A future problem D-line

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What will happen when Corey Williams, Cullen Jenkins, Collin Cole, and Nick Barnett all become free agents at the same time??

The linemen will compare their performances to Pickett to gauge the money they are worth?

I know you want to worry about this season but signing these guys to long term contracts could lock them up for awhile cheaply, burn cap money this year, and save cap room long term.

If you wait at least one will be lost to free agency without compensation and a big hole in the defense occurring at the same time.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 of the 4 would be restricted and Barnett isn't worried about leaving if the right money is on the table from the Packers....sources you may ask...how about from the horse's mouth....Nick has a club in Green Bay....I don't like it, because it takes forever to get a simple beer do to all the people ordering wierd mix drinks....but as I was saying, being forced to go there by my girlfriend, I find myself standing around alot talking to incoming packers for abit including Nick.....by the way the coolest Packers I ever met was Bubba Franks, LeRoy Butler, Santana Dotson, and Russell Maryland...

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the club name is "the 5 6 "

I think in two years we probably let some of them go, unless they produce in the next couple of years

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tabojc03 said:
I think in two years we probably let some of them go, unless they produce in the next couple of years

Most likely. Hopefully one guy emerges as a clear cut starter alongside Pickett, and the rest will be depth on the D-line. It'd be nice to retain all that depth, but if another team sees a guy we have as a starter TT will probably let him go and just draft another DT to fill that role.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I guess you can see how concerned others are about the future of the players you mentioned, the thread quickly turned into a discussion on GB bars. :)

Personally, I guess I'm not that concerned either. I don't see any of the DL you mentioned as ever being starters. Good depth and rotational players maybe, but those are always available fairly cheap.

Members online

Latest posts