2014 OLB options

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big fan of Dee Ford, just not sure how I feel about taking him at 21, as of now. After the combine and pro day, we will all have more clarity on where he belongs.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Ford is a Rolb. All he does is speed rush, and will wash against the run. No doubt he can get to the QB with speed rush moves, but we have enough Rolb on the roster. I don't like him at 21 either.

Move Worthy? :D

packfan1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Jeramiah Attouchu from Georgia Tech? From what I have seen he looks like a very good pass rusher. Also doesn't seem to take plays off.

D

Deleted member 6794

What about Jeramiah Attouchu from Georgia Tech? From what I have seen he looks like a very good pass rusher. Also doesn't seem to take plays off.

I´m not sure he´s good enough to play against the run and drop into coverage as the LOLB in a 3-4.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
NO MORE TRANSITION GUYS....... while in theory, that Dee ford guy sounds good...... but if you have to completely re-teach the guy how to play his new found position, HE WILL LOOK LOST IN THE WOODS.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless we fail to re-sign Mike Neal, our needs at ILB and S far outweigh OLB. I am reasonably optimistic about Perry or Neal + Matthews. I don't see the logic behind spending an early draft pick on an OLB.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO MORE TRANSITION GUYS....... while in theory, that Dee ford guy sounds good...... but if you have to completely re-teach the guy how to play his new found position, HE WILL LOOK LOST IN THE WOODS.

We run a 3-4 defense. As long as we run that defense, we'll be picking guys that are switching positions. That's not actually as big a problem as many thing GIVEN you have current players that allow those rookies a couple of years to learn the new position (see the Steelers). Problem for the Packers is that the defensive personnel are so thin that new guys aren't given any time to actually learn the position before being thrown on the field.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Perry will be our OLB and he will play well this coming year. As far as the draft, I wonder about Von Noy. Apparently he is versatile enough to play inside or out. He would be a good option in case Perry or Jones suddenly click, Von Noy can move into the other spot.

Members online

Latest posts