhyan has been suspended 6 games for violating the NFL’s policy against performance-enhancing drugs, the team announced. Rhyan, a third-round pick, has effectively been a healthy scratch this season.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sean Rhyan is pretty much done for the season.

https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood
Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

#Packers rookie OL Sean Rhyan has been suspended 6 games for violating the NFL’s policy against performance-enhancing drugs, the team announced. Rhyan, a third-round pick, has effectively been a healthy scratch this season.
Now it seems like a wasted pick especially since our line struggled this season. But we definitely need something to enhance our performance.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now it seems like a wasted pick especially since our line struggled this season. But we definitely need something to enhance our performance.
Would've rather seen that 3rd rounder used on a TE like Otton, Ruckert, or Bellinger who all went within 20 picks after Rhyan. Can only hope Rhyan uses this "off time" & hopefully embarrassment to re-focus on becoming a professional lineman.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would've rather seen that 3rd rounder used on a TE like Otton, Ruckert, or Bellinger who all went within 20 picks after Rhyan. Can only hope Rhyan used this "off time" & hopefully embarrassment to re-focus on becoming a professional lineman.
Looking at our division it is wide open for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place. Imagine we could have a losing record and get a 2nd place schedule. The Lions want W's. The Bears seem to want a higher draft pick.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Would've rather seen that 3rd rounder used on a TE like Otton, Ruckert, or Bellinger who all went within 20 picks after Rhyan. Can only hope Rhyan uses this "off time" & hopefully embarrassment to re-focus on becoming a professional lineman.
While I haven't fully given up on Deguara and Rhyan, Gute sure hasn't done very good with his 3rd round picks. Burks, Sternberger, Deguara, Amari Rodgers and now Rhyan. Time for him to think about trading out of the damn round!
Looking at our division it is wide open for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place. Imagine we could have a losing record and get a 2nd place schedule. The Lions want W's. The Bears seem to want a higher draft pick.
Was good to see Cleveland win today, they now have as many wins as the Packers. The Packers still play the Rams, Bears and Lions...losses against those 3 teams, might secure a top 5 pick in each round.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe I'll regret saying this, but why is Davis still on the team? And also, why is he playing any?
Agreed.

I remember watching both him and Deguara fan on making their blocks on the right side. As a result the Eagles defense completely blew up the play. I know some here like Deguara in MLF's offense, but I'm not completely sold on the guy, at least not as a 3rd round pick.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed.

I remember watching both him and Deguara fan on making their blocks on the right side. As a result the Eagles defense completely blew up the play. I know some here like Deguara in MLF's offense, but I'm not completely sold on the guy, at least not as a 3rd round pick.
No way GB should have a 6'-2", 240 lb TE on the roster at all! 6'-5", 250 lb minimum for TE, and preferably under 4.7 in the 40 as well. Would also be looking for a 275+ lb Full back to help at the goal line & short yardage.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No way GB should have a 6'-2", 240 lb TE on the roster at all! 6'-5", 250 lb minimum for TE, and preferably under 4.7 in the 40 as well. Would also be looking for a 275+ lb Full back to help at the goal line & short yardage.
I can see in MLF's offense how Deguara was appealing, due to his ability to block and catch balls in college. However, I really don't see him excelling at either in the NFL. Sunday night it seemed they were leaving all TE's not named Tonyan, in to help block. In that situation, I would rather they line up another offensive lineman, than watch either Davis or Deguara try to block.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Negative. An HBack TE will always have a role and a spot in a MLF system.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Negative. An HBack TE will always have a role and a spot in a MLF system.
Which I agree with, but 2 on the field at the same time and missing blocks? I know you like Deguara, I just haven't seen that much out of the guy, that we couldn't have gotten out of an UDFA.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which I agree with, but 2 on the field at the same time and missing blocks? I know you like Deguara, I just haven't seen that much out of the guy, that we couldn't have gotten out of an UDFA.

What classifies as “like”?

I think he is a very affordable and sure handed Hback type TE. I wouldn’t advocate for a second contract unless very cheap personally.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is one in which the cupboard is so bare.
I really liked that free agent that played well in preseason. He could catch the ball very well and he too could miss blocks if you asked him to do so. I think it is a big mistake to think that you just go by size of a player on whether to keep them or not. It's called hope, and that usually does not work out.

D

Deleted member 6794

What classifies as “like”?

I think he is a very affordable and sure handed Hback type TE. I wouldn’t advocate for a second contract unless very cheap personally.

While Deguara might be surehanded when targeted he's hardly involved as a receiver. He has only been targeted 12 times in 12 games and not once over the past three games.

In addition he has mostly struggled as a blocker this season so there's no reason to consider him a fit for the offense at this point.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Deguara might be surehanded when targeted he's hardly involved as a receiver. He has only been targeted 12 times in 12 games and not once over the past three games.
I believe that to be a mistake and it is a coaching/game plan flaw imho.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

In addition he has mostly struggled as a blocker this season so there's no reason to consider him a fit for the offense at this point.
Agree. Definitely not what you are looking for with a 3rd round pick. A slight step above what Sternberger did in Green Bay, but not by much. 2 strikes on 3rd round picks, I'd rather see Gute pick up a proven H Back in Free Agency.

Members online

Latest posts