2021 Packers schedule

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers should be favored in at least 14 games so I expect them to go, if Rodgers is the QB, at least 13-4 if healthy.
I think 13 wins is attainable but the North got a lot better this off-season. I could see a loss against each divisional opponent, plus 1 AFC team and another NFC team. 11-6 is my prediction with Rodgers and 9-8 with Love or Bortles.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I think 13 wins is attainable but the North got a lot better this off-season. I could see a loss against each divisional opponent, plus 1 AFC team and another NFC team. 11-6 is my prediction with Rodgers and 9-8 with Love or Bortles.

You truly believe having the league's MVP is only worth an extra two wins compared to having Love or Bortles starting??? That's crazy in my opinion.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You truly believe having the league's MVP is only worth an extra two wins compared to having Love or Bortles starting??? That's crazy in my opinion.
Yes...a handful of Rodgers blowouts will equate to a handful of close wins for Not Rodgers in my opinion. Plus there will be at least a couple games where running the ball will be paramount and I I've noticed Rodgers lacks patience in those games and those are the ones we tend to get destroyed on offense.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has missed all or most of 19 games with injuries. In those games the team is 6-12-1. Since he took over as a starter, the Packers are 126-61-1 with him. Without Rodgers, the Packers win less than 1/3 of their games, with him it's better than 2/3. Looks like he makes the difference in nearly every other win. That's the difference between last place and first place most seasons.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apples and Oranges. Both Bortles and Love are better than the guys who played when Rodgers was out. This coach is better than the previous coach, mostly as not being as QB dependent. This is a better all around roster. In the play-off hunt all year, 8-8 going into week 18.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Apples and Oranges. Both Bortles and Love are better than the guys who played when Rodgers was out. This coach is better than the previous coach, mostly as not being as QB dependent. This is a better all around roster. In the play-off hunt all year, 8-8 going into week 18.
While I agree that Bortles is a better option than Hundley or Kizer, I would be hesitant to say that Love is. He has yet to take an NFL snap, so he could very well be worse than both of those guys in his first year. I also agree/hope that the current MLF offense will function a bit better, without Rodgers than a McCarthy offense. All that said, I agree with Captain and a few others, without Rodgers, this team might win 6 games at best. With him, 12.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Yes...a handful of Rodgers blowouts will equate to a handful of close wins for Not Rodgers in my opinion. Plus there will be at least a couple games where running the ball will be paramount and I I've noticed Rodgers lacks patience in those games and those are the ones we tend to get destroyed on offense.

I'm absolutely convinced that having the MVP on your team results in more than an extra two wins. Just take a look around the league and watch how many teams struggle to even find adequate quarterback performance.

In addition the Packers won't be as successful running the ball with a less talented quarterback behind center with teams being able to stack the box either.

Blake Bortles has a career record of 24-49 with Love not having taken a snap in the league. There's no evidence for either of them being better than any other backup of Rodgers who has played for the team before.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, with the season just about here, I'm going to take a stab at game by game predictions:

Week 1 - @ NO (W) 34-20 Well, Jameis Winston is their guy, and Michael Thomas will not be back for this one. I think Payton will pull as many tricks as he can to try and give his guys a shot at winning, but in the end we got the deeper roster.

Week 2 - DET (W) 38-10 I don't see an outcome any better for Detroit this year than what we did to them last year, especially not with a worse QB and a HC who's probably no better than his predecessor.

Week 3 - @ SF (L) 24-17 This is going to be the first tough one we got on our plates. While we're not facing the exact 2019 49ers who no longer have Kendrick Bourne and Marquise Goodwin on offense, or DeForest Buckner and Kwon Alexander on defense, Garropolo, Mostert, Kittle, Bosa, and a few others are back and they will be a tough out once again.

Week 4 - PIT (W) 31-23 Interesting fact here, the Packers have not beaten the Steelers in the regular season since 1995, yet that phenomenon is also easily explained by the fact that the Steelers haven't faced Rodgers since Superbowl XLV, and last played against him in the regular season in 2009. They will not be lucky enough to avoid that this year and they will suffer the wrath for it.

