A Dose of Optimism

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things look bad but I would't give up on the sesoan just yet, heres nine reasons to be optimistic:

1. Rodgers returned to practice, plain and simple he gives us a chance to win every game.

2. Brandon Jackson finally had some sucess last week, now MM and BJ have to commit to building off that if they want to get a run game established. The coaches were very dumb about how they utilized Jackson once he got going, but I feel it wouldn't be that hard if MM would commit to it and come up with a strategy on how to utilize his backs. I'd also like to see Nance get a shot to see if he could be a hidden gem, and of course Kuhn is a beast in those short yardage situations.

3. Despite all of our injuries our WR depth has gone untouched, our 3 and 4 WRs are still better than some teams 1 and 2s.

4. the loss of Finley hurt (for both the packers and my fantasy team:frustrated:) but I really like what I saw from Quarless and I wouldn't bet against him to become a reliable target for Rodgers. (I sill miss Havner though, a TE/LB hybrid would come in very handy right now.)

5. While I love Clifton and Tauscher for all of the years they've been our Tackles, I feel our oline coul be improved by plugging in Bulaga and Lang at the T spots. MM hopefully will see this and then we will have a good Starting T tandem plus proven veteran backups. Our Oline depth is way better one only has to look at the first half of last year to see that.

6. Our Dline has been way better at getting an inside rush this year, I can't belive anyone questioned the Mike Neal pick. Jenkins has been our best rusher on the Dline, Raji is developing into a great NT the loss of Pickett hurt but Jenkins-Raji-Neall looks like a great base package to me.

7. Bishop backed up some of his talk in his first start in place of Barnett. While he got called for a few penalties, he still looked like a guy who wants to earn his paycheck. Clay Matthews will only miss one game if that. He's having a DPOY season despite being double teamed all of the time.

8. Bigby hopefully will be ready to play in week 7, he should have plenty of motivation knowing it'll be back to the bench if he doesn't produce before Burnett returns next season. Harris will also feel the heat knowing this could be his last chance. Tramon Williams has been amazing so far and Woodson may be going trough a rough patch but he's still the reigning DPOY and the pick-6 king so it's impossible to count him out.

9 the Vikings have lost their magic and the Bears have yet to get a quality win:viksux::chisux:, the division, and the NFC is still wide open.

SB may seem like a stretch, but i still expect this team to make the playoffs as the NFC North champs. :happy0005:

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you on every point except Jackson. He's too small and too slow. He was chased down too easily on that 70 something yard carry. But that doesn't mean we might not have a gem in Starks. The guy is big, strong, and fast. And you're right on Quarless. The guy showed up to play and will show even more against MIA seeing how he's probably gettin' the majority of the reps now in practice.

Reaction score
I agree with you on every point except Jackson. He's too small and too slow. He was chased down too easily on that 70 something yard carry. But that doesn't mean we might not have a gem in Starks. The guy is big, strong, and fast. And you're right on Quarless. The guy showed up to play and will show even more against MIA seeing how he's probably gettin' the majority of the reps now in practice.

He was chased down by CB's that usually run 4.3s in college. Hes not Chris Johnson so dont expect him to be super fast

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
agreed on Jackson (2411t), he is way to slow to be an outstanding back. And to small to be a power back. That 70 yarder was great blocking and missed tackles. He got chased down WAAAAY to easily by a linebacker or something (maybe DB, not sure), but quality running back makes that a TD easily that far in the secondary.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was chased down by CB's that usually run 4.3s in college. Hes not Chris Johnson so dont expect him to be super fast

4.3s is REALLY REALLY fast. I don't expect him to be CJ, but they were closing in on him waaaaay too fast. Jacksons 40 is 4.54. I don't know if anyone would consider that fantastic.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Point number one is the most important to me. I think people forget that. He may not have had the best start to a season that he should. But we should all know that as long as Rodgers is playing, we are in every single game.

Members online

Latest posts