29th pick.. Eric stokes db

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What other team in the NFL has the whole media superstructure filter every pick through the prism of whether or not it will please the starting QB??

Rodgers has a great supporting cast. The team needed a corner.

What is this ********?
I swear the goal of many posters is to make Rodgers happy and winning a SB is 2nd.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was a reach could have traded with Cleveland for bateman for only a 4th.

Maybe they tried and Cleveland said 'nah.. we're good' What was Gute supposed to do then? "No.. I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU to trade with me"

As for 'flipping the hips' pretty sure I could find something in the negatives for every NFL player ever drafted if googled stuff.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
In 2020, the Packers fielded a strong roster overall, but obviously not a perfect one. It had definite weaknesses. The biggest, easily, was at DB. Way beyond receiver. King and Sullivan are not full time players for a seriously contending defense.

So they take a corner and people still freak out that it’s not a receiver.

Reaction score
I have nothing against the player. He’s probably long gone by #62. I waffled on him in round 2 for a few weeks and then zapped him in favor of melifonwu.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
How ironic is it that posters are freaking out because he was supposedly a 2nd round prospect, while the receiver they wanted will end up going... in the 2nd round.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
In 2020, the Packers fielded a strong roster overall, but obviously not a perfect one. It had definite weaknesses. The biggest, easily, was at DB. Way beyond receiver. King and Sullivan are not full time players for a seriously contending defense.

So they take a corner and people still freak out that it’s not a receiver.
The screwup at the end of the 1st half was the biggest play in the NFCCG easily.

Bojack

"All pro DL , you sure the hell dont play like it"
Reaction score
Maybe they tried and Cleveland said 'nah.. we're good' What was Gute supposed to do then? "No.. I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU to trade with me"

As for 'flipping the hips' pretty sure I could find something in the negatives for every NFL player ever drafted if googled stuff.
We needed a corner but could have gotten one later. Stokes runs fast and has knack for finding the football but struggles to tackle. Sounds just like Jackson still waiting on those picks from Jackson. Gute has his guy with flashing lights saying yep taking that guy then 2 picks in front of him his guy goes. He did not trade up for Love last yr. We traded up for Akyu and niners jumped us we were going to take Bateman best route runner and hands in this wr class ravens took him and he **** the bed TT navigated draft alot better

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

He's allready moving up my favorite players list

Bojack

"All pro DL , you sure the hell dont play like it"
Reaction score
How ironic is it that posters are freaking out because he was supposedly a 2nd round prospect, while the receiver they wanted will end up going... in the 2nd round.
Packers had Bateman as thier best available wr. Rodgers and Moore are still very good recievers available but jags, and lions both could take recievers. So now you need to trade up and compete with them for those pics when you could have taken Moore now. Then trade up to like the 39-42 pic to get a corner that you dont need to start for a yr.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Packers had Bateman as thier best available wr. Rodgers and Moore are still very good recievers available but jags, and lions both could take recievers. So now you need to trade up and compete with them for those pics when you could have taken Moore now. Then trade up to like the 39-42 pic to get a corner that you dont need to start for a yr.

You also don’t need to start a receiver for a year. And receiver wasn’t near the problem that corner was. And the receiver class is deeper.

Reaction score
I think the only reason they felt 2nd round was his limited play time. 31 games total in college, which is basically 2.5 seasons. But he makes up for experience with raw athletic prowess.
He reminds me of Gary’s athletic upside counterpart, but at CB... both with a medium floor and very high ceiling. Crazy fast and jumps like a kangaroo (41.5 vertical)
Depending on how quickly he learns the nuances..,he’s our Sam Shields.

Last edited:

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh boy, I knew a lot of people would be unhappy with this pick, but as a Georgia fan, I am STOKED!

I never get to see my boys play in the green and gold. Having watched every game of his, the kid can flat out play. He's constantly near the ball, very sticky(sometimes too much), and can fly. Those saying he can't tackle might be watching different games. He's one of the better players coming out of a very stacked Georgia defense.

I'm a little surprised that we didn't go Samuel, but it's clear that we wanted length opposite of Alexander. I think they were high on Newsome and potentially Farley, but once they were off the board they went with their next lengthy corner with a high RAS score.

He may seem like a little bit of a reach, but there's no way I can be mad at this pick. Go Dawgs, and GO PACK GO!

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your missing the fact that they gave a pay rise to a tool of cb and then picked a cb, i for one would be less concerned about this pick had they not gave that idiot King money to come back. I would rather they have gambled at cb then waste money on a bad player and draft a cb in the first round.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score

Tony Pauline had Stokes at #44 on his board, in contrast, Asante Samuel Jr was #57, but so many wanted him in the 1st rd., wouldn't that have been a reach? Anyone who hasn't been listening or paying attention to RAS over 8.0 for Packers draft Picks and preferably over 9.0.... you were warned this is what they look for, and will probably draft. I'm a huge Moehrig fan, my favorite guy in this draft in fact... He along with Samuel both had a RAS score in the 7's. Saying we could have traded back or we over-drafted someone late in the 1st rd. is lazy... If a team likes someone, the difference between 25 and 65 in prospect rankings is actually really close, and every team ranks players differently. They probably have someone they are targeting in the 2nd rd, we needed a CB, we got one.... One more thing, what makes everyone think Elijah Moore should have been the WR pick? Where does his 5'9" profile fit in this administrations WR view? I think they may have taken Bateman over Stokes if he was still there....Why? because he's over 6 ft. tall. I do see us drafting a WR on day 2, maybe even trading up in the 2nd to get a guy they like, but if not oh well, there's definitely plenty of needs to be addressed like DT, OT, C and LB. WR is really deep in this draft, have patience.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pick is fine by me. Will be very fun to watch and fits the position I was most wanting on day 1. Really just checked thread to see all the "bUt he WAsn'T qUiTe tHaT hIGH on thE twO bIG BoarDs thaT I reAD, fIre GUTe!" posts. I was not disappointed. Between this and thd Rodgers thread, oooooof, my opinion of our average poster has suffered.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like the pick.. Kevin King was the reason why we lost the NFC Championship game. However this draft is more important that the 1st round pick. We need to actually get some WR help in the 2nd or 3rd round, if nothing else to help Jordan Love in the future

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Like the pick.. Kevin King was the reason why we lost the NFC Championship game. However this draft is more important that the 1st round pick. We need to actually get some WR help in the 2nd or 3rd round, if nothing else to help Jordan Love in the future

King was part of the reason, not "the" reason... there were plenty of missed opportunities and mistakes by a lot of players, not to mention the head coach and the DC.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
moore was available, could have figured a way to move up a bit to get someone better, bottom line is this team sat on its hands again instead figuring out a way to improve the offense just a touch. Always the future the future the future the future, the future is now and it looks ugly without Rodgers. That said, Love could turn out to be the miracle pick.

I am just frustrated with this team never going all in, I am frustrated with Aaron Rodgers believing he should be treated better than 7 time super bowl champion Tom Brady, I am frustrated with pretty much everything this front office does.

Anyway, I will get the sand out of my butt crack in awhile and get over it

You draft to improve your roster, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD FOLKS drafting a WR is not the only way to do this is.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your missing the fact that they gave a pay rise to a tool of cb and then picked a cb, i for one would be less concerned about this pick had they not gave that idiot King money to come back. I would rather they have gambled at cb then waste money on a bad player and draft a cb in the first round.

Your holding things against a pick that have nothing to do with the pick. Geesh folks, you choose to be unhappy purely by choice not by reasoning.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You draft to improve your roster, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD FOLKS drafting a WR is not the only way to do this is.
Apparently never the way to do it? Right? It is fine that you do like my thoughts on the matter but should not be shocking that some are in complete disagreement with this pick and completely sick of the Packers ignoring arguably the 2nd most important position in today’s NFL.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to be honest that I was salty at first. The board fell perfectly with guys like Moore, Jenkins, barmore and Bateman to a degree available for the Packers. Jenkins was my draft crush and just perfect fit imo.

The Stokes pick is funny because Stokes was a popular pick in february for the Packers. We went the full circle here. I like Stokes as a player because he has the athleticism, speed, size and ball skills to succeed in the NFL. He can fit basically every scheme in the NFL with his skill set and that makes him really attractive pick. Tackling is a weakness, which is tradition for Packers players lol. Packers also have a really good secondary coach so development can be real.

my guess is that King will start the first couple games and they ease Stokes into it. But having King/Stokes as the #3 outside guy already sounds sooo much better than JJ or Holmann.

The history of Packers drafting like 8 1st round DB in the last 9 years looks bad but Gutey seems to have a thing for it because he nailed Jaire and Savage. So I am gonna trust Gutey 100% with this.

Now, 2nd day is imo destined to be offense heavy. Many presumed 1st rounders fell into the 2nd and I fully expect the Packers to get aggressive in the 2nd and get their guy likely at WR or OT. ILB may have an outside chance today, same like DB. iDL seems like they should attack it at day 3 cuz there lies the sweet spot.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently never the way to do it? Right? It is fine that you do like my thoughts on the matter but should not be shocking that some are in complete disagreement with this pick and completely sick of the Packers ignoring arguably the 2nd most important position in today’s NFL.

If we had an immense need at the spot I get it. And to be fair everyone knows WR is on the list of needs but CB, OL and DL are so much greater of a need currently that having a guy there at 29 makes sense.

I'd not been mad one bit if I'd heard Elijah Moore or Marshall or even Nico Collins name called - I'd have gotten it, but dear lord I swear folks some of you have blinders up so high anymore...when Green Bay in my life time has had some pretty freaking awesome WR rooms. Last years was easily the worst and it still was part of one of the most efficient offenses in league history. I expect more growth out of them, and I honestly predict we draft one today in Day 2.

The hilarious thing is no matter what WR you or anyone wanted at 29 in the first, is still there and will be a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not surprised at all to see people hate the pick because it wasn't a WR, I am surprised to see they're surprised GB took a DB. As if it wasn't a position of great need heading into the draft, and a premium position at that. I don't know much about this guy. SOunds like a good pick. Had good play against players in or headed to NFL on day 1 this year. I'll have to spend some more time later today watching some stuff on him.