2022 Pick Jonathon Ford

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I think Jonathan Ford doesn't have his own thread. :( Nobody missed it, so there must not be a huge demand to discuss... he's a huge NT who'll probably end up on PS if shows promise.
Oversight corrected a week late. Hope he or his family didn't stumble on this board last week and get a bad opinion of us.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, as I've shared elsewhere it is rare a guy goes in the draft I wasn't at least name familiar with and could tell you position...but Ford was one such guy. Adaquate NT play from an otherwise insufficient athlete. I hope he proves me wrong but I'm not even sure he is kept on special teams, BUT they don't make guys his size and he shows fairly adaquate anchoring, we shall see.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I follow Miami football fairly closely.

I was very surprised he got drafted. He’s not an NFL player imo. Very big, very mediocre.

Reaction score
I follow Miami football fairly closely.

I was very surprised he got drafted. He’s not an NFL player imo. Very big, very mediocre.
My guess is He’s not going to be involved as a Starter. I suspect they were looking at his experience on ST and want a Space eater. He might not be fast, but he’s an absolute load to move. He said he floats around 340lb by his own admission, I think I remember 338-342 is where he’s floating (for lack of better terminology!) :eek:

PS development or maybe ST anchor there to provide a brick wall.

Members online

Latest posts