2016 Jordy is Back, will the rest step up?

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think bakh is a ways away from being able to command top 10 money in a logical argument based on ability.

However, TT keeps his own, and LT isnt something you want to have to scramble to replace after losing one in FA. My knee jerk reaction to this discussion is theres no way he gets money like that, but after thinking about it and TT's trends its not far fetched. Plus theres the whole rising cap issue, especially now with a team in LA.

All things considered, id expect Bakh to make bank, even though i dont think hes worth that.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think bakh is a ways away from being able to command top 10 money in a logical argument based on ability.

However, TT keeps his own, and LT isnt something you want to have to scramble to replace after losing one in FA. My knee jerk reaction to this discussion is theres no way he gets money like that, but after thinking about it and TT's trends its not far fetched. Plus theres the whole rising cap issue, especially now with a team in LA.

All things considered, id expect Bakh to make bank, even though i dont think hes worth that.

Well his recent season grading says otherwise whether you think he's worth it or not. In a league where good O linemen are valuable commodities, Bahk is only getting better as a player. If his production goes up next year and TT doesn't get an extension done, Bahk will get some good offers in FA.

Sky King

Reaction score
Bakhtiari is Clifton-ish. Not quite as big as Clifton and maybe a tick less accomplished as a pass-protector at similar stages in their careers. Call it a push as far as run blocking is concerned. But the point is that Clifton was paid like a LT by the Packers and Bakhtiari probably will be, too. Rightly so. Quality guys at that position are hard to come by. Joe Thomas would be nice addition at LT but the Packers can do just fine with Bakhtiari out there. They already have.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bahk lacks the strength i recall clifton having... Thats the big knock on bakh is that hes easily bull rushed. Just doesnt seem to jave the strength to drop anchor.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not really sure what you mean? He isn't good enough to be a back-up? Or you think he had a really good year, should be a starter and will be in line for a big contract?

Personally, I think he is a marginal starting LT. Would prefer to see a better one brought in via FA.

Bakhtiari is pretty good in pass protection which is the most important thing playing on Rodgers blindside. He has to improve in run blocking though.

CBS ranks Hunter Henry going as the number 34th pick. If we spent our number 27th pick on a WR as Jordy insurance, is it in the realm of possibility to trade up to draft Hunter as our second pick? I haven't watched or followed many drafts so I am ignorant on trading picks etc., etc.

Here's a link to a draft value chart that is or at least was at some point used by GMs:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

According to it it would be close to impossible for the Packers to trade up that many spots in the second round.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
According to it it would be close to impossible for the Packers to trade up that many spots in the second round.

I find it more likely to see TT trade back out of Round #1 if Henry is the guy he wants and he thinks he will still be on the board early in round 2. TT covets picks and an extra one and Henry wouldn't be a bad thing in my book.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's best for Thompson to trade down out of the 1st round since he rarely gets it right in the 1st.
Keeping in mind that the jury is still out on the 2015 draft, but so far so good.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think it's best for Thompson to trade down out of the 1st round since he rarely gets it right in the 1st.
Keeping in mind that the jury is still out on the 2015 draft, but so far so good.

If a player Thompson really likes is still available at #27 and trading back might result in some other team picking that guy I´m all for TT to draft him.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do people think we are going WR in the 1st? I'd be shocked. I'd just take Henry there at 27 or trade down. You don't burn a first round pick for 'insurance.'

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

"Rarely gets it right", you sure that is the correct word here? I'll give you Justin Harrell. Sherrod we will never know how he would have turned out, due to injury. But for the most part every other player TT has picked in the 1st has contributed. Maybe not up to some peoples expectations, but I am guessing I can go back into each 1st round under Thompson and find players other teams selected and find some real duds.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Why do people think we are going WR in the 1st?
Good question, since he never has. From 2005 through 2015, Thompson as selected these positions in the first round:
QB, MLB, DT, traded down, NT, OT, OT, OLB, DE, FS, CB.
In those drafts these are the earliest rounds in which he selected a WR:

My guess is he'd have taken Nelson in the 2008 draft in the first round if he couldn't get another team to agree to the trade-down.

