2024 draft discussion thread

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that’s why we have threads like this. To debate it. I think I bring pretty good reasons why you shouldn’t stretch. We could have done much better here for the value of the pick. We needed a CB more than what we picked and where he was slotted. It’s just that simple. Just because he made a stretch pick as usual in the early rounds, doesn’t mean it’s right, cuz it ain’t

scheeler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which round to pick on him was the tough thing. Hard to predict but he was a Packer type through and through for sure.
Yeah, I thought the lack of agility testing would keep him out of round 1 - it's been a while since they picked someone without complete athletic testing, especially when the tests not done are critical for that position.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't lie either. I don't understand this.

I said all along, I trust Gute, and yield to his experience, his skills, and his demonstrated expertise. I absolutely meant that, and absolutely still do. I wouldn't criticize this pick even if I wanted to, because I don't know a fraction of what he knows. I am not even remotely qualified to judge or criticize.

But I do think I am qualified to be confused. And I now exercise my prerogative to wonder what the heck this was all about.

Well, we have 10 more picks - 91% of the draft remains. I have total faith many of those 10 picks will make much more sense, and we're coming out of this weekend with a much stronger team than we ended the season with. Even if it doesn't look tonight the way most of us hoped or expected.
Before the draft if you would have told me it was going to be Morgan, I would have said, ok I get it. The way the board fell makes me say, I don't get it. GPG.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before the draft if you would have told me it was going to be Morgan, I would have said, ok I get it. The way the board fell makes me say, I don't get it. GPG.
I totally agree at this point, but he's not done working yet. He doesn't draft one round at a time, he has a step by step plan for every slot at every round. He's not finished. Not necessarily even finished for Thursday night.

I guess all we can do at this point is wait and see what he does next. Let's remember, the man worked a bordeline miracle with the 2022 draft and a full blown miracle last year. I'm quite confident that there'll be at least a couple of points the next 2 days that have us all yelling "holy cow look what he did, the man is a jeenyus!!!!"

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well.. for 32 picks the rest of the NFL decided Copper DeJean is not worth a 1st round pick.

Having said that, I don't expect him to go past Buffalo at 33 tomorrow.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that’s why we have threads like this. To debate it. I think I bring pretty good reasons why you shouldn’t stretch. We could have done much better here for the value of the pick. We needed a CB more than what we picked and where he was slotted. It’s just that simple. Just because he made a stretch pick as usual in the early rounds, doesn’t mean it’s right, cuz it ain’t
And its a stretch pick because why? Because you say it is? What makes you think you know more than Gute?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, GB has pick #9 tomorrow. My board (which means absolutely NOTHING) needs at least 4 more WRs to go before then and I will be very happy. For those of you mathematically challenged that means there are 5 guys left that I really like. Good night all.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this rate I say we trade up and leave the second with Edgerrin Cooper and one of either DeJean, kool aid and Hicks
I seem to recall an instance where we went to bed after either day 1 or day 2 thinking we were getting a top 10 pick the next day and we ended up with the first pick. I looked back 5 years though and couldn't find it. Perhaps my memory is not what it used to be. Or perhaps my memory is not what it used to be.

Anyway, with 5 top 100 picks I really didn't want to see them trade #25 but I would be fine with some day 2 movement even if it meant losing one of the remaining 4.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I explained why. Pretty clear too. Also never said I knew more than him anywhere. Comprehension must not be your strong suit.
And it’s a stretch pick because why? Because you say it is? What makes you think you know more than Gute?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was surprised but I think it is a perfect pick. He can cover at least L tackle if we need it and he can play R guard probably right away. Still need more O line but this guy seems to give us real flexibility. I'm very happy with it.

Reaction score
One avenue here might just be that Gutey is thinking from a standpoint of more immediate Position Group betterment. If we’re going to go OT and you want early results? You’d better not wait until #88 or beyond to get a near immediate benefit at Tackle. Late Day 2 into Day 3 is great for a RB, LB, a Safety#2 etc.
Jordan Morgan 60% does not make it to our #41 pick imo. It’s a slight reach but next to QB arguably one of the best positions to reach on.

In the meantime he could serve as our RG

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or Caeden Wallace type...either fit their mold.
I am satisfied. We needed help at OL, LB, and CB. We will get it whether in the draft or through the market up until September. There are no more Bahk worries. I think Gute is adamant about blocking for our RBs and protecting Jordan in his youth.

Members online

No members online now.