2022 NFL Live Draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crystal ball?

Lets bet. The gb wr wont be worse wr group..

How do we set the parameters?

Use wr, te and rb stats?

And if they are you admit you know nothing a out nfl?

If they are ill admit I know even less?

I’m judging based off of reality NOW. I’m not assuming Gute trades for McClaurin. Obviously if i assume the best and pretend things will happen in the future thenthat would change my opinion.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out if you are being intentionally obtuse… or if you truly don’t understand…that his original statement.. you know the one that you keep quoting only part of ... had a point. Go back to my corn flake example if you are really missing the point … although I find that hard to believe. For the record … we all know that Rodgers had back to back MVPs … His CLAIM was that drafting love was the cause. That was and is an opinion… this really isn’t that hard… and I’ve said all I care to about it at this point.
It was the cause

He was on decline...FOR RODGERS STATS..decline

Ive said it many time... Sub consciousnessly It affected him.

He went back and saw how he played before. He adjusted.

I am firmly in the camp if no love rodgers doesnt win back to back

Prove me wrong

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair, probably only 2 out of the 6 WRs selected so far in the 1st will pan out to anything.....

Looks like we can go 2nd round WR, FA vet WR like Julio, AJ, Fuller, Sanders, etc

Defense wins championships
I don't know, they haven't even tried reaching out to any of those FA. I honestly think that you are mostly right about those receivers, but we lost a lot at WR, I want to see some movement there.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unofficially 8 people had Wyatt and 1 had Walker in the Amish contest.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was the cause

Prove me wrong
See my response to Spanky… I don’t need to prove you wrong … First you are stating opinions and couching them as facts, second, you are the one making a claim you are the one that needs to prove it. Third even Spanky seems to understand that these are opinions and can’t be proven.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR came downstairs on Christmas and found a sweater and pair of socks under the tree.

No toys for you Aaron!

Reaction score
The Secondary is maybe the best in football. ILB is the best in many years with Campbell and now Walker. Gute added Reed and now Wyat to help out Clark. I'm "Stoked" about this defense!!! Tired about reading about wide receivers. Packers can run the ball and play defense. WR isn't that important.
This is one of the deeper WR classes. 2020 was a good one at the top, but this one not only rivals it, as far as depth it surpassed it.

There will be near 18-20 WR selected before Day 3. Imo We will still select a top 10 version.

Plus I predict we sign a really good TE

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
See my response to Spanky… I don’t need to prove you wrong … First you are stating opinions and couching them as facts, second, you are the one making a claim you are the one that needs to prove it. Third even Spanky seems to understand that these are opinions and can’t be proven.
Ive said it was my opinion few posts ago

rrudolph

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know many fans are disappointed we didn’t get a WR with one of the first two picks but they top WR prospects were all gone. I’m confident Gutie attempted to trade up but the sellers wanted too much draft capital. The two Georgia boys will make our defense better. Hopefully we get a WR sleeper in the second round. Im disappointed we haven’t traded Jordan Love. Maybe we can steal another second round pick for him and use it for the next Jordy Nelson? That would be a gift.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the plus side Gutey has plenty of extra picks to move up in the 2nd if there's still a WR on the board he likes.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EVERY player starts as a rookie. At some point you need to draft one.
Agreed. They need someone, period. And AR threw to rookie WR almost EVERY SEASON, hell, he threw to Amari last year, he looks bad. If a player is open, get him the ball.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
The defense is going to wreck havoc this year. Did I want a first round WR? Yes. Did I want a first round OT? Yes. But man, that defensive roster is electric. Take the WR and OT in the second. Then use the rest of the draft and take special teams players. Oh yeah, Walker is going to be an immediate impact player on ST as well.

lil dicky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was the cause

Prove me wrong

No one can possibly prove this wrong. Just like likewise you cant say Rodgers still wins back to back MVPs if we take maybe Tee Higgins.

I personally believe Rodgers struggled under MM because his scheme was bad. I think he struggled year one under Lafleur because a new scheme. Historically the Shannahan system struggles year one or two everywhere it has gone and booms moving forward. Offenses take time even for the best QBs. Instead of the Packers even taking te time to build around an already good QB they were ready to cast him off and ultimately set us back a season in roster management.

I think at this point just based off of what we have gotten out of Jordan Love, considering he cost us a 1st and a 4th, it was a bad pick. Not only have we gotten minimal impact in terms of quantity of play but also quality of play. Both of those cannot be proven wrong regardless of circumstance.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schrodinger's Pick. Aaron Rodger's is simultaneously a MVP QB and a washed up QB. It is only until you pick Jordan Love that you find out the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.