1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

49ers' Rick Jean--Pack interested???

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Mar 12, 2013.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
  2. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    McGinn has been out in left field lately, I wouldn't put much stock in this report. RJF also doesn't have the "length" that Trg is dying for like Canty did. I swear most of the FA linked to us are only dropping our name to smokescreen and trying to up their asking price because our FO won't confirm or deny anything. Which annoys me because it creates a buzz among malcontents in our fanbase, which in turn causes insurrection when the guy signs elsewhere.

3. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    I don't know much about the guy, how is he rated? Is he worth a damn?

4. texaspackerbacker

texaspackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    At least he's an experienced 3-4 lineman. From what I recall seeing him play, he showed a degree of toughness which the Packer D Line lacks, and he's only 26 years old. I think/hope the Packers do NOT shell out big money for that fat lump, B. J. Raji, so yeah, maybe better 2-3 million for this guy than 8-10 million to extend/re-sign Raji.

5. Marvin49

Marvin49 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    Hey guys...Niner fan....

RJF is a decent player...he just ain't Justin Smith. He can play every position in a 3-4.

It should be noted though that the 49ers are letting him walk because they want to upgrade the position behind Justin Smith.