2022 Draft #34 Christian Watson

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed!

To a lesser degree, you also have Kraft, Dubose, Toure, and Heath still in the scheme of things.

We have a lot of talent and only need to develop along with our newish QB. I think our passing attack may be highly feared in a year or two.

I just don't see the timing and QB/WR familiarity at this point. It just doesn't look very polished at this point - which is understandable. At least this year. Sometimes I worry if MLF just isn't demanding enough from his players for 'the pursuit of perfection.'

This is why I am trending towards drafting an OT high in next draft. Another raw WR is going to take some time to develop. Excepting Harrison Jr., a stud OT will give Love some more times and help the run game, which will open things up downfield.
At this point, I agree. I wouldn't mind a bit if we chose 2 OL and 1 DL with our top 50 picks as long as the War room saw those as best players available. I don't want them reaching for specific players though.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed!

To a lesser degree, you also have Kraft, Dubose, Toure, and Heath still in the scheme of things.

We have a lot of talent and only need to develop along with our newish QB. I think our passing attack may be highly feared in a year or two.

I just don't see the timing and QB/WR familiarity at this point. It just doesn't look very polished at this point - which is understandable. At least this year. Sometimes I worry if MLF just isn't demanding enough from his players for 'the pursuit of perfection.'

This is why I am trending towards drafting an OT high in next draft. Another raw WR is going to take some time to develop. Excepting Harrison Jr., a stud OT will give Love some more times and help the run game, which will open things up downfield.

I understand the issue of Joe Barry blowing it, but I keep going back to Gute give me a starting caliber OT/OL, a starting safety, a starting or close EDGE or DL to help replace Smith or help with run defense with three of our first four picks and I feel VERY positive. All this could change however of course as season plays out...lot of games left.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think ALL of the young WR's & DB's would benefit from a daily dose of one-on-one jump ball throws at practice. Both players going for the Int/reception. Would teach both sides to use their bodies for positioning and aggressive hand catching.

In HS as basketball center my best friend (a guard) & I would play one-on-one after practice. He learned to body me & keep me away from the rebound & I learned better ball handling & spin moves.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Watson's family members lashing out on social media. Never ends well.
Yeah, not a good look.

Jordan Love has thrown for 13 touchdowns and five interceptions when targeting anyone else but Watson, and he has thrown for one touchdown and five interceptions when targeting him.

Some of that is on Love, but I would say a lot of it might be on Watson.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, uh oh Bill Michaels went bananas on Watson on Monday. Track guy, nothing more. Hmmm...he is young and needs more time to master his craft. Having a poor season, my hope is he robounds.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, not a good look.

Jordan Love has thrown for 13 touchdowns and five interceptions when targeting anyone else but Watson, and he has thrown for one touchdown and five interceptions when targeting him.

Seems to me Watson runs out of real estate on most of the interceptions and Love underthrows it. Love needs to get it out a half second sooner to hit him in stride while Watson has the ability to stretch away from the defender and not have to stop and wait for a jump ball. Or less air and more ropes.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Seems to me Watson runs out of real estate on most of the interceptions and Love underthrows it. Love needs to get it out a half second sooner to hit him in stride while Watson has the ability to stretch away from the defender and not have to stop and wait for a jump ball. Or less air and more ropes.
Give em' time, Rome wasn't built in...6 games...the # of games the 2 have played together.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Play calling too possibly. I think Watson is getting put into way too many contested catch type situations. That is just not something either Watson or Love are on the same page with so, staff should try to limit those type of situations right now.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, uh oh Bill Michaels went bananas on Watson on Monday. Track guy, nothing more. Hmmm...he is young and needs more time to master his craft. Having a poor season, my hope is he robounds.
If he rebounds does that make him a basketball guy? Asking for a friend.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts