2021 Intriguing Draft Prospects

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread specifically for prospects so I thought I make one as I watch the Senior Bowl + tapes, will keep this updated as practice/game tapes are released. Let me know your prospects or others I should look out for.
  • Austin Watkins JR. - WR from UAB catches my eye. 6'1"-6'2", 200lbs. Similar physical build/mold as Davante Adams coming out of college (not saying he's the next D.Adams). Not shifty, or fast, but very physical WR and great hands (caught every ball thrown to him except uncatchable/overthrown ones) -- intriguing prospect.
  • Cade Johnson -- small school WR from South Dakota State. 5'10" - 186lb. straight up NASTY. Made DBs look silly, breaking ankles then catches the ball with one hand. Repeats similar. stock up^
  • D'Ante Smith -- 6'4" -- 294lb.
  • David Moore -- Grambling State Uni. OL. 6'1" 350lbs.. Definitely playing Guard or Center in NFL. He just stonewalled everyone.
    • Other OLs to watch: Alaric Jackson & Drake Jackson
  • Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - LB- Notre Dame- 6'2" - 215 - FAST and can cover. Many missed tackles and whiffs. Poor block disengagement or slip blocks. Needs to add a lot of strength. Reminds me of Akeem Davis-Gaither. Some have him as top LB.. I see him 3-5round.
  • Jabril Cox**
  • Tony Fields II - LB - 6,2"- 225. Arizona/West Virginia. Really reminds me of Devin Bush-. Similar buildish as Owusu but with tenacity and willingness to hit. Can easily pack on another 10lbs. I really see him flying up draft boards. Dont be shocked if Fields runs a 4.34 - 4.45. I love how he diagnosis plays and goes straight to work.. Easily moved into one of my top ILBs. I like :) Pro day - Tony ran 4.48-4.5
  • Cam McGrone - Michigian LB. 6'1" 230lbs.. Love the tenacity and speed. Big Fan.
  • Ar'Darius Washington - TCU - S - 5'8" - 180lb. Solid tackler. Explosive, rangy.

Prospects (I'm iffy about)
  • ***Kadarius Toney - WR - Florida- 5'11" - 190. Great Athlete and route runner. But damn, catch the ball. too many drops during senior bowl practice. Did not have many drops during the season unsure why hes dropping them during senior practice. May change.
  • QB Zach Wilson - scouts describe him as a rich spoiled-brat, a know-it-all(via WalterFootball; take this with a grain of salt). BYU students seem to echo that. On Twitter, he's often defending his character. Others say its a "hit" job on his draft stock. I know folks don't really care for WalterFootball, but WalterFootball tells it as it is per Red Flags (Charlie is probably the only WF guy I take seriously). But I understand the hype.
  • QB - Mac Jones -
  • QB - Justin Fields -

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not a JOK fan. He makes really good plays when he’s unblocked. Hard to evaluate those types.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quite a few discussions on DBs and WRs, but not just a whole collections. Most of those have happened up on the On to 2021 thread sticky...that said:

Massive ND fan and BIG Wusu fan, that said I don't think he fits us at all and Glee brings up valid point on very tough to gauge. He makes like 99.9% of the plays he is free to try, but is wiped out by skilled oppositions at times and does not win such cases often enough. IF he falls to our first pick, I think the fact he could be a home run you take the swing...but he will be gone for what he could very well be for someone...but IMO he's a gamble.

Toney just isn't the type of guy I think Gute wants to sped HIGH capital on, and he is trending to be gone by mid 2nd at worst case.

Cade is a guy we've discussed elsewhere, but is a guy along with Jalean Darden folks should be familiar with. Short at 5'10', not a high speed guy, but very quick and slippery guy with the ball. Uses body position better than most do, which is crucial given his size. All of his highlights are via lower level competition, but he would come in compete for PR/KR return immediately in my opinion possibly, and could grow into a slot type guy, and also jet sweep packages.

David Moore is crossed off of my list to consider until middle of Day 3 or late given his short length. Has the frame and the experience but his length limits him quite a bit I believe at the next level and I prefer swing type guys.

Austin Watkins I grade as a 6th rounder, I like what he offers, but not in love. If you watch his tape, he does do a great job on contested balls, BUT why are so so many of his balls so contested?? Because he lacks the ability to set up breaks or release, essentially his inability to separate at the college level is incredibly concerning to me - I do see flashes though which is why I still like but I wouldn't touch him till late 5th at the earliest.

