29th pick.. Eric stokes db

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just what we need...A PLAYER WHO DOES NOT HAVE GREAT OPEN FIELD TACKLING SKILLS...the incompetence of this front office reminds me of Tom Bratz....

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
C'mon people, let's hope this guy stokes the fire on our defense.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
We should all be happy as hell that the Packers aren't planning on being over reliant on Kevin King. Honestly isn't even a guarantee he makes the roster. Probably will at his number, but you never know.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King is so bad, Gute was basically forced to roll the dice on a cb who was the best remaining cb pick. He would've been gone by the end of the second round. The pick also signals that Josh Jackson is at best a backup and can be labeled a massive bust

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still though: 9 of last 10 first round picks for the Packers have been defense, the one exception being a quarterback that still hasn't seen the field. Curious historical approach.

I think I have a post somewhere floating around about this. It's kind of a positional value thing. In my opinion, the positions that warrant a 1st round pick are QB, CB, EDGE, OT, and Pass rushing DTs. There are always exceptions, of course, but hopefully you get the gist.

Most of those are defensive positions. Assuming a front office has a similar positional value chart, their pattern makes sense.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm surprised anyone is unhappy. Isn't this basically what everyone wanted last year? Take a guy expected to go in the range of our pick that fits a big need? What gives?

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised anyone is unhappy. Isn't this basically what everyone wanted last year? Take a guy expected to go in the range of our pick that fits a big need? What gives?

Basically everyone wanted a WR last year.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score

People are addicted to being angry and miserable.

Simms87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely love it when people scream “reach” after a draft pick. Like any of us or any of the media guys would have the slightest clue about the teams draft boards. It’s hilarious!

It might be a suprise to some of you, but if a player is not a 1st round draft pick in the mock drafts, he might still have a 1st rouns grade by all 32 NFL teams. If the media guys would be that good in evaluating talent, they would work for a team, just fyi.

I’m happy we drafted a CB and now hope our front office selected the right one.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think not getting a wide receiver, is pathetic, if Rodgers is gone, Adams is likely gone.

why spend 6.5million on King and draft his replacement by reaching in the first round, this team is about to find out how bad they are without HOF QB’s

What WR do you think we should have taken there instead?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/04/23/eric-stokes-potential-nfl-draft-steal-hiding-plain-sight

Interesting article.

I was hoping for Tevon Jenkins OT. Thought there is a bigger drop off in tackles than CB. But I do think CB was our biggest need.

There are some interesting metrics in the article and as they say, he was playing against some of the best WRs in college.

Jenkins being 23 years old may have factored. The Packers have avoided older prospects in the 1st round.

There were also rumors that Jenkins struck teams as being an odd guy, personality wise. Idk.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
What other team in the NFL has the whole media superstructure filter every pick through the prism of whether or not it will please the starting QB??

Rodgers has a great supporting cast. The team needed a corner.

What is this ********?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
NFL Network’s Peter Schrager has released his latest mock draft and is projecting the Pittsburgh Steelers to select Georgia cornerback Eric Stokes in the first round.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My initial emotional reaction was 'that seems like a reach'. After reading up on him. Not a reach.

Bojack

"All pro DL , you sure the hell dont play like it"
Reaction score
Was a reach could have traded with Cleveland for bateman for only a 4th. He is a second round guy why not trade down. He stuggles to flip those hips and break down to adjust to that double move. He wont scare any one he can't tackle. When is Gb going to be a physical team they always get beat up on. But hell i guess Deion couldn't tackle either so cross your fingers. We needed a Dt or Ot if we plan on beating 11 playoff teams this season.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A lot is rankings. He was graded as a 2nd round player. Jenkins the LT would have fit a need too and was ranked higher. However once Bateman went I didnt really want one of the wrs in the first. I like them later.

Some are acting like Stokes is all measurables but that isnt the case. This guy was first team all-american going up against top 10 draft picks multiple times a year. And his athleticism is elite. I know he has his issues with playing the ball, being to grabby, and tackling. That is why he was there at this point. If he did have even one of those issues he is probably gone before us.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What WR do you think we should have taken there instead?

moore was available, could have figured a way to move up a bit to get someone better, bottom line is this team sat on its hands again instead figuring out a way to improve the offense just a touch. Always the future the future the future the future, the future is now and it looks ugly without Rodgers. That said, Love could turn out to be the miracle pick.

I am just frustrated with this team never going all in, I am frustrated with Aaron Rodgers believing he should be treated better than 7 time super bowl champion Tom Brady, I am frustrated with pretty much everything this front office does.

Anyway, I will get the sand out of my butt crack in awhile and get over it