2023 round 3 pick #78: Tucker Kraft TE

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say this.

I was high on Darnell Washington, the Steelers took him in the 3rd round with the 93rd pick of the draft. It's early, but so far I am glad that the Packers passed. So far, he has played on offense for 181 snaps, has been targeted 3 times and only has caught 1 pass for 10 yards.

Granted, the Steelers seem to be using him more as a 6th OL player, but 3 targets on that many snaps? He should get more opportunities now that Freiermuth has been placed on IR.

I guess the flipside of it for the Packers, they picked Tucker Kraft ahead of Washington (Round 3, Pick #78) and the guy has been virtually invisible for the Packers. He's played in all 6 games (93 offensive snaps) and only has 2 catches on 2 targets for 5 yards. With Musgrave out, maybe his role will be stepped up?
Indeed it will!
Prime example of how 'letting it play out' with a rookie so to speak may end up paying dividends in the right environment and situation role-wise

Ending up w/ 30+ recs 255 yds & a pair of tuds
(plus another 5 recs & a tud in the playoffs)
paired alongside solid run-blocking/pass pro as a mostly inline-Y ain't bad at all, especially considering we gave PT to another rookie at the position who had some production as well

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Whats more interesting is it seems Tucker offensive involvement correlates with the Packers improved winning! *Observes suspiciously* "It's all connected..."

I think a lot of things started clicking midseason and I would say a lot more of that had to do with Love than Tucker. That said, I really like what I see from both TE's and the WR group. Couple that with Love and now Josh Jacobs and I get the excitement in Packerland!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Prime example of how 'letting it play out' with a rookie so to speak may end up paying dividends in the right environment and situation role-wise

Ending up w/ 30+ recs 255 yds & a pair of tuds
(plus another 5 recs & a tud in the playoffs)
paired alongside solid run-blocking/pass pro as a mostly inline-Y ain't bad at all, especially considering we gave PT to another rookie at the position who had some production as well
Honestly, I think the Packers are going to have one of the best TE tandems in Football by 2025. As long as they and Love stay healthy, the sky is the limit.

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of things started clicking midseason and I would say a lot more of that had to do with Love than Tucker. That said, I really like what I see from both TE's and the WR group. Couple that with Love and now Josh Jacobs and I get the excitement in Packerland!
I think it'll be electric. Especially if we can upgrade RG and possibly center. Offense should be nigh impossible to stop!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like Kraft alot. Would like him to stop jumping over would be tacklers so much though.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I think the Packers are going to have one of the best TE tandems in Football by 2025. As long as they and Love stay healthy, the sky is the limit.
Off the top of my head, I think they've already got one of the better tandems going into 24. Which teams do you think have better? I'm not sure how likely it is we'll see 1000 yards from any tight end in the near future, with all those wideouts sharing the same football, but these are two rock solid receivers. I'm excited about them.

Going back through this thread, it's funny to see how much love there was for Washington and how many people were suprised Gutekunst passed him up for both of these players. I just took a glance at Washington's stats (7 catches, 61 yards). I think Gute made the right call... again.

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love Theo or Sinnott to this room. If we did that this year we'll be set for a good while.

Members online

Latest posts