A little concerned, but thats football

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For most of our games, we have seemingly played down to our opposition. THIS is a major concern, almost as if MM is worried about revealing too much to the solid teams. To let the Lions score and move the ball the way they did is almost sad.

It seems like we were playing soft D all day. I only saw around 6 plays where we sent more than the from 3 on blitzes, and, while I am sure this was to prevent the short underneath stuff, we still got torched in that department. If we are going to play soft, put the guys who can cover the best out there... its called... NICKEL!!!

Anyway, we were able to withstand, not for a lack of trying, and snatch a surefelt defeat and turn in a W. The Bears lost, so we are .5 games back. Either way, we do not look like the world beater team everyone had us as. We look like we are out of sorts on offense, with our hands tied. I am sure this will get better as the season progresses, but we have too much talent to be wasting on the BS run plays we have in our book currently while trying to prove we are a "balanced team". Air it out in 5 wide MM.

Thats who we are. Stop trying to paint a zebra brown and call it a donkey. We are pretty good at being a zebra. If you can convince TT to grab a solid set of stripes (ala a running back of any REAL caliber) then we can adjust and go back to power running. I like Kuhn, and BJAX is a great blocker, but starting or even serviceable RBs for a season... THEY ARE NOT...

Make a worthwhile move to get a real RB and then talk about running the ball.

All in all, it was a pretty good day. Lets hope for more and pray that we find some rhythm we are so desperately needing.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I felt like the Lions should have won that game. Two turnovers by special teams and two picks by Rodgers is just unacceptable. I felt like Jennings should have made a play on one of the picks, and Jordy really needs to hold the ******* ball.

I wasn't happy with this whole rushing three nonsense late in the game. We still got some pressure, but I would have liked to have seen a more aggressive blitz.

28-7 at the half. 28-26 final. What. The. ****.

Two bad games back to back. We better clean this **** up for Washington.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with both posts. Let's also look at the fact that A-Rodg has thrown 2 Picks...in 2 games. 2 wins...but both games the Pack should've lost. We should be 1-3 right now...yet somehow we aren't.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I felt like the Lions should have won that game. Two turnovers by special teams and two picks by Rodgers is just unacceptable. I felt like Jennings should have made a play on one of the picks, and Jordy really needs to hold the ******* ball.

I wasn't happy with this whole rushing three nonsense late in the game. We still got some pressure, but I would have liked to have seen a more aggressive blitz.

28-7 at the half. 28-26 final. What. The. ****.

Two bad games back to back. We better clean this **** up for Washington.

I don't know about the blitzing... Earlier in the game, when we blitzed we got burned damn near every time with a dump off to Best or the TE's. Problem was, our Defense had NO answers for that Lion Offense. Got a couple picks on miscue's by the Lion WR's (Falling down/Breaking the wrong direction). And we got lucky with a call on their last drive before the punt. Woodson was all over the receiver on that 3rd down play and it should have been called PI... But it wasn't and I won't complain.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yea, blitzing in that kind of game was a bad idea. But the 3 and 4 man rushes were doing absolutely nothing..

I think it actually hurt us a bit that Chillar was inactive.

OP
OP
DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about the blitzing... Earlier in the game, when we blitzed we got burned damn near every time with a dump off to Best or the TE's. Problem was, our Defense had NO answers for that Lion Offense. Got a couple picks on miscue's by the Lion WR's (Falling down/Breaking the wrong direction). And we got lucky with a call on their last drive before the punt. Woodson was all over the receiver on that 3rd down play and it should have been called PI... But it wasn't and I won't complain.

I have no problem with the sending 3, but in that situation, put the coverage guys out there. I would rather have the nickel guys chasing best and pettigrew than hawk and barnett. Its a package, not scheme issue that needs fixed. I felt again like in years past that we were forcing a square peg into a round hole. Everytime MM does this, there are issues. Team that with the fact that they are reluctant to test out KR guys to replace and under/ ill effective Jordy Nelson at the spot.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not pleased with the performance but i'm still not panicing, it's like this all around the leauge. Who would have thought the colts would be 2-2? this season has definitely been more of an "any given sunday" reality, must be killing the gamblers

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the sound of this thread. I agree, specially with the soft D. It seems like we're scared of the deep play, so we allow everything underneat. And I hate this kind of football.

We have Tramon Williams blanketing every receiver he gets his hands on. Have some faith in him. We have Nick Collins and Charles Woodson. Have faith in them, and play aggressive D.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread, but our defense just took a hit- Burnett out for the year with an ACL tear. Let's hope Bigby is healthy and ready to roll in two weeks when he's back from the PUP list.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the sound of this thread. I agree, specially with the soft D. It seems like we're scared of the deep play, so we allow everything underneat. And I hate this kind of football.

I agree, but I think that's a trend we're going to start seeing throughout the league. Since the league has shifted to more of a passing league, and the rules have changed to fit that type of offense, teams are starting to throw deep with the hopes of getting a PI call rather than a completion. We saw that bite us in the *** in the Chicago game, and I think we'll see it bite plenty of other teams in the *** as well.