2022 NFL Live Draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starting to really regret giving away both our second round picks... so much talent here and a lot of time before our next pick. We'll see.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Wow, another WR run in the 2nd round. Not many stars left by 59, it's a good thing Gute moved up.
Yup and no way Watson is there at 53. I would say the only negative was they gave up a lot to the Vikings to get him. Sounds like from a Packer podcast, they tried to trade back into the first last night with the Vikings to get him. Probably the same offer at 32 and Vikings slept on it and called Gute back with the 34th offer.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like from a Packer podcast, they tried to trade back into the first last night with the Vikings to get him. Probably the same offer at 32 and Vikings slept on it and called Gute back with the 34th offer.

"OMG, Aaron said they told him 6 WR's with 1st round grades. If this is true, then they had 7. Management clearly is still not being truthful with Aaron even after the last 2 years."

This will be written by Florio sometime in the next 12 hours...

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"OMG, Aaron said they told him 6 WR's with 1st round grades. If this is true, then they had 7. Management clearly is still not being truthful with Aaron even after the last 2 years.
They may not have had a 1st round grade on Watson but that doesn't mean they wouldn't have used #32 on him.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"OMG, Aaron said they told him 6 WR's with 1st round grades. If this is true, then they had 7. Management clearly is still not being truthful with Aaron even after the last 2 years."

What are you talking about.

Just because they told him they had 6 rated first round WR and then after seeing the early run on WRrs decided to try and trade up back up to first and grab a second round rated WR on there board doesn't mean they lied to him.

It means they tried and or acted based on developing situation.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are you talking about.

Just because they told him they had 6 rated first round WR and then after seeing the early run on WRrs decided to try and trade up back up to first and grab a second round rated WR on there board doesn't mean they lied to him.

Guys.... it was a joke based on the fact that Florio loves to find any angle to write about Rodgers.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Maybe the Packers didn't have first round grades on 1 that another team picked? ;)

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did we get anything else for our 2 second rounders ??

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, my point was that nobody should put any faith into Rodger's ability to scout rookie prospects and he was either just supporting Gute (a good thing) or he actually spoke with Gute and they had a conversation about having to pass on receivers (a better thing). Either way, I just have my doubts that Rodgers was ever going to say anything inflammatory after what happened last season.
I agree 100 percent on him scouting.

As far as inflamatory. You could be right

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Swapping 3rd round picks with minny would still give them a better deal points wise but I like the pick

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It’s funny, because it’s true

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking a couple of O line run blockers next. I want to see some holes open up. No more one dimensional pass protectors for me thanx.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup and no way Watson is there at 53. I would say the only negative was they gave up a lot to the Vikings to get him. Sounds like from a Packer podcast, they tried to trade back into the first last night with the Vikings to get him. Probably the same offer at 32 and Vikings slept on it and called Gute back with the 34th offer.
Agreed to both. That’s what, 5 or 6 WRs that went before our original first pick of the day? Even if not Watson we probably would’ve needed to move up to some degree to get a decent option.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking a couple of O line run blockers next. I want to see some holes open up. No more one dimensional pass protectors for me thanx.

I’m praying a potential safety because we are dead there beyond this year and would be a blessing to not have Garvin be the only OLB after Smith and Gary essentially.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing a top 60 pick in the trade sucks from a building perspective….but Watson pans out could easily be justified

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kinda think Gute was feeling lucky how the 1st round turned out and didn't want to push it. Seems to have been right. It was a lot to give up but for those two 1st rounders we had to do it that way. imho

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did Nakobe Dean eat a puppy or something? I know Kiper wasn't happy that Walker was drafted before Dean, but obviously the Packers aren't alone in ranking Dean.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m sure they felt out a pick or 2 lower and got snubbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online