4/01 (No Joke) Pkrjones' Mocks

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Played on Draft Network's Mock draft and made 3 different mocks thru round 5. This exercise proved that there are A LOT of good players to choose from in the top 4 rounds, and how the draft falls drastically changes my options in each version. Don't envy Gute, this was much harder than expected.

Pick# Mock #1------------------------- Mock #2----------------------------- Mock #3

22 Garrett Wilson WR, Ohio State --- George Karlaftis EDGE, Purdue ---- Chris Olave WR, Ohio State

28 Chris Olave WR, Ohio State ------ Lewis Cine S, Georgia -------------- Perrion Winfrey IDL, Okl

53 DeMarvin Leal IDL, Texas A&M --- George Pickens WR, Georgia ------ Bernhard Raimann OT, C MI

59 Josh Paschal EDGE, Kentucky ---- DeMarvin Leal IDL, Texas A&M ---- Cam Thomas EDGE, SD St

92 Jeremy Ruckert TE, Ohio State -- Alec Pierce WR, Cincinnati --------- Alec Pierce WR, Cincinnati

132 Jelani Woods TE, Virginia ------- Akayleb Evans CB, Missouri -------- Velus Jones Jr. WR, Tenn.

140 Akayleb Evans CB, Missouri ---- Max Mitchell OT, Louisiana ---------- Thayer Munford IOL, OSU

172 JT Woods S, Baylor ------------- JT Woods S, Baylor ------------------ Cole Turner TE, Nevada

I don't LOVE any of these, but overall I think #3 is the best (although no CB or S), although with the exception of 2 TE's #1 isn't bad, either. Constructive criticism welcome, I'll probably keep doing more for the next 28 days. ;)

Reaction score
I like #3 the best. It really covers our needs at WR, then OL, iDL, Edge and backs it up with Pierce, a personal favorite in Day 2.
(I could also see us grabbing a CB like King late in the game)

The only thing that would improve it from A- to A for me? would be add The Cavaliers TE, Woods also. (Charlottesville was my old stomping grounds, I lived an hour away, my wife’s first job was as a teacher in Cville, so I’ve literally got 25 yrs of my life in that area (flying there this Sunday to visit family)) I’ve got family roots in Richmond and surrounding (Spiders, VCU, VT, UVA) I would smooth write Gutey a commendations letter.

On a side note. I would like to offer that if we hit at OL? That player will get 95%+ of the snaps at his respective position. That’s immediate results, not a rotational type etc. If we find another Elgton type (even close?) it’s lights out!

Last edited:

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could be satisfied with all three but would probably prefer #1 the most. Excluding WR we're still in need of more pass-catching options IMO, both short and long-term.
Good chance Tonyan and Lewis are both gone next season. Deguara and Dafney aren't really legit receiving threats IMO. Either way you cut it...we definitely need WR help right now, but for me both now and in the very near future we'll wanna shore up our TEs too. I don't mind taking two here if the value is right.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Played on Draft Network's Mock draft and made 3 different mocks thru round 5. This exercise proved that there are A LOT of good players to choose from in the top 4 rounds, and how the draft falls drastically changes my options in each version. Don't envy Gute, this was much harder than expected.

Pick# Mock #1------------------------- Mock #2----------------------------- Mock #3

22 Garrett Wilson WR, Ohio State --- George Karlaftis EDGE, Purdue ---- Chris Olave WR, Ohio State

28 Chris Olave WR, Ohio State ------ Lewis Cine S, Georgia -------------- Perrion Winfrey IDL, Okl

53 DeMarvin Leal IDL, Texas A&M --- George Pickens WR, Georgia ------ Bernhard Raimann OT, C MI

59 Josh Paschal EDGE, Kentucky ---- DeMarvin Leal IDL, Texas A&M ---- Cam Thomas EDGE, SD St

92 Jeremy Ruckert TE, Ohio State -- Alec Pierce WR, Cincinnati --------- Alec Pierce WR, Cincinnati

132 Jelani Woods TE, Virginia ------- Akayleb Evans CB, Missouri -------- Velus Jones Jr. WR, Tenn.

140 Akayleb Evans CB, Missouri ---- Max Mitchell OT, Louisiana ---------- Thayer Munford IOL, OSU

172 JT Woods S, Baylor ------------- JT Woods S, Baylor ------------------ Cole Turner TE, Nevada

I don't LOVE any of these, but overall I think #3 is the best (although no CB or S), although with the exception of 2 TE's #1 isn't bad, either. Constructive criticism welcome, I'll probably keep doing more for the next 28 days. ;)
Question about these mock sites. When you sign up and start a draft as the Packers I'm assuming the algorithms or whatever they use to generate the non human picks (in these cases just the Packers) would be the same wouldn't they. Wouldn't that mean every time you got to #22 the same players would be available each time. Or do the players chosen by the other teams change with each draft. What stands out to me is that Karlaftis was available for you in your second draft. Was he also available in the other ones and you just chose different players.

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Question about these mock sites. When you sign up and start a draft as the Packers I'm assuming the algorithms or whatever they use to generate the non human picks (in these cases just the Packers) would be the same wouldn't they. Wouldn't that mean every time you got to #22 the same players would be available each time. Or do the players chosen by the other teams change with each draft. What stands out to me is that Karlaftis was available for you in your second draft. Was he also available in the other ones and you just chose different players.
Draft Network's earlier (than 22) were slightly randomized and different every try. Sometimes a couple of QB's went before 22, others only 0 or 1. Also, a couple of mocks we're very defense or WR heavy so results were different each time.

No sign up necessary!! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just did a few interactive Mocks. The only thing I didn’t like was the Board almost always selected 5 WR before Green Bay’s turn at #22. While that may not be accurate, the one thing I learned is it dropped a stellar Defender like Lloyd, Wyatt, Karlaftis. Davis, etc.. made me think.

I do NOT want to reach for a graded late Round 1—early Round 2 WR using #22, if that position gets fire hot early. I’d rather use #53 in some capacity that if we don’t get our WR very early? Trade up into top 35-45 area to firm that up with our 3rd selection.

I did not like the feeling of missing both #22 and #29 at Wideout. It’s forever to get to #53 after that and it got ugly fast.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft Network's earlier (than 22) we're slightly randomized and different every try. Sometimes a couple of QB's went before 22, others only 0 or 1. Also, a couple of mocks we're very defense or WR heavy so results were different each time.

No sign up necessary!! :)
Thanks. I have done these in the past. Not sure if it was the same site. Purely for my own curiosity since I hadn't heard of 95 percent of these players.

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My latest 7 round mock as Packer GM

1- London - Wr - US USC ( he was there- lol)
1- Wyatt - DL - Georgia
2- McBride - TE - Colorado St
2- Chenal - LB - Wisconsin ( homer pick but he is a stud )
3 - Cook - S - Cincy
4 - Diesch - OT- Arizona St
5 - Malone - Edge - W. Kentucky
7- Dunkle - OL - San Diego St
7- Nailor - WR - Michigan St
7 - Jones - DB Arizona St

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I'm just envisioning option #2... Karlaftis would be an excellent choice if he fell, and Safety is a position that really needs attention. Just the thought of the craziness of Packers fandom burning to the ground on Day 1, because their wasn't a WR picked, holy crap, there would be fans marching down Lombardi Avenue with pitch forks in hand. Then behold, the storm clouds open with them drafting Pickens with Pick #53 (Adams was Pick #53), and then adding Pierce in the 3rd Rd., making the moon and stars re-align, and all would be right and good in our Packers universe once again.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wilson won't be there at 22.
Pickens won't be there at 53.
Mitchell won't be there at 140.

I don't like Leal that early. Have to watch him some more, but he doesn't jump out at me as having huge upside.

I'd rather take a guy like Sam Williams there - but he likely will be gone by 53 as well.

I like Raimann and Thomas.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just envisioning option #2... Karlaftis would be an excellent choice if he fell, and Safety is a position that really needs attention. Just the thought of the craziness of Packers fandom burning to the ground on Day 1, because their wasn't a WR picked, holy crap, there would be fans marching down Lombardi Avenue with pitch forks in hand. Then behold, the storm clouds open with them drafting Pickens with Pick #53 (Adams was Pick #53), and then adding Pierce in the 3rd Rd., making the moon and stars re-align, and all would be right and good in our Packers universe once again.
Karloftis is on my "do not draft" list... I don't like edge guys who don't at least have the ability to win with speed.

Speed is not Karloftis' game. He's an all-around productive player, with sold technique and good strength.

He does most things well - but opposing NFL T's, if they don't have to account for the threat of speed, will just swallow him up.

I know everyone loves the guy, but I see him as more of a 3rd/4th rounder.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Karloftis is on my "do not draft" list... I don't like edge guys who don't at least have the ability to win with speed.

Speed is not Karloftis' game. He's an all-around productive player, with sold technique and good strength.

He does most things well - but opposing NFL T's, if they don't have to account for the threat of speed, will just swallow him up.

I know everyone loves the guy, but I see him as more of a 3rd/4th rounder.
I think he's certainly better than a 3rd/4th round type of guy but in general I'm also not nearly as high on him as many here. Overall body of work is not super exceptional for me...seemed to often show up vs weaker opponents and not so much against the better ones...

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilson won't be there at 22.
Pickens won't be there at 53.
Mitchell won't be there at 140.

I don't like Leal that early. Have to watch him some more, but he doesn't jump out at me as having huge upside.

I'd rather take a guy like Sam Williams there - but he likely will be gone by 53 as well.

I like Raimann and Thomas.
you're kind of at the mercy of the algorithms of the simulation. i've tried a few different ones and none of them rate the players the same. very inconsistent, just like all the draft sites. so while you may think wilson won't be there at 22 (i agree btw), some draft sites may disagree. i tried pff's model multiple times, and every time all the good wrs were gone before our pick at #22. i ended up almost being forced to take rainman with #22.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's weird. I guess it depends on who you consider good. I adjust the defaults going pff heavy over public and leave position value and needs about where they are and move random to zero. Burks is there at 28 and Pickens is there at 53 (which will never happen).

Reaction score
#22 London/Burks WR
#33 (Trade back) B. Raimann OT
#44 (trade up ) David Ojabo Edge
#59 Alec Pierce WR
#92 Leo Channal LB
#132 Tariq Castro-Fields CB
#140 Kerry Joseph S
#171 J. Woods TE

This is one I’d text Santa and tell him he can skip my house this year. I’m good.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hey PK who is George Karlaftis? I've seen his name somewhere, but not in any mock drafts? I hope Wilson or Olave are available at #22, I just doubt it. Even so, for one year, I hope the Packers stand pat. They have four selections in round 1 and 2. That's not gonna happen again and there are a lot of WRs.

BTW great job. You did a lotta work.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like #3 the best. It really covers our needs at WR, then OL, iDL, Edge and backs it up with Pierce, a personal favorite in Day 2.
(I could also see us grabbing a CB like King late in the game)

The only thing that would improve it from A- to A for me? would be add The Cavaliers TE, Woods also. (Charlottesville was my old stomping grounds, I lived an hour away, my wife’s first job was as a teacher in Cville, so I’ve literally got 25 yrs of my life in that area (flying there this Sunday to visit family)) I’ve got family roots in Richmond and surrounding (Spiders, VCU, VT, UVA) I would smooth write Gutey a commendations letter.

On a side note. I would like to offer that if we hit at OL? That player will get 95%+ of the snaps at his respective position. That’s immediate results, not a rotational type etc. If we find another Elgton type (even close?) it’s lights out!
Well said OldSchool. And yeah, we need one impact OL at any position. Jenkins will be back later, Bakh is still uncertain.

I agree a TE needs to be added, but with Tonyan coming back, where do you draft one. I don't know Woods. Is he a receiver or an in-line guy, or both. Also, has Ferguson from UW declared? Let's not miss on another home guy if we can avoid it. That said, I don't know how he stacks up.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could be satisfied with all three but would probably prefer #1 the most. Excluding WR we're still in need of more pass-catching options IMO, both short and long-term.
Good chance Tonyan and Lewis are both gone next season. Deguara and Dafney aren't really legit receiving threats IMO. Either way you cut it...we definitely need WR help right now, but for me both now and in the very near future we'll wanna shore up our TEs too. I don't mind taking two here if the value is right.
I agree - they have to take one TE, preferably the Tonyan type. Depending on the year Tony has, we should be able to keep him. But he's on a prove it deal. He started last year slow, by his standards, then tore his ACL. So he'll have to earn his contract.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#22 London/Burks WR
#33 (Trade back) B. Raimann OT
#44 (trade up ) David Ojabo Edge
#59 Alec Pierce WR
#92 Leo Channal LB
#132 Tariq Castro-Fields CB
#140 Kerry Joseph S
#171 J. Woods TE

This is one I’d text Santa and tell him he can skip my house this year. I’m good.
Yeah two good WRs in the first four picks. I think London is gone at #22 but who knows. Seems EVERY year there is a run on QBs in the top 15, mostly guys who don't deserve to be there. That could push some good WRs like London out. He's my first pick.
That's weird. I guess it depends on who you consider good. I adjust the defaults going pff heavy over public and leave position value and needs about where they are and move random to zero. Burks is there at 28 and Pickens is there at 53 (which will never happen).
I'd be ecstatic if they got Burks at 28 and Pickens at 53. That leaves two other high picks for iDL and OL.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey PK who is George Karlaftis? I've seen his name somewhere, but not in any mock drafts? I hope Wilson or Olave are available at #22, I just doubt it. Even so, for one year, I hope the Packers stand pat. They have four selections in round 1 and 2. That's not gonna happen again and there are a lot of WRs.

BTW great job. You did a lotta work.

Oh man George Karlaftis is a BEAST. He is an EDGE prospect with the build and ability to attack from OLB up, down and out or even reduce in if needed. He is one of two defenders with an outside chance to be there at 22 that I would struggle to pick anyone else over and that is he and Devonte Wyatt.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh man George Karlaftis is a BEAST. He is an EDGE prospect with the build and ability to attack from OLB up, down and out or even reduce in if needed. He is one of two defenders with an outside chance to be there at 22 that I would struggle to pick anyone else over and that is he and Devonte Wyatt.
Thanks Ty. I'll look him up. Maybe I just missed him. I'd be ok taking a sure thing at Edge at #22. As long as we get one WR in round 1 and one early in round 2.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Ty. I'll look him up. Maybe I just missed him. I'd be ok taking a sure thing at Edge at #22. As long as we get one WR in round 1 and one early in round 2.

He is the only Edge I have rated high enough to justify at 22 that actually has a shot of sliding to us IMO...unless a massive QB and WR run happens in which case I guess maybe Jermaine Johnson makes it to us but doubtful.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is the only Edge I have rated high enough to justify at 22 that actually has a shot of sliding to us IMO...unless a massive QB and WR run happens in which case I guess maybe Jermaine Johnson makes it to us but doubtful.
I just checked a mock that had him going to the Saints at #18 or #19. If they really like him, I guess it wouldn't take much to move up. Then I saw another mock that had him going to the Jets at #10. As always, a lot of these guys can slip if there's a run on QBs, and that usually happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts