2024 draft discussion thread

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Their 1st, a 3rd (25), 4th (25), 5th. Although initially had thought 2nd when I posted. Didn't look at point chart so.. maybe that isn't expensive. Initial gut seemed like a bit.
Mortgaging the future. Like to see that.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This keeps up, I could see a world where we trade back with Bills for them wanting a WR and we still get one of Mitchell, Arnold, DeJean, Wiggins if we want a DB...but there is still Edgerrin if they think he is legit...and some OL I'd justify too.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there's a run on CB's and Barten over the next 5 picks, Gute could be staring at Brian Thomas from LSU. That could be just wild if Gute nabs a WR in round 1. He looks like he's falling to the Packers.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pulling for DeJean. Which means he will be available and the Packers will take Hicks or some other guy I saw as a 2nd or 3rd round possibility.
Maybe Marshawn Kneeland. I had him pegged as a big reach for Gute in this draft. Kneeland reminds me of Lowry. A 4th round pick.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure who Buf would be afraid of taking a WR between them and the Packs pick. TB? Someone else trading up? SF or KC to get ahead of Buf?

Last edited:

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This keeps up, I could see a world where we trade back with Bills for them wanting a WR and we still get one of Mitchell, Arnold, DeJean, Wiggins if we want a DB...but there is still Edgerrin if they think he is legit...and some OL I'd justify too.
Yeah; this is looking better and better.

I'm not saying we should do it, but the way it's lining up, it may be a tempting time to drop back into the 2nd or even later 1st. There are going to be a number of players still available at 25 to us that we did not expect to be there, so that's good, but that also means there are going to be some players at #28 or #30 or #34 that Gute had ranked more highly. And if someone wants to throw us a mid-70s pick and give us a chance to drop back and pick up an extra early 2nd round talent, that's historically a Gutekunst deal. He may go for that.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure who Buf would be afraid of taking a WR between them and the Packs pick. TB? Someone else trading up?
Carolina trading up could have them thinking...Tampa i'd say is maybe low percentage as well. KC could for sure be looking to add someone and they don't want that but who knows...

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you wanted a DB you have to enjoy what has happened so far. Looking ahead to 41 I would really like to see a run on WR start soon. BUF-SF-KC to end round 1 would be a nice start.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The top 3 CB's and Barton are all still on the board. Unless Gute does something stupid, a really good player is going to fall to the Packers at pick no. 25. If he bypasses one of those players to take Guyton or a LB, I'd be royally pissed.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It isn't really a fall for a safety type prospect. I'll embrace it but Arnold and Mitchell both dramatically better prospects....BUT if Gute wants a safety type role you gotta go DeJean
Exactly. Perfectly stated. Of the remaining teams, it's quite possible that we specifically need DeJean more than the other teams do; that they need a pure corner more than we need a top safety prospect.

I reckon we're about to find out whether we guessed right....

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The top 3 CB's and Barton are all still on the board. Unless Gute does something stupid, a really good player is going to fall to the Packers at pick no. 25. If he bypasses one of those players to take Guyton or a LB, I'd be royally pissed.
You are going to be royally pissed more than once this weekend so why not get it out of the way now?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts