1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

2014 packer predictions

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Jan 31, 2014.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,077
    Lay down your predictions here

2. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    Packers should go 10-6 (at a minimum). Let's say 4-2 in the NFC North and wins against the Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Falcons, Bucs and Eagles (at home). The Panthers and Saints aren't exactly world beaters.

I love the offense. The return of Brian Bulaga and Derrick Sherrod having a full offseason to workout should help stabilize the offensive line. Rodgers is still the best quarterback in the league. Assuming Nelson, Cobb and Boykin stay healthy the passing game should be top 5. Eddie Lacy is a beast and should only get better after a year of playing time.

The question mark will still be the defense. Assuming Clay Matthews is healthy and Sam Shields resigns, the defense has two playmakers. Mike Daniels was the team's best defensive lineman last year and should improve again. The questions marks still remain Nick Perry, Morgan Burnett and Datone Jones. The defense could be special if a handful of players mature and develop into contributors.

I'm interested into seeing what happens in the offseason. Sam Shields is my only "must resign" player. I wouldn't mind a veteran or two being added to the defense. There might be some affordable options at safety and linebacker. The draft is a total question mark. The Packers will draft the player available, so this could mean safety, linebacker, tight end, defensive line or receiver.

3. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Josh Boyd becomes a force as a starter, Bostick emerges. Perry makes it through the year missing only 3 games, Bulaga doesn't miss a single one.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. TCHickman24

TCHickman24 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +79
    1) We will finally stay healthy throughout the season. (It has to happen eventually, right?)
    2) Lacy rushes for 1200/12
    3) Nelson and Cobb both hit 1000
    4) Arod throws for 5000+/42
    5) Defense will be top 10 in rush and pass
    6) NFL North champs
    7) Superbowl champs

Bank on it

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,375
    See "Can You See Us Making It This Year" thread.

6. TCHickman24

TCHickman24 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +79
    That is a hypothetical thread. What "if" we made it this year. This thread is about the new and upcoming 2014 season.

7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Is this with or without injuries?
    Because without: Oh man! We are so freakin awesome! Nothing will stop us!
    With: Oh gee. There goes our season. We suck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +838
    I foresee a 10 -6 season give or take 2 games depending on how many devastating injuries there are.

There is still time to fire Lovat.....but MM seems hell bent on employing his friends regardless of how poorly they have performed so he will be back and half the team will be on the shelf again.

9. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,016
    I predict making predictions before a single player is waived, injured, drafted, extended, re-signed, or otherwise acquired for next season will prove to be a waste of time. :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,375
    No it was not. I often wonder why I bother.

11. TCHickman24

TCHickman24 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +79
    Ivo, how dare you create a similar thread! The mods should issue you a lifetime ban from this website.

• Friendly Friendly x 1