1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

A bit puzzled . . .

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by LZ13, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Munch

Munch NFL Owner

Ratings:
    +89
    I agree we didn't have to ram the ball down their throughts but a few more first downs would have helped at least get in field goal range and get Crosby some well needed practice.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,049
    I do too.

3. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Look we had played this team twice in six days. I think, me included, the Coaching staff felt the Vikes wern't coming back with that QB and were just accepting the final conclusion. I think it was conservatism with a reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. PackersDraft

PackersDraft Draftnik

Ratings:
    +47
    This is correct. We were saving something for the next game. We aren't going to show everything we can against a pathetic Joe Webb led Vikings' team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +374
    YES, YES, 1000 TIMES YES! ^SO MUCH THIS!

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    1250 WSSP today Big Unit said this..

They were playing like the KNEW Vikings would not score anymore and that they would not show the Niners any extra stuff..Went on to explain how that he has known Mm to do a pay and it makes you go WTF....But it was ony for tape for their next opponent to study it

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,666
    The Heidi Bowl is often mis-remembered. It was a close, see-saw game. The Jets, with a 3 point lead, kicked off with about a minute on the clock when the network cut away from the broadcast. Lamonica led Oakland to a quick TD, and the Jets fumbled the ensuing kickoff to end the game. It should not be remembered as some kind of furious comeback...it it notorious as a network gaff compounded by the fact it was an exciting game all the way through.

A bit of obscure trivia: Lamonica was a Packer draftee who opted for the AFL.

The Frank Reich Bills comeback against Houston is the gold standard. This was not shaping up to be that kind of game.

• Informative Informative x 1