Week 5 - @ CIN (W) 41-21 We struggled in the past against these guys when Marvin Lewis was the coach. So far they been a hot mess under Zac Taylor, and while Joe Burrow might become a decent QB in the future, the Cincy defense is a sieve.

Week 6 - @ CHI (W) 27-20 I predict in this game, we get out to a 24-3 lead while Andy Dalton stinks it up. He gets benched and Justin Fields comes in, surprises us for a while and leads a bit of a comeback but gets stopped short by our defense.

Week 7 - WAS (W) 35-10 Why does that old dumb Santa Fitzbeard dude keep getting jobs in this league? No Fitzmagic left in this joker period, and he'd better just get in his sleigh and retire off to the north pole now as we're going to embarrass his team in this one.

Week 8 - @ ARZ (W) 34-31 Gonna be a close hard fought one here, especially with a short practice week injuries potentially slowing us down some by now. Kyler Murray and company certainly will give the defense a lot to handle, but I think our guy Matt LaFleur will outcoach his counterpart in Kingsbury. We owe these red birds one after 2009, 2015 and 2018.

Week 9 - @ KC (L) 37-27 Ugh, of all the 17th opponent games we had to draw it just had to be KC. Could be a fun one to watch regardless, but safe to bet Mahomes will be playing this time, and I just don't think we're beating him on his home turf.

Week 10 - SEA (W) 30-22 Our sort of unofficial non division rivals of the last 9 years. Russell Wilson is still winless here in Green Bay, and I think we keep it that way.

Week 11 - @ MIN (L) 27-24 I just can't quite see us going this season without splitting the series with Minny. Feel like this one will be close but just won't quite go our way.

Week 12 - LAR (W) 35-31 Think we'll need to win a shootout here, an event that has been commonly witnessed between Rodgers and Stafford. Should be interesting indeed.

Week 13 - BYE

Week 14 - CHI (W) 20-13 After a much needed bye week, think we see a bit of the traditional type of Packers-Bears game. This will now make the 16th year in a row the Packers and Bears will be featured in at least one prime time game in a season.

Week 15 - @ BAL (L) 33-20 Got a feeling we're going to have our hands a little full with both Lamar Jackson and the Ravens defense.

Week 16 - CLE (W) 38-24 I think this will be a close game, perhaps even tied going into the 4th quarter. But I think we close it out strong to give the Lambeau faithful their Christmas present.

Week 17 - MIN (W) 42-14 This one I got a feeling will be us taking it to the vikes and taking no prisoners while we're at it

Week 18 - @ DET (L) 28-27 these season finale games at Detroit always seem to turn out kinda rough for us. But it's also possible we come into this game with playoff seeding already set and bench our starters at halftime.

Reaction score
Did he state that Love would play all contests? I didn’t see that

Matt Flynn, Seneca Wallace, Brett Hundley, etc.. which of them played every last game?

Wouldn’t it far more probable that the final record is a combination of those QB’s? It stands to reason we don’t start this season with Love under Center. That’s be my guess anyway. In that case @G0P4ckG0 guessing 9-8 isn’t a stretch at all.
That’s probably a very good guess if Love plays 6 contests and Rodgers started 6-2 etc..

Last edited:

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, with the season just about here, I'm going to take a stab at game by game predictions:

Week 1 - @ NO (W) 34-20 Well, Jameis Winston is their guy, and Michael Thomas will not be back for this one. I think Payton will pull as many tricks as he can to try and give his guys a shot at winning, but in the end we got the deeper roster.

Week 2 - DET (W) 38-10 I don't see an outcome any better for Detroit this year than what we did to them last year, especially not with a worse QB and a HC who's probably no better than his predecessor.

Week 3 - @ SF (L) 24-17 This is going to be the first tough one we got on our plates. While we're not facing the exact 2019 49ers who no longer have Kendrick Bourne and Marquise Goodwin on offense, or DeForest Buckner and Kwon Alexander on defense, Garropolo, Mostert, Kittle, Bosa, and a few others are back and they will be a tough out once again.

Week 4 - PIT (W) 31-23 Interesting fact here, the Packers have not beaten the Steelers in the regular season since 1995, yet that phenomenon is also easily explained by the fact that the Steelers haven't faced Rodgers since Superbowl XLV, and last played against him in the regular season in 2009. They will not be lucky enough to avoid that this year and they will suffer the wrath for it.

Week 5 - @ CIN (W) 41-21 We struggled in the past against these guys when Marvin Lewis was the coach. So far they been a hot mess under Zac Taylor, and while Joe Burrow might become a decent QB in the future, the Cincy defense is a sieve.

Week 6 - @ CHI (W) 27-20 I predict in this game, we get out to a 24-3 lead while Andy Dalton stinks it up. He gets benched and Justin Fields comes in, surprises us for a while and leads a bit of a comeback but gets stopped short by our defense.

Week 7 - WAS (W) 35-10 Why does that old dumb Santa Fitzbeard dude keep getting jobs in this league? No Fitzmagic left in this joker period, and he'd better just get in his sleigh and retire off to the north pole now as we're going to embarrass his team in this one.

Week 8 - @ ARZ (W) 34-31 Gonna be a close hard fought one here, especially with a short practice week injuries potentially slowing us down some by now. Kyler Murray and company certainly will give the defense a lot to handle, but I think our guy Matt LaFleur will outcoach his counterpart in Kingsbury. We owe these red birds one after 2009, 2015 and 2018.

Week 9 - @ KC (L) 37-27 Ugh, of all the 17th opponent games we had to draw it just had to be KC. Could be a fun one to watch regardless, but safe to bet Mahomes will be playing this time, and I just don't think we're beating him on his home turf.

Week 10 - SEA (W) 30-22 Our sort of unofficial non division rivals of the last 9 years. Russell Wilson is still winless here in Green Bay, and I think we keep it that way.

Week 11 - @ MIN (L) 27-24 I just can't quite see us going this season without splitting the series with Minny. Feel like this one will be close but just won't quite go our way.

Week 12 - LAR (W) 35-31 Think we'll need to win a shootout here, an event that has been commonly witnessed between Rodgers and Stafford. Should be interesting indeed.

Week 13 - BYE

Week 14 - CHI (W) 20-13 After a much needed bye week, think we see a bit of the traditional type of Packers-Bears game. This will now make the 16th year in a row the Packers and Bears will be featured in at least one prime time game in a season.

Week 15 - @ BAL (L) 33-20 Got a feeling we're going to have our hands a little full with both Lamar Jackson and the Ravens defense.

Week 16 - CLE (W) 38-24 I think this will be a close game, perhaps even tied going into the 4th quarter. But I think we close it out strong to give the Lambeau faithful their Christmas present.

Week 17 - MIN (W) 42-14 This one I got a feeling will be us taking it to the vikes and taking no prisoners while we're at it

Week 18 - @ DET (L) 28-27 these season finale games at Detroit always seem to turn out kinda rough for us. But it's also possible we come into this game with playoff seeding already set and bench our starters at halftime.
i can't argue with those predictions. but i do find it hard to believe we would lose games to the vikings and lions. even if the playoff seedings are set i could see us playing love at qb and still winning that final game.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i can't argue with those predictions. but i do find it hard to believe we would lose games to the vikings and lions. even if the playoff seedings are set i could see us playing love at qb and still winning that final game.
I agree with you but the problem with interdivision games is that you just don't know. Anything can happen. That is one reason why I love the NFL setup. Baseball ruined that and there were some great rivalries that just don't mean much anymore. imho Some newer fans don't really understand the value of the rivalry or the value of divisions. And owners seem to only care about the dough. But the NFL has held strong so far.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, consider this. While the Vikings won't win the division (with a healthy Rodgers), as we saw last year and in previous seasons, they do tend to be the one divisional opponent that's a matchup problem for us, and a split is usually what happens with our teams. They have most their offensive talent returning and expect their defense to be improved this season enough to sneak in as a wildcard at 7th seed. At least count on them finishing ahead of the no offense garbage Dalton Bears team.

Yeah we still might be able to beat Detroit even with Love, but in Detroit even in their bad years there's just no telling what could happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts