8-8????

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we have 2 games left and we have beaten 2 of the 3 teams this season.

the bears may rest their starter on the last game.

i think this will be a huge positive going into off season.

and for those who hope we make the playoffs its not going to happen. if we where 6-7 we may have had a chance.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
weve beaten some pretty crappy teams, its good to see life, but consisency is the difference between a good team and a team stuck in limbo, put together a solid efort, take 2 of the last 3, and i'll be happy going towards the offseason

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

and for those who hope we make the playoffs its not going to happen. if we where 6-7 we may have had a chance.

MN is really the only challenge. I imagine da Bears will play their 1st string in the first half, then rest their starters the 2nd half. We should beat Detroit easily.

OP
OP
U

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the only thing that worries me is that we have been playing horrible at home.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:

MN is really the only challenge. I imagine da Bears will play their 1st string in the first half, then rest their starters the 2nd half. We should beat Detroit easily.

I don't know. Lovie always makes a big point about beating the Packers, and I don't think it will be any different here. Especially with the Bears track record in the playoffs as of late, I think Lovie will push this team.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
umair said:

I don't know. Lovie always makes a big point about beating the Packers, and I don't think it will be any different here. Especially with the Bears track record in the playoffs as of late, I think Lovie will push this team.

Dang it. MM should have started out the season saying "my goal this year is to beat the Bears."

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8-8 is definately attainable. Playoffs will be tough, some teams will have to lose, but we're still in it.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the chances of us getting into the playoffs are slim to none.

Well, I think for a lot of us fans, it's no longer getting into the playoffs, but 8-8 is a "respectable" season. 7-9 is a losing season.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6-10 is my best guess but 7-9 is very realistic. 8-8 is unlikely as I just don't see us beating the Bears and with the way they've been playing it looks like the Saints or Cowboys have a legit chance at catching them so they will have something to play for. If they don't though no doubt the Bears play their backups against us.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:

given the fact that 'strength of victory' is a tiebreaker, we're screwed

but that doesnt mean we cant build on something positive for next year,

Exactly. winning four straight games to close out a season is ALWAYS a good thing.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:

given the fact that 'strength of victory' is a tiebreaker, we're screwed

but that doesnt mean we cant build on something positive for next year,

it goes by conference record first. Strength of victory doesnt factor in until much later on in the tiebreaking procedure.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny what a difference a week makes. After the Jets game I started a 7-9 thread to stay positive and I was looked at like it was crazy. Back then I figured if we could beat the Niners 7-9 was a real goal which I'm still saying we'll finish at. I'll ask the question again now. Is 7-9 seen as a good enough improvement?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny what a difference a week makes. After the Jets game I started a 7-9 thread to stay positive and I was looked at like it was crazy. Back then I figured if we could beat the Niners 7-9 was a real goal which I'm still saying we'll finish at. I'll ask the question again now. Is 7-9 seen as a good enough improvement?

I think absolutely yes. 3 game improvement with 4 rookies starting basically 8 games or more on offense. A very young Defense with Corey Williams, Nick Collins, AJ Hawk, and Brady Poppinga. I thin 7-9 is really something to build off of.

OP
OP
U

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:

I think absolutely yes. 3 game improvement with 4 rookies starting basically 8 games or more on offense. A very young Defense with Corey Williams, Nick Collins, AJ Hawk, and Brady Poppinga. I thin 7-9 is really something to build off of.

agreed 7-9 would be pretty good for a team thats this young. we should only get better next season unless something happens.

but 8-8 i still think we we could go 8-8.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

agreed 7-9 would be pretty good for a team thats this young. we should only get better next season unless something happens.

"Unless something happens"...Like Rodgers at QB??

OP
OP
U

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
porky88 said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

"Unless something happens"...Like Rodgers at QB??

something along the lines of that.

in my opinion if favre goes this team basiclly has to start over and it will be a couple of years till they get good again.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think 7-9 would ne good but the problem is we came out og the gate better then thought and then lost some we feel we should of won so it won't feel as good as I thought at the beginning of the year. If I look back it feels like with a few breaks we'd be in playoffs but I guess you can always look back and say that

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8-8 is definately attainable. Playoffs will be tough, some teams will have to lose, but we're still in it.
I agree, the Pack still have something to play for right now. After this weekend, they will pull to within one loss of the last playoff team because the gaints and eagles play eachother. Whichever team loses between the giants and eagles, we need to lose their last couple games which is possible. The giants play the saints week 16 and the eagles have the cowboys, so it is likely it will take until week 17 until the packers would be eliminated provided they win their next 2 games as well. I think still being alive going into the final week of the season provides some excitement for most packers fans. anything can happen in the final week of the season, (minny and cards ring a bell)!

Members online

Latest posts