2024 draft discussion thread

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Boooooooooooooooooooo

lol
Hey, if I win the contest, I am fine with an asterix next to my name on the traveling trophy. As well as a downgrade on the grand prize. Instead of the Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita, I am fine with a Lamborghini Veneno.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's talk todays picks. Even though Hicks is still out there. Doubt he lasts to 126. I would not trade up for him at this point. Time for a CB. 1. Hart 2. Abe-Drain 3. Carson If they wait late rounders for me are K. Jackson, Brownlee, Brown, Sheppard. I couldn't find any testing for DJ James. I wouldn't complain if they got Hicks but there are later guys like Mustapha, Oladapo, Tay-Dem, Carlies, Hamptonb, Vaki, E. Williams.
time for round 5. Trade up candidates. C. Jones, Mahogany, Laumea, Booker, Taylor & Wingo. I obviously like the guys in my above post that have not been drafted yet.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, if I win the contest, I am fine with an asterix next to my name on the traveling trophy. As well as a downgrade on the grand prize. Instead of the Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita, I am fine with a Lamborghini Veneno.
Nope you win I'm sending the Amari Rodgers signed jersey and expect a picture of you in it while in a public place :)

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No telling what the new DC is envisioning for the defense but this sounds plausible.
The 4th round pick..Evan Williams is a second safety. Aggressive. And quick... But slow in the 40.

I'm not a fan of slower secondary under 6' unless they have substantial speed to make up for it. Williams is 5'11 200 and ran a 4.6-40 at combine. The combine doesn't measure football skills and attitude of course.... I am impressed with his 40.5" vertical and 10'6" broad jump. That reassures the idea he is quicker than fast.

Again..I'll have to trust Gute on this one.

But it doesn't look like they will be transitioning any LBs to safety unless injuries decimate a position.

This new scheme is kind of exciting to me personally. Looking forward to seeing these guys in action.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That physical freak RB Guerendo went to 49ers.... Which sucks. He would've looked good in green and gold. I'm super stoked about our RB corps this year though. Just still a little(lot) bitter about the playoff loss still.... Honestly I'm still pissed at the cowboys from the 90s. And Atlanta(vick) and eagles(4th 26) and 49ers (Kaepernick) and..... Well maybe I should name the teams I don't hold a grudge against. Lol. Its a shorter list. :)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 4th round pick..Evan Williams is a second safety. Aggressive. And quick... But slow in the 40.

I'm not a fan of slower secondary under 6' unless they have substantial speed to make up for it. Williams is 5'11 200 and ran a 4.6-40 at combine. The combine doesn't measure football skills and attitude of course.... I am impressed with his 40.5" vertical and 10'6" broad jump. That reassures the idea he is quicker than fast.

Again..I'll have to trust Gute on this one.

But it doesn't look like they will be transitioning any LBs to safety unless injuries decimate a position.

This new scheme is kind of exciting to me personally. Looking forward to seeing these guys in action.

Williams is a box safety type, you don’t need blazing speed out of a guy that is likely called on to be slot or box type positioning.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Nope you win I'm sending the Amari Rodgers signed jersey and expect a picture of you in it while in a public place :)
Well damn, if it is a photo in a public place, how can I make it sexy for you? :laugh:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they do not use 168 and or 190 from the trade to move up consider this. 168 could allow them to take a center a year early. If somebody like Limmer, Nourzad or Nugent were on the board. 190 could be a nice spot to take Sam Hartman.
I was half right.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
That physical freak RB Guerendo went to 49ers.... Which sucks. He would've looked good in green and gold. I'm super stoked about our RB corps this year though. Just still a little(lot) bitter about the playoff loss still.... Honestly I'm still pissed at the cowboys from the 90s. And Atlanta(vick) and eagles(4th 26) and 49ers (Kaepernick) and..... Well maybe I should name the teams I don't hold a grudge against. Lol. Its a shorter list. :)
Guerrendo is not a football player, he's a sprinter

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
More options to replace Myers this season or next. Another guy who might be able to play all over the OL.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all the hand wringing over "Gute's 3rd round", because I have done it too, does anyone know what the average "success" rate for a 3rd rounder in the NFL even is? The reason I ask is this, maybe Gute knows that the rate is rather low.
It's surprisingly hard to say for sure, because there's really no asolute criteria for what's a success. A guy who just makes the 53? Or a guy who sticks long enough to sign a 2nd contract? A starter? A solid rotational player? There just isn't a universal standard for that category, and you can find guesses at it all over the board.

Edit: but whatever the league average is, I think it's safe to say that so far, we're way under the curve.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Monk is a very athletic and quick first step arm technique guy that is as much guard as he is center.

Much prefer Limmer but Gute just shored up both iOLs spots for worst case depth and best case a guy that pushes for a spot.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This center we got Monk, looks really good. 6'3" 308. Started 58 games at all three positions. And team captain twice.... Pretty damn good. I'm happy.

I wanted the powers-Johnson, or that Frazier the Steelers got looks great too. From the 2nd round.... But this makes me feel better. Monk is a packer type, for sure. And a great value in the 5th imo