Larry 3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do people think we are going WR in the 1st? I'd be shocked. I'd just take Henry there at 27 or trade down. You don't burn a first round pick for 'insurance.'

I am ready for the Pack to draft Corey Coleman as pick #27 :)

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am ready for the Pack to draft Corey Coleman as pick #27 :)
We saw some Baylor games here this year, he's electric.
He's about 5-10, 185-190 pounds, from Dallas.
http://www.windycitygridiron.com/20...-receiver-prospect-corey-coleman-amari-cooper

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The limitations in Coleman's game are based largely on his strengths. He so often wins with his ample athleticism that he'll need to polish his routes at the pro level to continue to dominate against far more athletic defenders. His routes are not bad now, but they are not on the level of someone like Amari Cooper or Tyler Lockett from last year's class. He can suffer from the occasional concentration drop when he takes his eye off the ball.
I hate to hear that Lockett is a better route-runner. Seattle stole Lockett last year. Damn them. Again. Russell Wilson, Sherman, Wagner, Chancellor, Lockett.... hate to see them get so many studs, steal them.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not even a back up QB you might not need for 3-5 years? :whistling:

I don't think that was insurance. ..that was fully intended to be the QB of the future. .

Brian Brohm in the 2nd in 2008, now that was insurance. Not good insurance, of course.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that was insurance. ..that was fully intended to be the QB of the future. .

Brian Brohm in the 2nd in 2008, now that was insurance. Not good insurance, of course.
But they say the best insurance is the kind you never have to use

PackerBacker12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok can we take a minute to say Jeff Janis the dude is amazing his whole career is 4 catches for 94 yards he is the gunner in the return defense and gets the punt returner just about every time and on top of that he's got some great hands made for catching te football I think it would be great if Janis and Jordy got together and Jordy helped him prepare for the starting position he will receive or at least should honestly I would start Jeff over Adams the whole season I would of done that

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers, Mathews, Raji, Bulaga, Ha Ha, Randall. These are all picks I'd say he's gotten right.

Sherrod and Harrell horrible choices with all their injuries.

Jones and Perry I'm indifferent towards in regards to their draft position as both players flash when healthy.

Those were only off the top of my head so point out any others I'd I missed someone but that's not a bad track record for 1st round guys imo

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers, Mathews, Raji, Bulaga, Ha Ha, Randall. These are all picks I'd say he's gotten right.

Jones and Perry I'm indifferent towards in regards to their draft position as both players flash when healthy.

Those were only off the top of my head so point out any others I'd I missed someone but that's not a bad track record for 1st round guys imo

Rodgers and Matthews are the only elite players out of the group though. Bulaga and Raji have played great at times but either have been injured way too often (Bulaga) or not motivated enough to continue to be dominant (Raji). Clinton-Dix and Randall look like solid picks right now but it´s too early to truly evaluate them.

Hawk was a decent player for a long time but being the #5 overall pick there´s reason to be disappointed about his production. It seems like Datone finally has found a niche on the team rushing the passer from various spots. Thompson should have never drafted Perry as it was pretty obvious he would have preferred to play in a 4-3 defense.

Sherrod wasn´t injury-prone in college so there was no way for Thompson to know he would be lost early in his career to a terrible injury. Harrell was by far his worst pick in the first round.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it more likely to see TT trade back out of Round #1 if Henry is the guy he wants and he thinks he will still be on the board early in round 2. TT covets picks and an extra one and Henry wouldn't be a bad thing in my book.
Henry won't be there in my opinion for us to trade back and pick. IF for some reason Henry is still there and we don't pick him, it better be a freaking stud that fell to us that no one else saw happening.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sorry but the fact you have Sherrod lumped in the same boat shows either you either simply don't know Sherrod's history or story or choose to ignore it. If he'd not had the injury once here, the dude most likely would still be starting along our line. Yes, everything pointed towards him being that good.

D

Deleted member 6794

If he'd not had the injury once here, the dude most likely would still be starting along our line. Yes, everything pointed towards him being that good.

While we´ll never know about how selecting Sherrod would have turned out because of the devastating injury he suffered in Kansas City his performance during his rookie season was mostly disappointing.

Members online

Latest posts