Wilson...I have spent next to no time looking at the top tier QBs since we grabbed Love last year...but I don't like Wilson nearly as much as some others. My list goes Lawrence, Lance, Wilson, Trask, Jones/Fields

I have D'Ante Smith as a priority UDFA/7th Rounder...very thin and undersized for a lineman but has performed very good against lower competition.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Profile for: Kenneth Gainwell - Memphis

As some remember the closer the draft got there were a few guys I loved last year - Antonio Gibson being one. Well enter Kenneth Gainwell for the 2021 draft as a Day 2 name everyone needs to know about and just know to smile should Green Bay call his name.

This cat is special. He is a little light for a running back, but let's discuss his route to now first. He was a QB in high school and chose Memphis - played a couple times his redshirt year without losing it, and then 2019 this cat EXPLODED. Here's what some of us were saying last year that loved Antonio Gibson - that 2019 season here were their two statlines:

Antonio Gibson
33 Rushes for 369 yards and 4 TDs
38 Receptions for 735 yards and 8 TDs

Kenneth Gainwell
231 Rushes for 1,459 yards and 13 TDs
51 Receptions for 610 yards and 3 TDs

So while Kenneth I think needs to get closer to that 200lb mark, his running style and change of pace pairing with Dillon and maybe Wiliams would be insane....throw in his ability to be comfortable and with crisp route running out of the slot makes him an insanely versatile piece I'd argue is better than Gibson - who had a heck of a rookie campaign on a bad-ish team.

Opting out of 2020 makes his stuff not as fresh, and honestly I think had he played in 2020, there is a good chance we are talking about potentially being the 3rd RB off the board behind Harris and Etienne.

A Gainwell type pick on Day 2 would arguably do and provide Rodgers with a better weapon to attack defenses with than any Day 2 WR that might be available - especially for this system and the fact such a style at slot is one we simply do not have to offer on the team presently.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread specifically for prospects so I thought I make one as I watch the Senior Bowl + tapes, will keep this updated as practice/game tapes are released. Let me know your prospects or others I should look out for.
  • Austin Watkins JR. - WR from UAB catches my eye. 6'1"-6'2", 200lbs. Similar physical build/mold as Davante Adams coming out of college (not saying he's the next D.Adams). Not shifty, or fast, but very physical WR and great hands (caught every ball thrown to him except uncatchable/overthrown ones) -- intriguing prospect.
  • Cade Johnson -- small school WR from South Dakota State. 5'10" - 186lb. straight up NASTY. Made DBs look silly, breaking ankles then catches the ball with one hand. Repeats similar. stock up^
  • David Moore -- Grambling State Uni. OL. 6'1" 350lbs.. Definitely playing Guard or Center in NFL. He just stonewalled everyone.
  • Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - LB- Notre Dame- 6'2" - 215 - FAST and can cover. Many missed tackles and whiffs. Poor block disengagement or slip blocks. Needs to add a lot of strength. Reminds me of Akeem Davis-Gaither. Some have him as top LB.. I see him 3-5round.
  • Jabril Cox**

• ***Kadarius Toney - WR - Florida- 5'11" - 190. Great Athlete and route runner. But damn, catch the ball. too many drops during senior bowl practice. Did not have many drops during the season unsure why hes dropping them during senior practice. May change.
  • QB Zach Wilson - scouts describe him as a rich spoiled-brat, a know-it-all(via WalterFootball; take this with a grain of salt). BYU students seem to echo that. On Twitter, he's often defending his character. Others say its a "hit" job on his draft stock. I know folks don't really care for WalterFootball, but WalterFootball tells it as it is per Red Flags (Charlie is probably the only WF guy I take seriously). But I understand the hype.
Would love to see DT Christian Barmore slip somewhere close enough for GB to make a move. I just think GB is just 1 more solid, interior weapon from collapsing the pocket against very good OL like Tampa. You’re not going to run over the Tristan Wirfs bookends. But there’s 2 ways to skin a cat and interior pressure would’ve made Brady very uneasy. Having Clark, Gary and Barmore simultaneously pressuring the C and OG positions and Z competing with the OT thingss get interesting and they get interesting very quickly.

If not, LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah would be a great late day 1 or early day 2 selection for our new DC to employ. While his drawback is he’s slightly undersized for a traditional LB (6’2X218lb).. he would be a great fit with Kirksey opposite. Also, most LBs add 5-10 pounds at no the next level anyway, so at 225+- he’s fine. His low 4.4’s speed, crossed with twitch and instinct and good finishing skills is highly preferable. He’s the Hybrid LB that GB has been reaching for since the trade up for Burks. I don’t even want to use his (burks) name because these are completely different players, but it’s a position of great value, just not a position you want to gamble there later in the draft. For me this ends the Burks experiment. With all respect to TT, I bet he’s in Heaven wanting that trade up for Burks back just as much as me. God bless

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly Barmore I think may very well be there at #29.

Wusu...like many of us have shared, dude is phenomenal when free and clear to work. He rarely if ever misses tackles, and is a beast in coverage - he is more Safety than LB though IMO. HUGE Notre Dame fan so have literally watched every game of his. He doesn't win fights often and is easily bottled up by good blocking WRs even. I believe it was Sage Surratt a couple times just absolutely made Wusu look like a kicker on some plays. To me Wusu is a massive gamble for the ceiling some are projecting, BUT he also has a pretty freaking nice floor too. Ooober athletic, won't miss tackles if he touches the ball carrier and is intelligent....problem is he fits no one position....would I be mad if he was picked at #29 by us, no - his upside and being a Fighting Irish guy I'd love it....but I'm very hesitant on him. To be honest though, none of what I typed matters, there isn't a world we live in where he slips past #20.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly Barmore I think may very well be there at #29.

Wusu...like many of us have shared, dude is phenomenal when free and clear to work. He rarely if ever misses tackles, and is a beast in coverage - he is more Safety than LB though IMO. HUGE Notre Dame fan so have literally watched every game of his. He doesn't win fights often and is easily bottled up by good blocking WRs even. I believe it was Sage Surratt a couple times just absolutely made Wusu look like a kicker on some plays. To me Wusu is a massive gamble for the ceiling some are projecting, BUT he also has a pretty freaking nice floor too. Ooober athletic, won't miss tackles if he touches the ball carrier and is intelligent....problem is he fits no one position....would I be mad if he was picked at #29 by us, no - his upside and being a Fighting Irish guy I'd love it....but I'm very hesitant on him. To be honest though, none of what I typed matters, there isn't a world we live in where he slips past #20.
So Wusu is AJ Hawk redux.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Hard to determine what ALL IN qualifies as, but these are players I am thrilled with. I am really only ALL IN on a few of these guys that may not be an option for the Packers.

First Round/Second Round- Will not pretend I understand the Packers blocking schemes and the offensive line players that would best fit. I know they need a RT and a C next year. I am all in if they take any of the following:
Teven Jenkins (6’6, 310lbs)- Developmental T/G.
Jalen Mayfield (6’5, 219lbs)- Potential starting T/G
Creed Humphrey (6’4, 312lbs)- Starting C
Rashan Slater (6’4, 315lbs)- Starting C/G
Sam Cosmi (6’7, 300lbs)-Starting RT
Liam Eichenberg (6’6, 305lbs)- Starting LT
Wyatt Davis (6’4, 310 lbs)- Starting RG
Dillion Randunz (6’6, 304 lbs)- Starting T
Alex Leatherwood (6’5, 312 lbs)- Utility player

First/Second Round CB- I will be the first to say, I DO NOT like the CBs in this draft. Especially the ones that will likely be available at pick #29. I will list the CBs I like in order, but after the top 3, that player will be a Day 1 downgrade to Kevin King. Potential ceiling should be higher after a few years in the system though.

1. Patrick Surtain II- Day 1 starter, that I am ALL IN if the Packers move up for. Immediate upgrade to Kevin King and paired with Jaire would be a thing of absolute beauty. Basically impossible for this to happen though.
2. Caleb Farley- Another great player. See above.
3. Jaycee Horn- While he is would not be an immediate upgrade to King, he certainly has a much higher ceiling.
4. NO ASANTE SAMUEL, AARON ROBINSON. Can you imagine Jaire on one side and Asante Samuel or Aaron Robinson on the other, going up against any of the big WR would be brutal. We need a CB2 with some length.
5. Eric Stokes, Greg Newsome, Ifeatu Melifonwu, Tyson Campbell, Shaun Wade or Paulson Adebo are fine options. None get me particular excited, but a CB2 is mandatory. Do not see how they improve here though :/.

Only other player I would move up for is Kwity Paye. An absolute monster.

Jabril Cox
, LB (2nd round or later)- His tape reminds me of Devin White. I remember being on my honeymoon and showing my husband Devin White's film when he was expected to be a 2nd round type of player. I do not expect Cox to soar up the draft boards like White, but their play styles are similar. I would not be upset if he walks out of the draft a Packer.

Ar'Darius Washington, S (3rd-4th round)- 2021 Antione Winfield Jr. Small dude, that hits hard and does not miss a tackle.

Any one of the following WR in the 4th-7th rounds, not going to predict where they go.
Elijah Moore, WR (5'9, 185lbs)- Super fluid route runner that likes to get downfield and isn’t afraid to lower his shoulder to initiate contact. Adds value to the screen game as well.
Marquez Stevenson, WR (6’0, 190lbs)- He’s the fastest kid alive. Not the most fluid or polished route runner, but he wins on pure speed. Throw him a screen, toss him a jets sweep or let him score off of a punt return or kick off, the kid has jets.
Tutu Atwell, WR (5’9, 165lbs)- Shifty and twitchy gadget player. He seems to be all over the field on tape. Jets sweeps, deep routes, short outs, the kid gets separation then is a YAC machine. Obviously his size could be a bit of a concern.
Whop Philyor, WR (5’11, 181 lbs)- He is a guy you want to get the ball to quickly, and watch what he does with it. Another YAC machine kind of player, that plays like he’s AJ Dillion’s size. He carries DBs on his back and makes the others miss. He’s an effort player no doubt.

4th-7th Round Edge prospects I am ALL IN for:
Shaka Toney, Patrick Johnson, Daelin Hayes, Chris Rumph, Patrick Jones

4th-7th iDl prospects I am ALL IN for:
Osa Odighizuwa, Jaylen Twyman, Bobby Brown and Khyiris Tonga

Kenny Yeboah, TE (6'4, 250 lbs): Pass catching TE that is not terrible blocking. Could be a steal in a later round.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to determine what ALL IN qualifies as, but these are players I am thrilled with. I am really only ALL IN on a few of these guys that may not be an option for the Packers.

First Round/Second Round- Will not pretend I understand the Packers blocking schemes and the offensive line players that would best fit. I know they need a RT and a C next year. I am all in if they take any of the following:
Teven Jenkins (6’6, 310lbs)- Developmental T/G.
Jalen Mayfield (6’5, 219lbs)- Potential starting T/G
Creed Humphrey (6’4, 312lbs)- Starting C
Rashan Slater (6’4, 315lbs)- Starting C/G
Sam Cosmi (6’7, 300lbs)-Starting RT
Liam Eichenberg (6’6, 305lbs)- Starting LT
Wyatt Davis (6’4, 310 lbs)- Starting RG
Dillion Randunz (6’6, 304 lbs)- Starting T
Alex Leatherwood (6’5, 312 lbs)- Utility player

First/Second Round CB- I will be the first to say, I DO NOT like the CBs in this draft. Especially the ones that will likely be available at pick #29. I will list the CBs I like in order, but after the top 3, that player will be a Day 1 downgrade to Kevin King. Potential ceiling should be higher after a few years in the system though.

1. Patrick Surtain II- Day 1 starter, that I am ALL IN if the Packers move up for. Immediate upgrade to Kevin King and paired with Jaire would be a thing of absolute beauty. Basically impossible for this to happen though.
2. Caleb Farley- Another great player. See above.
3. Jaycee Horn- While he is would not be an immediate upgrade to King, he certainly has a much higher ceiling.
4. NO ASANTE SAMUEL, AARON ROBINSON. Can you imagine Jaire on one side and Asante Samuel or Aaron Robinson on the other, going up against any of the big WR would be brutal. We need a CB2 with some length.
5. Eric Stokes, Greg Newsome, Ifeatu Melifonwu, Tyson Campbell, Shaun Wade or Paulson Adebo are fine options. None get me particular excited, but a CB2 is mandatory. Do not see how they improve here though :/.

Only other player I would move up for is Kwity Paye. An absolute monster.

Jabril Cox
, LB (2nd round or later)- His tape reminds me of Devin White. I remember being on my honeymoon and showing my husband Devin White's film when he was expected to be a 2nd round type of player. I do not expect Cox to soar up the draft boards like White, but their play styles are similar. I would not be upset if he walks out of the draft a Packer.

Ar'Darius Washington, S (3rd-4th round)- 2021 Antione Winfield Jr. Small dude, that hits hard and does not miss a tackle.

Any one of the following WR in the 4th-7th rounds, not going to predict where they go.
Elijah Moore, WR (5'9, 185lbs)- Super fluid route runner that likes to get downfield and isn’t afraid to lower his shoulder to initiate contact. Adds value to the screen game as well.
Marquez Stevenson, WR (6’0, 190lbs)- He’s the fastest kid alive. Not the most fluid or polished route runner, but he wins on pure speed. Throw him a screen, toss him a jets sweep or let him score off of a punt return or kick off, the kid has jets.
Tutu Atwell, WR (5’9, 165lbs)- Shifty and twitchy gadget player. He seems to be all over the field on tape. Jets sweeps, deep routes, short outs, the kid gets separation then is a YAC machine. Obviously his size could be a bit of a concern.
Whop Philyor, WR (5’11, 181 lbs)- He is a guy you want to get the ball to quickly, and watch what he does with it. Another YAC machine kind of player, that plays like he’s AJ Dillion’s size. He carries DBs on his back and makes the others miss. He’s an effort player no doubt.

4th-7th Round Edge prospects I am ALL IN for:
Shaka Toney, Patrick Johnson, Daelin Hayes, Chris Rumph, Patrick Jones

4th-7th iDl prospects I am ALL IN for:
Osa Odighizuwa, Jaylen Twyman, Bobby Brown and Khyiris Tonga

Kenny Yeboah, TE (6'4, 250 lbs): Pass catching TE that is not terrible blocking. Could be a steal in a later round.

Given the "all in " reference I think you meant to put this in the other thread.

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If haven't.. Check out
Tony Fields II - LB - 6, 225. Arizona/West Virginia. Really reminds me of Patrick Queen/Devin Bush-. Similar buildish as Owusu but with tenacity and willingness to hit. Can easily pack on another 10lbs. I really see him flying up draft boards. Dont be shocked if Fields runs a 4.34 - 4.45. I love how he diagnosis plays and goes straight to work.. Easily moved into one of my top ILBs. I like :) - Need little more work on coverage but not too worried.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jabril Cox, LB (2nd round or later)- His tape reminds me of Devin White. I remember being on my honeymoon and showing my husband Devin White's film when he was expected to be a 2nd round type of player. I do not expect Cox to soar up the draft boards like White, but their play styles are similar. I would not be upset if he walks out of the draft a Packer.
I really like Jabril's size and speed. I totally understand the Devin White comparison. I too wouldn't be mad if we came out with Jabril Cox in 2nd or 3rd.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  • Jabril Cox**
  • Tony Fields II - LB - 6, 225. Arizona/West Virginia. Really reminds me of Devin Bush-. Similar buildish as Owusu but with tenacity and willingness to hit. Can easily pack on another 10lbs. I really see him flying up draft boards. Dont be shocked if Fields runs a 4.34 - 4.45. I love how he diagnosis plays and goes straight to work.. Easily moved into one of my top ILBs. I like :)

I'm a Notre Dame fan and I don't get the high grade on Koramoah. He was just kinda "there" all year.

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
insight onto the mind of Brian Gutekunst.
Below are pictures via Twitter Cam McGrone's high school coach, getting a letter from Gute.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When they check the box for wrestling they automatically move up on my board.

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When they check the box for wrestling they automatically move up on my board.
wrestling + track and field are my main. I love how special team is mentioned on the survey. Most dynamic players are usually the ones returning the rock.
I'm also happy to see Cam McGrone is on their radar.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
insight onto the mind of Brian Gutekunst.
Below are pictures via Twitter Cam McGrone's high school coach, getting a letter from Gute.

pretty standard for nfl teams

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Gil Brandt has his top 100 prospects listed with his comments on the NFL app. I found it interesting and enlightening. A lot of intriguing prospects he has between 25-45 and again between 80-100.

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was intrigued by Talanoa Hufanga (safety @ USC) but.. as I was watching him on tape... Slower than I expected for someone that is supposed to be the next "Troy Polumalu" I just saw too many missed tackles and often takes himself out of the play (two broken collarbones and many other injuries). Good effort but... Need more.. 5th rounder maybe.. Anyone else got a prospect they found intriguing and then... Blah? lol

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ADD Ar'Darius Washington, S, TCU to my list of intriguing players. Didn't test the best but damn his tape.. So much better than this teammate Moehring's (who has first round buzZ?! crazy.//0 . )

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't really understand how some have Javonte Williams rated as RB3 after Harris and Etienne. He's good but I actually like his teammate Michael Carter & Kenneth Gainwell more than him.

mid-Late round RB prospects that I enjoyed watching.
Kylin Hill
Elijah Mitchell
Gerrid Doaks
Jake Funk

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gainwell is my RB3, thats how much I like him
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Gainwell is easily my RB3 too. He has size, speed, and agility. Can catch and BLOCK. Was out wide and ran WR routes on multiple occasions!

Javonte Williams is okay but his blocking was atrocious and I can't stand RBs that can't block or at least give some effort! I also didn't like the fact that sometimes (not all the time) he would fall on the first contact because he stops pumping his legs. Good thing is that it is fixable (see D'Onta Foreman).

I like Michael Carter for the fact Carter is slippery and catches the ball very well. Much harder to tackle than you think and creates yards. Carter can try to get a little too cute sometimes and try to bounce it when not necessary.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts