2024 draft discussion thread

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm trying not to be knee jerk here, but this business of the owning the 6th and 7th rounds ain't going to get it. You're passing on top players for guys are going to be special teams next year? I'm trying to withhold judgment here but this team plays it too safe. Come playoff time you're going to have second tier talent.
Not a knee jerk at all. Its a natural reaction in many ways. I think the way we need to look at it is that there were several guys left Gute has rated equally and he thinks one of them will be there at 45 so why not get more picks.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
****!!!! Jackson powers Johnson was my pick! Damn it. Every pick we had my favorite pick got snagged before our pick.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The board was falling in our favor. We had a shot at least five for the top players left at linebacker and secondary. But we'd rather own day three. Again, I'm not trying to be knee jerk here and I have total confidence in Gute. I don't mind if he blows a pic or a move now and then because I know he'll be bold when necessary without ******** up or being stupid about it. But sometimes I just got to shake my head

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just my thoughts.

Draft grades in general are silly, but if you're going to do them then they have to be given relative to draft capital.

Typically draft grades are just handed out based on teams taking or not taking the players that the media already liked. So in a sense, it's just an affirmation of the consensus board. Arnold fell 12-16 slots below expectation, but that doesn't prompt anyone in the media to say "maybe we missed something here." They just say "Detroit got a top 10 player at 24." What makes him a "top 10 player?" Simply media expectation. It's circular reasoning and it excludes the critical new data we received last night: the league collectively let Arnold fall to #24.

There are reports that the Lions also called the Packers about moving up for Arnold in case it didn't work with Dallas. GB wanted to stick and pick rather than risk losing Morgan. They expected Baltimore to take him if they had the chance or maybe move up to do so. At least that's what's indicated by the rumor. That would meant GB was never taking Arnold.

Morgan certainly didn't start climbing draft boards lately. He was just higher for a team like the Packers than he was in the media. Maybe he was higher for other teams as well. We can't really know for certain.

No one won or lost anything.
No matter who they were gonna take, they were going to run up to the podium with their next pick after Detroit moved ahead of them imho.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They got one of the two guys I wanted at linebacker. Now what about the secondary with Jean and Melton gone? I'm thinking depending how things go from here on out, go after Simmons.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the Cooper pick. I believe 2 things led to this. 1. TN did not take a LB. DeJean was taken at 40. They were no afraid that anyone between 42 and 44 would take a LB. Gute stole a late 5th and middle 6 IMO. Hopefully he uses one of them to move up at some point.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You figure New Orleans moved up four spots with those garbage picks. We could move up four or five spots, giving back those garbage pics to somebody.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My issue is where they were sitting coming in they could have had at least two and maybe three of the top guys with that they needed. Right now they've got maybe one.

Members online

Latest posts