99% sure we're in the playoffs.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's only three scenarios we don't make the playoffs:

1)If we lose every game, and the Giants win out (including this current game) and both Philadelphia and Dallas win out, independent of the last game between them.

2) If we only win one remaining game, if the Giants win out, AND both the Eagles and the Cowboys win out, and TIE their last game.

3) If we only win THE PITTSBURGH game, if the Giants win out, AND both the Eagles and the Cowboys win out, and if the Cowboys win or tie the last game.

- If we win 2 games, we're in, even if the NFC East teams win out.

- If one of those teams loses one game, or if the Giants lose today, we're in.

- If we only win one game, even if it's the Pittsburgh game, they win out, but Philadelphia wins the last game, we're in.

So, as you can see, now we can start worrying about the playoffs. :happy0005:

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we just win this next game, we're a lock for the playoffs due to us having the tiebreaker over the cowboys. I don't know why we need to worry about the Giants so much.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants lost, what a relief so glad we can count them off. However with the way the Packers are playing I don't really think we are that ready for the playoffs yet. Our defense is solid yet are mistake prone at times in the third quarter and our offensive line is still somewhat of an issue. A lot of people predict that we will lose the first playoff game but im hoping for a deep run.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, you can scrap all that math off.

There's one way and one way only we're out of the playoffs.

If we lose every game, and ALL the NFC East teams win every game.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In these next 3 games, this is the time to gain momentum going into the playoffs so that they can be unstoppable.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say ity is a lock with the giants and Cowboys both loseing today. Congrads for turning the season around.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In these next 3 games, this is the time to gain momentum going into the playoffs so that they can be unstoppable.
You better play better than you did today against a happless bears squad. You will be on the road either in Philly or Arizona and will need to play better to get a shot at the vikes or saints

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You better play better than you did today against a happless bears squad. You will be on the road either in Philly or Arizona and will need to play better to get a shot at the vikes or saints
A win is a win and every team has their games where the might not win or play as good as they like.... Minnesota had that game against the Cards last week. Green bay's defense played very well again today, and Rodgers had a decent game... And of course the running game was sick. They might not have put up a ton of points, but a win is a win. They played Minnesota very tough both time this year, and since then Green Bay has come along ways on both sides of the ball. I think if Green bay and Minnesota meet in the playoffs it might be a different game. Although Minnesota is a tough place to win in.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
If the Packer win one game I believe they are in. Now at 5-6 will depend on others with one win. With 2 wins the Packers are pretty much assured of the 5 spot.

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say ity is a lock with the giants and Cowboys both loseing today. Congrads for turning the season around.

why cant more vikings fans on this board be like you? the others talk about how we have an easy schedule when we play almost the exact same opponents

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fat lady has not sung yet for the division. vikings have to win another game. Their next 2 are on the road and I think over confidence may get the best of them against Carolina who played New England well. I think the NY Giants will be playing for the 6th seed wild card.

It could happen. Steve Smith can get hot for one game and the bears stop turning over the ball, with the outdoor weather playing it's role.

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fat lady has not sung yet for the division. vikings have to win another game. Their next 2 are on the road and I think over confidence may get the best of them against Carolina who played New England well. I think the NY Giants will be playing for the 6th seed wild card.

It could happen. Steve Smith can get hot for one game and the bears stop turning over the ball, with the outdoor weather playing it's role.

plus favre in soldier wasnt always a pretty sight to see. i might be going to this game cause my friend is a bears fan. nothing i would like more to see than favre suck it up in soldier (again)

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
why cant more vikings fans on this board be like you? the others talk about how we have an easy schedule when we play almost the exact same opponents
Funny a lot of Packer fans have been saying the same thing about the Vikings. That they haven't played anyone. They play the exact same schedule expect for two games during the year.

The Vikings could lose to Carolina. The Packers could lose to Pittsburgh. Anything can happen that is why they play the games.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If they had lost against Cincy, then I would have hopes that we could win the division.

But now, it won't happen. IMHO it's easier for us to be out of the playoffs than for them to lose the division.

But I'll be extremely happy if I'm wrong about that.

thetrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i say the packers are in the playoffs even if they lose to pittsburgh.the nfc kind of sucks and the eagles will win their division and the cowboys and giants suck so only one will win a WC.there and the cowboys have a tough few weeks.so don't worry guys

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
i say the packers are in the playoffs even if they lose to pittsburgh.the nfc kind of sucks and the eagles will win their division and the cowboys and giants suck so only one will win a WC.there and the cowboys have a tough few weeks.so don't worry guys
Green Bay would pretty much have to lose out, plus have several things go just right for other teams to not make it into the playoffs. It really is just a matter of being the 5 or 6 seed.

dimension

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could still not make the playoffs with a win at the steelers

if we win there but lose the other two and the giants/cowboys win all their remainders and philly only loses to the cowboys we would not get in

unlikely but still possible

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think there's much of a chance Minnesota loses to Carolina or Chicago. The Giants, I could expect a loss because certainly, if Minny has the #2 seed locked up with no chance of getting the #1, there's little reason to play All Day, Favre, the O-line, etc., much more than a quarter or two. I look for the Giants to possibly finish out with three straight wins, meaning 10-6 and a playoff berth. Philly has a tough schedule: San Fran, Denver and at Dallas, but they appear to have the division locked up.

Arizona has a cupcake of a schedule remaining and should finish 12-4, provided they win tonite. This almost assuredly means Arizona finishes with the third best record in the NFC, meaning they host the team with the worst wild card record, which would be the Giants or Philly, probably the Giants. That means Green Bay goes to New York or Philly, probably Philly. It's a crappy city with miserable fans - not a fun place to play football.

I think the bigger of this scenario is troublesome for the Vikings. Getting the #2 seed means they'd play the winner of the (3) vs (6) seed, most probably being Arizona. Remember, Arizona befuddled Philly last season also, and Philly isn't as good this year. So, Arizona traveling to Minnesota is probably the only scenario that sees Minnesota NOT advancing. It is just the way it is in NFL football: Certain teams match up better with certain teams and there is usually nothing that can be done to change the outcome.

I think Vikings fans have to immediately become 49ers' fans, Lions' fans and Rams' fans. The good news is that it might allow Brett to return and hope Vikings management can sign a safety that is NFL-capable, and some O-lineman that can open running lanes consistently. Also, Randy Moss back to Minnesota wouldn't hurt - for at least a year or two. :)

BELAY MY LAST: I expect Green Bay to LOSE against Pittsburgh, but finish at 11-5. I also expect Arizona to finish 11-5 because Green Bay will beat them. So, my scenario above could change six ways from Friday depending on how Philly finishes. I just hope Arizona is NOT the #3 seed.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could still not make the playoffs with a win at the steelers

if we win there but lose the other two and the giants/cowboys win all their remainders and philly only loses to the cowboys we would not get in

unlikely but still possible
That's true. I think I covered it in my first post, but dismissed that idea on the next one.

Thanks for bringin it up.

Okay, so it's 98%, and not 99%... Damn, I'm scared.:jester:

dimension

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you could also swap a win against the steelers for a win against the seahawks/cardinals and we could still go out

basically we need 2 wins for 100% certainty and 1 win for 99% certainty

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys - my previous post was a waste of my time and your time, reading it. There are TOO MANY games left to bank on any particular scenario.

That is all.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there's much of a chance Minnesota loses to Carolina or Chicago. The Giants, I could expect a loss because certainly, if Minny has the #2 seed locked up with no chance of getting the #1, there's little reason to play All Day, Favre, the O-line, etc., much more than a quarter or two. I look for the Giants to possibly finish out with three straight wins, meaning 10-6 and a playoff berth. Philly has a tough schedule: San Fran, Denver and at Dallas, but they appear to have the division locked up.

Arizona has a cupcake of a schedule remaining and should finish 12-4, provided they win tonite. This almost assuredly means Arizona finishes with the third best record in the NFC, meaning they host the team with the worst wild card record, which would be the Giants or Philly, probably the Giants. That means Green Bay goes to New York or Philly, probably Philly. It's a crappy city with miserable fans - not a fun place to play football.

I think the bigger of this scenario is troublesome for the Vikings. Getting the #2 seed means they'd play the winner of the (3) vs (6) seed, most probably being Arizona. Remember, Arizona befuddled Philly last season also, and Philly isn't as good this year. So, Arizona traveling to Minnesota is probably the only scenario that sees Minnesota NOT advancing. It is just the way it is in NFL football: Certain teams match up better with certain teams and there is usually nothing that can be done to change the outcome.

I think Vikings fans have to immediately become 49ers' fans, Lions' fans and Rams' fans. The good news is that it might allow Brett to return and hope Vikings management can sign a safety that is NFL-capable, and some O-lineman that can open running lanes consistently. Also, Randy Moss back to Minnesota wouldn't hurt - for at least a year or two. :)

BELAY MY LAST: I expect Green Bay to LOSE against Pittsburgh, but finish at 11-5. I also expect Arizona to finish 11-5 because Green Bay will beat them. So, my scenario above could change six ways from Friday depending on how Philly finishes. I just hope Arizona is NOT the #3 seed.

Minny has the division locked up whether we like it or not. Everyone knows it unless there is a tremendous meltdown. GB will be the 5 seed most likely around 11-5... Playoffs baby!

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Arz and MinnII will not be like it was the first time. Minn will adjust to that d and they will be up for that game. Arz caught them at the right time and now that winfield is back that will change the secondary for the good(see yesterday). the only team that could stop Minn imo are the saints. And even they don't scare me as much as they did earlier in the season. Not predicting a sb but I like the chances even more after the preformance yesterday.

Members online

Latest posts