A. Rodgers

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I only seen a few throws from him and I thought they were thrown from a very nice form albeit they didn't land where I had expected they did look nice.

Anyone watch the whole thing? Could you give your opinion on it please?

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me it's too early to judge. I agreed with Sherman's comments when he said something to the effect that it was hard to evaluate any of the QBs play in the scrimmage. I'd like to see a more solid performance by the O-line and then see how Rodgers performs. I didn't think any of the QBs had much of a chance to show their stuff the way the protection broke down so often.

Though his performance wasn't great, Rogers didn't do anything to show me that he didn't belong like Couch and his weakarmed passes last year where it was obvious his arm was dead.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
thanks for the feedback

hahaha...

i thought his arm looked great. thats about all i can take from that game. the O-line took a crap on him (i read in one instance it was actually his fault though...mental error on the on the whereabouts of the protection), not to mention receivers dropping 2 balls on him right out of the gate. that cant be good for a rook trying to establish some rythm early.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
From what I read and what is being said, QB's didn't have much of a chance to show or prove anything and apparently the players weren't helping out by dropping the passes.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was outstanding on Thursday night, was so-so on Friday morning and ineffective on Friday night, mostly due to lack of time and receivers dropping passes. He has a good arm and looks like he's picking up the offense well. With a year or two as backup, he's going to be pretty good when his time comes.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
He was outstanding on Thursday night, was so-so on Friday morning and ineffective on Friday night, mostly due to lack of time and receivers dropping passes. He has a good arm and looks like he's picking up the offense well. With a year or two as backup, he's going to be pretty good when his time comes.

I will along with that. Probably a #3 this season and a real good shot at the back up spot next season. I just can't see him unseating Nall and really grasping the offence this quickly.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was 1 for 7 on the night, but his performance was better than that. His first few passes were very crisp and on the money, short to medium-length throws. Unfortunately, two of them were dropped even though they hit the receivers in stride. Then the pass protection started to break down very badly. On one play, Rodgers was under heavy pressure and tried to dump one off to a running back and hit one of his own linemen in the backfield. A classic rookie mistake. Craig Nall came in shortly afterwards, but didn't look any better because the Packer O-line could not handle the Bills blitz and the receivers were not getting open.

Rodgers did come back later and had a chance for a long bomb (I think it was to Andrea Thurman), but he rushed the throw and underthrew it by a good 5 yards. Overall, I thought Rodgers looked quite poised for a rookie. He appears to have a pretty good knowledge of the offense.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
That receiver should have slowed down to catch it, even Sharpe noticed that error on the receiver.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give the guy 2 years behind Brett and you will end up with a decent QB, but its up to him to learn and be humble !!!! His time will come !!!! :twisted:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMHO, Sharpe is full of crap. A receiver can't be expected to catch a pass that is underthrown that badly. He got a little space out in front of the defender and was very appropriately expecting the pass to be out in front.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
IMHO, Sharpe is full of crap. A receiver can't be expected to catch a pass that is underthrown that badly. He got a little space out in front of the defender and was very appropriately expecting the pass to be out in front.

When he looked back if he would have turned in and slowed, he'd have an easy grab.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not every throw is going to be on the money even if the QB has the accuracy to put it there. There are throwing lanes to consider and the positioning of the D players, therefore the QB has to put it where it can't be knocked down or intercepted. So there are times when reciever has to adjust and/or make the difficult catch.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the whole thing and thought AR looked pretty good. The recievers and OL failed him. You couldn't really judge Nall all that much because by the time he took the helm the OL was very porous. Plus AR was going against the Bills #1 D, a smart move by Sherman. Get the kid some action vs the real McCoys.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron got a lot of time in this mornings practice and looked great. He throws with really good velocity, is right on the mark and made some really good reads. He was far better than Nall and Sullivan and Sullivan looked a lot better than Nall. From what I saw today, and mind you it's only one practice, but he looks like he could be the number 2. He has some excitement in him.

Members online

Latest posts