85th pick WR Amari Rodgers

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Packers were one of the best offenses in the league in terms of generating YAC, and they didn’t have players who excel at it. Now they’ve got one.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe this pick was the ultimate passive aggressive move by the Packers. If Rodgers moves on, it might be years of "Love to Rodgers"

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's really unbelievable how well this pick fits our needs. I know everyone has their draft crush and for some this guy was it. He's not exactly my draft crush, but he fits this team's needs so perfectly. He can fulfill the Ervin motion role and is a perfect slot receiver which we desperately need. Watch his footwork on tape, the kid is electric. His play speed is sooooo much better than his timed speed. I love what we've done in the draft so far!

Reaction score
That slight trade up day 2 was exactly what I had in mind. Getting aggressive, but without getting stupid with draft capital.

This is my favorite pick this far.

D

Deleted member 6794

I like that the Packers added a slot receiver excelling in getting yards after the catch. The team was definitely in need of adding a prospect like that.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. This is the speed and YAC guy that the Packers have been lacking to compliment Adams. Might have also been a bit of an olive branch to the other Rodgers.

Or it might have been a money saving move. Now they won't have to get a new locker sign or replace the place setting cards in the team cafeteria.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Or it might have been a money saving move. Now they won't have to get a new locker sign or replace the place setting cards in the team cafeteria.

You saying that Amari might look kind of good wearing #12 and no need to change the name on the back either?

On a semi serious note, knowing Rodgers level of brain thought, it wouldn't shock me if he reads the drafting of A. Rodgers, the WR, as some kind of poke at him by the Packers.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the player, but can't get over the fact that this pick is a slap in the face to Devante Adams. This FO shows absolutely no respect to their stars.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very happy with this pick. I expected they may get him in the 2nd! Was very happy to see they managed to get him in the 3rd. His ties to Cobb make him a very interesting guy. I expect he'll be a more durable Ervin/cobb hybrid in this system. Very excited to see him play.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slot receiver with motion/rushing ability and ST value. This was the type they were missing. He’s off-brand athletically (5.37 RAS) which indicates they must really love his game. Should have roles on offense and ST right away.

I like the fit of his game in this offense, specifically the physical pressure of a player with a good sized rb body running around in a defense's second level on any given pass play.

Pair that with a fast 250 pound rb with Earl Campbell legs, Adams and MVS onthe outisde and i hope AR under center. How do you defend against that?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like this kids quicks shake and most of all his balance. Hes a tough player to bring down from a purely physical standpoint but what i like most of all is this kids ability to keep his feet under him. This is a kid who could really excel in the slot.

Low RAS score but that cant anticipate how a RB body type might matchup in that part of the field and ive yet to see a drill that really shows how a player runs over and around bodies while being tripped up by defenders and whether that player can stay on his feet, which this kid does very well.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Low RAS score but that cant anticipate how a RB body type might matchup in that part of the field and ive yet to see a drill that really shows how a player runs over and around bodies while being tripped up by defenders and whether that player can stay on his feet, which this kid does very well.

I don't really study how the RAS is fully calculated, but have to think that its skewed a lot by his height and his vertical? Very happy with this pick, wish it was a year ago, but I will take it now. The Packers finally have what looks to be a legit slot guy, a motion guy, a return guy and young legs.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he looks better than Cobb. We'll have to see if he can hold on to the ball. The video I saw shows him getting open deep a bunch and making some tough catches. Gotta believe he has some really good moves.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really study how the RAS is fully calculated, but have to think that its skewed a lot by his height and his vertical? Very happy with this pick, wish it was a year ago, but I will take it now. The Packers finally have what looks to be a legit slot guy, a motion guy, a return guy and young legs.
I was just trying to work through this as well. You watch him play and he looks very athletic. Good burst and elusiveness. Maybe he just didn't practice and train for 3 cone, vertical, etc?

What I like about him is his toughness. He will make a cut and elude a guy, but if it looks like the next guy is going to tackle him, he puts his shoulder down and delivers a blow. Seems to try and get every inch out of every play. Great attitude!

I think he will do very well in this offense.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
One of the first players I have seen Gute draft and there not be negatives about him. Probably someone else that I am missing....Jaire, Savage or Jenkins.....but a refreshing change that most of us love this pick.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the first players I have seen Gute draft and there not be negatives about him. Probably someone else that I am missing....Jaire, Savage or Jenkins.....but a refreshing change that most of us love this pick.

There were a decent amount of complaints with jaire because of who else was on the board.

Reaction score
If an opportunity arises to do a slight trade up in the 4-5th rounds for a player we feel is a great value and can produce early on, we should be prepared to spend a 6th or 7th rounder to do so. Love the concept of what we did there at #85..
What's funny is I missed the trade and when I came back we were on the clock! I was frantically searching and one site had GB with TWO 3rd rounders TWO Fourth rounders, TWO Fifths, TWO Sixths etc... I thought for a second that we traded a future day 1-2 selection!! I was like Holy crap the must see a gem!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I was just trying to work through this as well. You watch him play and he looks very athletic. Good burst and elusiveness. Maybe he just didn't practice and train for 3 cone, vertical, etc?

What I like about him is his toughness. He will make a cut and elude a guy, but if it looks like the next guy is going to tackle him, he puts his shoulder down and delivers a blow. Seems to try and get every inch out of every play. Great attitude!

I think he will do very well in this offense.

I’ve found that RAS and other athletic metrics tend to be lest predictive/important for running backs.

Rodgers is not a running back but he’s built like one, and plays receiver like one. The tests may just not do a good job of measuring the way in which his movement skills are exceptional.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If an opportunity arises to do a slight trade up in the 4-5th rounds for a player we feel is a great value and can produce early on, we should be prepared to spend a 6th or 7th rounder to do so. Love the concept of what we did there at #85..
What's funny is I missed the trade and when I came back we were on the clock! I was frantically searching and one site had GB with TWO 3rd rounders TWO Fourth rounders, TWO Fifths, TWO Sixths etc... I thought for a second that we traded a future day 1-2 selection!! I was like Holy crap the must see a gem!

I thought we finally traded Rodgers and that pick was the first of many!