Quinnen Williams (Alabama, 2019)
Tank Johnson (Washington, 2004)
Francis Bah (Liberty, 2014)
Evander Hood (Mizzou, 2009)
Sebastian Joseph (Rutgers, 2018)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
well, now you have. but honestly, i'm more concerned about quay walker's wonderlic score of 9. unless you think it isn't important for linebackers either.

Im not interested in general in Wonderlic scores as a way to determine if guys are smart enough to play their roles in the NFL.

If they could read their keys and knew their assignments in college… if they demonstrated football IQ in interviews…

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a long list of guys with very high wonderlic scores that were nobodies, the list of low scores that were all pro players is is pretty small from what I can see.

Wonderlic scores are not the be all end all but intelligence matters more than people think. guys at 15 or below include, Julio Jones, Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss, Tory Holt, Randall Cuunninghame, Jim Kelly

That said high intelligence does not equate to a great football player. But can help.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
well, now you have. but honestly, i'm more concerned about quay walker's wonderlic score of 9. unless you think it isn't important for linebackers either.
Interesting. Georgia's admissions office must be "owned" by the football office or booster club. :)
Not exactly a shocking revelation, I know.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently Wyatt's arrest in 2020 resulted from an altercation with his live-in girlfriend. She locked him out of their apartment, and he kicked the door until it broke.

Gutekunst said last night that he never put his hands on anyone, and that's why they felt comfortable with his character. Also mentioned that they don't have patience for that sort of thing-- they evidently feel Wyatt has matured.
I wouldn't worry about him honestly. It sounds like a he said/she said thing in his 20s

Reaction score
I like he can kick down a door! Wow! :eek:

No, but seriously guys, let’s use common sense, if he wanted to hurt someone .. you don’t think they’d be hurt? ;) Do the math
I’m all about high character. But he’s been checked out and better to get that stuff behind you in College than reaching that pinnacle as a Packer.

That off field stuff behind us. I thought it funny that several scouts had completely opposite opinions on Walker. That to me speaks to 1 being completely wrong.
Also 3 separate Scouts said Wyatt was better than Davis. Jordan Davis was drafted at #13 overall and was actually the next Defensive player selected after Thibodeaux.
Do that calculus.

Also I never considered that one Scout thought Walker could play either OLB or ILB roles

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
some of you may find this article interesting. it's not so much an article as itis a collection of quotes from actual nfl scouts regarding our two first round picks (all quotes were made prior to the draft).

https://www.golongtd.com/p/what-the-scouts-say-about-packers?s=w
I've always loved to read these comments from scouts on different players.
I would love to know what these exact same guys said about Campbell, Clark, Gary and Alexander.
My all time favorite was about one AFC scout said about Scott Tolzien. It was both very bad and very good. Makes me wish Tolzien had a position on our coaching staff.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Reaction score
Devonte (notice spelling isn't the same as our old WR) was the first 1st rounder to sign his contract.

4-year, fully guaranteed deal worth $12.86M with a $6.533M signing bonus.

Well.. That’s a nice bonus
It’s good to be the King!
(Hearing Mel Brooks in my mind)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Im not interested in general in Wonderlic scores as a way to determine if guys are smart enough to play their roles in the NFL.

If they could read their keys and knew their assignments in college… if they demonstrated football IQ in interviews…
Yes and this. Intelligence was actually one of Wyatt’s strengths. He was said to have “really good football intelligence” pre draft. It’s partly why he’s so versatile also, he’s known to play at a high level all across that DL. It takes some solid football acumen to move around with no dropoff in play.

I jumped back in this cold thread because I was reviewing pre draft scouting on him. If I recall, Walter was the only reputable site that pinned Wyatt outside a Round 1-2 selection. They had him opening Round 3 at #70 overall.
However Wyatt was more accurately viewed as a consensus #29 overall prospect across a good sample of scouts. Where does he go?
#28 overall.

You know when you have a good player when one of his knocks/weakness is that they expected more sack production after seeing him setting up a campfire and living in the backfields’ of opponents. That’s bordering on a compliment

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts