1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

2014 OLB options

Discussion in 'Draft Talk' started by ivo610, Jan 30, 2014.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
  2. TCHickman24

TCHickman24 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +79
    Big fan of Dee Ford, just not sure how I feel about taking him at 21, as of now. After the combine and pro day, we will all have more clarity on where he belongs.

3. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Ford is a Rolb. All he does is speed rush, and will wash against the run. No doubt he can get to the QB with speed rush moves, but we have enough Rolb on the roster. I don't like him at 21 either.

Move Worthy? :D

4. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I really like Shembo. High rushing upside, and stout against the run.

5. packfan1

packfan1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    What about Jeramiah Attouchu from Georgia Tech? From what I have seen he looks like a very good pass rusher. Also doesn't seem to take plays off.

6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,671
    I´m not sure he´s good enough to play against the run and drop into coverage as the LOLB in a 3-4.

7. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    NO MORE TRANSITION GUYS....... while in theory, that Dee ford guy sounds good...... but if you have to completely re-teach the guy how to play his new found position, HE WILL LOOK LOST IN THE WOODS.

8. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    Unless we fail to re-sign Mike Neal, our needs at ILB and S far outweigh OLB. I am reasonably optimistic about Perry or Neal + Matthews. I don't see the logic behind spending an early draft pick on an OLB.

9. Sunshinepacker

Sunshinepacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +457
    We run a 3-4 defense. As long as we run that defense, we'll be picking guys that are switching positions. That's not actually as big a problem as many thing GIVEN you have current players that allow those rookies a couple of years to learn the new position (see the Steelers). Problem for the Packers is that the defensive personnel are so thin that new guys aren't given any time to actually learn the position before being thrown on the field.

10. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    There are plenty of 34 schools out there. GA, UCLA, TAMU, SMU, etc.

11. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,858
    I think Perry will be our OLB and he will play well this coming year. As far as the draft, I wonder about Von Noy. Apparently he is versatile enough to play inside or out. He would be a good option in case Perry or Jones suddenly click, Von Noy can move into the other spot.