8-8????

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Bears rest their QB starter, that would probably be worse for us.

Yes rest Grossman, and this would be good for the Packers because why? I guess it's because the Packer's record against Grossman is so good, oh that's right the Packers never beat the Bears with Grossman at the helm. Good plan!

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we have 2 games left and we have beaten 2 of the 3 teams this season.

the bears may rest their starter on the last game.

i think this will be a huge positive going into off season.

and for those who hope we make the playoffs its not going to happen. if we where 6-7 we may have had a chance.
The Bears 2nd string will still beat the Packers.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's could be Blackjack. I remember a few years ago when the Pack had clinched the division and headed to Chicago for the last game. They rested the starters and still pounded them. Could be time for karma to come around.

OP
OP
U

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:

and for those who hope we make the playoffs its not going to happen. if we where 6-7 we may have had a chance.

on any given sunday........

(just trying to be on the positive side)

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's could be Blackjack. I remember a few years ago when the Pack had clinched the division and headed to Chicago for the last game. They rested the starters and still pounded them. Could be time for karma to come around.

I remember that game as well. I thought for sure that the Bears were going to come out all fired up and pound on the Packer backups. The Bears played so emotionless, they got killed. I think that Nall shredded the Defense.

If I had to bet money, I would say that the Packers are going to win 2 of the last 3. Give me good enough odds, and I would take the Packers winning the last 3.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:

There isn't a 2nd string unit in the NFL that could beat the Lions or even Raiders 1st string unit. You'd be surprised how much of a difference it really is.

Looking back to last year Seattle rested their starters most of the game in Wee 17 vs. GB (though Alexander played a bit) and GB won that game with their starters. This year the Packers are a better team than last year and one could make a strong point that Seattle was a better team than Chicago. So would you argue that Chicago's backups are better than Seattle’s? If so are there any valid points. Cedric Benson and Brian Griese are great but the Bears starting offensive line isn't the greatest so I would assume the backups must be very bad. The receivers are average right now so the backups can't be to good. Defensively they do have good depth on the D-line but the LB core isn't that deep and their secondary would struggle as well.

So I wouldn't expect the Pack to lose to a 2nd string Bears team or any 2nd stringers for that matter.

Though Any Given Sunday. GB beat Miami in GB and Miami beat Chicago. Chicago whipped the Pack. There is a lot of parity in the NFL. So they could beat the Pack with their backups but it is unlikely.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to say I am not at all convinced everything is peachy in Chicagoland because they kicked the crap out of St. Louis. The Rams got 0 sacks and little pressure on Grossman which is the one thing that has to happen to beat them.

I saw replay after replay from behind Grossman where he was set in the pocket with a clear throwing lane to the WR's. You get a completely different game from Rex when people get after him.

More of the same will come this week against the Buc's as they have not been able to pressure the QB all year. This still does not remedy the fact that the Bears do not have Harris or Brown and with a few other guys banged up are not the same team defensively.

We, on the other hand, have been inconsistant on defense getting pressure on the QB. IMO if we have a game where we do get in there we have a good chance to beat the Bears regardless of them going with starters or not. If we don't get QB pressure forget it. We won't win.

I feel good about going 7-9 with 8-8 a toss up.

OP
OP
U

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to say I am not at all convinced everything is peachy in Chicagoland because they kicked the crap out of St. Louis. The Rams got 0 sacks and little pressure on Grossman which is the one thing that has to happen to beat them.

I saw replay after replay from behind Grossman where he was set in the pocket with a clear throwing lane to the WR's. You get a completely different game from Rex when people get after him.

More of the same will come this week against the Buc's as they have not been able to pressure the QB all year. This still does not remedy the fact that the Bears do not have Harris or Brown and with a few other guys banged up are not the same team defensively.

We, on the other hand, have been inconsistant on defense getting pressure on the QB. IMO if we have a game where we do get in there we have a good chance to beat the Bears regardless of them going with starters or not. If we don't get QB pressure forget it. We won't win.

I feel good about going 7-9 with 8-8 a toss up.

correct me if im worng, when we had pressure on the bears grossman basiclly just threw it up for grabs or the ball was not near a reciver.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I was listening to a sports show and one thing was brought up...I cant verify it but this is what they guy said..

Rex played good cuz it was in a dome..no wind, no elements to battle...he said that he has noticed that if the weather is not perfect outside he struggles...

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No QB is great under pressure but some can handle it better than others. Grossman makes decisions under pressure he himself can't understand.

The Bears showed some weakness in the Rams game giving up 27 points which I think provides insight into what I am saying about the loss of Harris, Brown, etc,.

They will be suspect to the next team that get's pressure on Grossman cause their "D" is not healthy and their offense is terrible when Rexy gets chased around back there.

I do not think it will be the Bears representing the NFC in the SB. This is not because I hate the Bears or don't want them to do well. Just a black and white picture of what I see and the weaknesses of Grossman and their beat up "D".

I think Bears fans would have gotten much more encouragement from Grossman had he seen significant pressure from the Rams and had a good game. The reality of it is he will not have the luxury of standing back there come playoff time. Playoff teams go after the weaknesses of their opponents and are good enough to do what needs to be done.

Does anyone think Rex can put three games together against teams bent on chasing his tail off? I don't.

If the Pack has one of it's better games getting to him we have a chance without a doubt.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have a hell of a chance to finish 8-8, Lions have some good players and play good games but cant hold on to a win. Vikings had a lot of spark going into the season, they lost and it and now struggle to win. Bears if rest there starters (especially on defense) the packers will have a great chance to win and if not 7-9 not far from 8-8. Just think of the 3-12 vs the 13-2 seahawks of 05, Hawks rested starters green bay won.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that impresses me is even though we are out of it and the guys could of mailed it in after the Jets game it's nice to see them come back and show some pride. Even if others may say we become 8-8 by beating the worst teams or 2nd stringers to me what matters is that the players are still fighting. If they show that kind of heart we're looking good for next year. That's one area MM has to get credit for.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that impresses me is even though we are out of it and the guys could of mailed it in after the Jets game it's nice to see them come back and show some pride. Even if others may say we become 8-8 by beating the worst teams or 2nd stringers to me what matters is that the players are still fighting. If they show that kind of heart we're looking good for next year. That's one area MM has to get credit for.

The thing is, ten years from now, we'll see the 8-8 record and think it's an acceptable debut for MM. The details become irrelevant as time goes on, and what's left are the records and stats.

I'm hoping Favre goes out with a good season. Maybe the year after next (probably Favre's last), we'll be in the playoffs and might even win a playoff game or two.

Yeah, as you were saying, we could have given up after that beating from the Jets, but we kept fighting. I'll give MM credit for that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts