A couple FA's we should look at

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The same could have been said about Perry until 2015 season. I'm not comparing the 2 as players... just that early career injuries don't always show the entire picture. Ferguson is cheap (whether on IR or playing) this season, and if he shows some talent would be a good find.

Maybe so. Well see but I don't see anything to get excited about. It is what it is type signing.

Personally I think Fox knows what he is doing and is getting rid of a bust. Kind of like when we got rid of "Jerel Worthless"

H

HardRightEdge

You can have 90 guys in camp. Evidently Ferguson is one of them. Beyond that, we'll see what he does if he can make to preseason.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Hopefully they developed him and he hits that potential this year. :)

Yep, add him to the "hope list".

Lotta hope going around.

"Hope and excitement" on a bunch of players magically developing on the worse pass defense in the NFL that haven't shown all that much.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Kind of a low risk high reward pick up. If he sucks they cut him. But if he can play he's only 26.

I don't mind the Packers taking a gamble on him as his contract doesn't include any guarantees but there's no reason to get excited about it either.

Also I can't say I'm for keeping Guion, well 100% anyway. But if you watch the tape even from last season he does make impact plays that weren't being made by others sometimes. I wouldn't be surprised if he sticks around and plays after suspension. I don't see this as a sign of management cutting Guion because Ego may not make till to the 53 himself!

I'm pretty confident the front office wants to get rid of Guion if they can adequately replace him. That shouldn't be that tough to begin with after the way he performed in 2016. I don't expect Ferguson to be capable of it though.

The same could have been said about Perry until 2015 season. I'm not comparing the 2 as players... just that early career injuries don't always show the entire picture. Ferguson is cheap (whether on IR or playing) this season, and if he shows some talent would be a good find.

There's no reason to bring up Perry as a valid comparison as Ferguson has missed 27 consecutive games because of injuries and has been suspended for four games because of violating the league's PED policy.

Hopefully they developed him and he hits that potential this year. :)

Ferguson hasn't played since week 5 of the 2015 season.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant personally be mad about us beefing up the DL, keeping these guys rotated and fresh is gonna benefit our pass rush significantly.

On a side note, anyone else dissapointed the Packers didnt pursuit Zach Brown more agressively?

D

Deleted member 6794

On a side note, anyone else dissapointed the Packers didnt pursuit Zach Brown more agressively?

Brown would have presented an upgrade at inside linebacker but I'm OK with the Packers not offering him $4.65 million for next season.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears reached big time with this guy. The hope is he could supply some pass rush up the middle. He hasn't even been able to really even find the field.

I seem to recall a few mock drafts and a few experts had him with a low first round grade. I don't know that they reached for him other than the results they got from him seem to indicate that.

Not that mocks and experts are the be all and end all but there were a few other people besides the Bears that thought he was worth it at that point.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I seem to recall a few mock drafts and a few experts had him with a low first round grade. I don't know that they reached for him other than the results they got from him seem to indicate that.

Not that mocks and experts are the be all and end all but there were a few other people besides the Bears that thought he was worth it at that point.

I'm not a huge Mel Kiper fan but that was his take that it was a reach. It appears the Bears drafted pure need here and got burned which is usually what happens.

I have no problem with this signing as there is really no risk. Just not something I'm all that excited about.

Go get a no.1 corner and I will start getting excited.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts