Aaron Jones - Gotta keep him beyond 2022

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You got to give him credit. He produces consitently. He can run and catch and probably is the only guy who is a playmaker on this 2022 Packers team.

Not a freak of nature or world class athlete like a Barkley, Reggie Bush, Faulk, mcFadden, etc. and obviously not a bruiser like Henry

But AJ is consistent, is a great locker room guy and definitely NOT "overpaid" at this point - even for a RB

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are literally two or three other actively posted to threads to share this thought to. You gotta stop just dropping new threads whenever you have a thought.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree with Kev more than I agree with him. I agree with you more than I disagree with you, but maybe you should stop beefing the guy for starting new threads. I would get it if threads actually stayed on topic. I could see if you were beefing about people posting things that have absolutely nothing to do with the thread title which happens here all the time. Color me confused.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I hope they find a way to restructure his contract and keep Aaron Jones.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I hope they find a way to restructure his contract and keep Aaron Jones.

As discussed in numerous other spots, he’s under contract for next year but as you said and many of us have shared we hope a restructure happens BECAUSE he is amazing but not worth the like $20m his hit goes to next year

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id rather see a new on topic thread than one that’s meandered all over for months

D

Deleted member 6794

You got to give him credit. He produces consitently. He can run and catch and probably is the only guy who is a playmaker on this 2022 Packers team.

Not a freak of nature or world class athlete like a Barkley, Reggie Bush, Faulk, mcFadden, etc. and obviously not a bruiser like Henry

But AJ is consistent, is a great locker room guy and definitely NOT "overpaid" at this point - even for a RB

As mentioned repeatedly I want the Packers to keep Aaron Jones as well. Restructure his contract to reduce the cap hit for 2023 to $8 million saving a total of $12 million of cap space with him being paid the same amount of cash next season.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it possible this was done to trade him if Aaron Rodgers leaves too? Though I'm doubtful, he's a more attractive trade target if his salary cap hit is lower. If Rodgers goes to the Jets we can get Bijan cheap in the draft and a WR too to stock the shelves for Love.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Is it possible this was done to trade him if Aaron Rodgers leaves too? Though I'm doubtful, he's a more attractive trade target if his salary cap hit is lower. If Rodgers goes to the Jets we can get Bijan cheap in the draft and a WR too to stock the shelves for Love.
I doubt the Packers now trade Aaron Jones.

I could see Bahk being packaged up in a Rodgers trade package, but that would also depend a lot on if the team in the conversation, needs a LT. The Jets have soon to be 38 year old Duane Brown at LT, so Bahk might be an upgrade for them. Whereas the Raiders have Kolton Miller at LT, they don't need Bahk.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, Aaron Jones will not be cut it seems.

He and the Packers have agreed to a restructure of his contract, keeping him a Packer for some years to come.

Actually the move all but guarantees that Jones will be on the roster in 2023 but the Packers didn't commit to keeping him for another season after it.

The Packers wouldn't save any cap space by trading Jones now though. Therefore I highly doubt there's any chance of it happening.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts