Actual Signed Roster For 2022

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Campbell has missed more tackles already this season than he did all of last year. Walker and Savage aren't the only ones not holding up to their role.

100% true. Overall Campbell is not nearly the detriment as Quay or Savage is to our D's execution but man this dude has GOT to clean up his tackling.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Campbell has missed more tackles already this season than he did all of last year. Walker and Savage aren't the only ones not holding up to their role.
Campbell started a bit slowly, but I think his level of play recently has been just fine. I think the Tampa game he was being tackled as he was trying to make tackles so I kind of give him a pass on that one. But there isn't anything wrong with his game lately, and he was really pretty good against the Giants.

Reaction score
Campbell started a bit slowly, but I think his level of play recently has been just fine. I think the Tampa game he was being tackled as he was trying to make tackles so I kind of give him a pass on that one. But there isn't anything wrong with his game lately, and he was really pretty good against the Giants.
I witnessed that. I saw at least 1 replay where Campbell was clearly held and threw his arms up because that hold directly resulted in a big Running play. Campbell isn’t one to complain about holding, but it was egregious. I Guess it’s only illegal if you get caught :whistling:

As I was reviewing some big runs we gave up, I noticed Lowry wasn’t very equipped at shedding blocks. Even on 1 on 1’s he’s lose his rep and get pushed around some. 1 OL blocker had him totally spun around and shoved him out of a his gap. Hiwever I did see Lowry was on a highlight reel.. for the opposing OL :eek:

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I witnessed that. I saw at least 1 replay where Campbell was clearly held and threw his arms up because that hold directly resulted in a big Running play. Campbell isn’t one to complain about holding, but it was egregious. I Guess it’s only illegal if you get caught :whistling:

As I was reviewing some big runs we gave up, I noticed Lowry wasn’t very equipped at shedding blocks. Even on 1 on 1’s he’s lose his rep and get pushed around some. 1 OL blocker had him totally spun around and shoved him out of a his gap. Hiwever I did see Lowry was on a highlight reel.. for the opposing OL :eek:
I cannot wait till the day we do not have Lowry in the lineup. I know we are in debt to him, but man he drives me crazy. He's what I refer to as a jersey filler. He's out there, but rarely does he make plays

Reaction score
I cannot wait till the day we do not have Lowry in the lineup. I know we are in debt to him, but man he drives me crazy. He's what I refer to as a jersey filler. He's out there, but rarely does he make plays
I see Dean as a more “slightly above average” Pass Rusher and “slightly below average” Run stopper. I’m just going off my novice eye test and that could be completely off idk. Lowry has a fantastic Bull Rush on occasion and I’ve seen him move a 315lb OL into the pocket like a toy doll. He’s got a strong power base and can anchor, but that move can’t be administered constant throughout a game. You need a variety or arsenal of pass rush moves.

His backup, D Wyatt looks better at getting past his opponent verses trying to Run through them. Wyatt normally gets stalled when doubled (I guess many do) but In watching his film closely in slow motion I noticed D Wyatt is near expert level at shedding blocks. His hands might be his best feature and he's got like Judo moves and uses hand leverage very effectively. So much so, I saw several plays where his opponent was totally thrown off balance.
Wyatt’s balance for his size is impressive and he reminds me of a slightly bigger, faster, young, Mike Daniels. His “effort” motor is a smidge less than Rashan but he plays through the whistle, which I love.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

While it's true Campbell has already missed several tackles this season his overall performance is significantly better than the ones of Savage and Walker.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
While it's true Campbell has already missed several tackles this season his overall performance is significantly better than the ones of Savage and Walker.
I don't disagree with that at all. My point is, the defense is underperforming as a whole.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers claimed T Luke Tenuta (6-8, 314) off waivers from the Colts yesterday. He was a sixth round pick by the Bills this year but was released at final cutdowns and claimed by the Colts. He didn't play any snaps for them in the regular season though. During the preseason he primarily lined up at right tackle for the Bills while playing some snaps at left tackle as well.

In college, he was a starter for 2 1/2 years for Virginia Tech playing both tackle spots for them as well.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We also just signed Kawaan Baker to the PS

South Alabama prospect drafted in the seventh by the Saints in 2021. He's played in two NFL games. In college he had nearly 1900 yards, 16 touchdowns along with 82 rushes that produced 11 TDs.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
L
The Packers claimed T Luke Tenuta (6-8, 314) off waivers from the Colts yesterday. He was a sixth round pick by the Bills this year but was released at final cutdowns and claimed by the Colts. He didn't play any snaps for them in the regular season though. During the preseason he primarily lined up at right tackle for the Bills while playing some snaps at left tackle as well.

In college, he was a starter for 2 1/2 years for Virginia Tech playing both tackle spots for them as well.
Like to see him get a few snaps. Why not try?

Reaction score

Interesting. They must like those
VA Tech O Tackles, as that’s where Nijman graduated.

Reaction score
I think Caleb Jones would get tested at RT before he would - that is once Jones comes off of non-football illness IR.
Do you think Caleb’s situation is more serious than thought?
I noticed he’s been out since Oct 1

Or is this in response because they think Nijman is going to go active at RT?

D

Deleted member 6794

Do you think Caleb’s situation is more serious than thought?
I noticed he’s been out since Oct 1

There's no information available on why Caleb Jones has been put on the Non-Football Illness list. It's anybody's guess if it's serious or not at this point.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no information available on why Caleb Jones has been put on the Non-Football Illness list. It's anybody's guess if it's serious or not at this point.
I believe to remove CJ from the NFI list it would require 1 of the 8 allotted roster-moves allowed (e.g. removing a player from IR). Unless they actually intend to use him on the active list there's no reason to use-up 1 of the transactions.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe to remove CJ from the NFI list it would require 1 of the 8 allotted roster-moves allowed (e.g. removing a player from IR). Unless they actually intend to use him on the active list there's no reason to use-up 1 of the transactions.
Good point.

D

Deleted member 6794

You're right about that, I forgot that a player being activated from the NFI list is considered as one of those eight moves as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Making room on the 53 for Kylin Hill & ???.
Is Barnes almost ready? (I almost wrote Bishop.) Actually, Barnes and Q does not sound half bad. Though McDuffie looked good from the little I saw of him.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Barnes almost ready? (I almost wrote Bishop.) Actually, Barnes and Q does not sound half bad. Though McDuffie looked good from the little I saw of him.
Bishop. Not a bad idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts