2013 packers schedule

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most years you can look at the schedule and say "easy stretch here"...."hard stretch here"...etc.

I don't see it this year. Looks pretty balanced.

I also hate the Week 4 bye, but you just know that chances are when it rolls around we're going to need it already anyway.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt it..it's not like they can just overhaul the entire defense during the season, and they probably won't have anyone else run this one.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree that the early bye sucks but the team will get a mini bye after the Thanksgiving game. They just have to play MN and Detroit over a 5 day period to get 10 days off. Ouch!

Reaction score
I just hope we can beat some physical teams this year....
2011 we were too soft, then 2012 we were too young and too injured....
Time to toughen up and beat teams like the 49ers/giants...

I like the week 1 and week 16 games, San Fran and Pittsburgh, open the season - let our guys brawl with the 49ers, if we're still sort of soft by week 16, we'll get a reminder of what physical football is right before a playoff run.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

I like the week 1 and week 16 games, San Fran and Pittsburgh, open the season - let our guys brawl with the 49ers, if we're still sort of soft by week 16, we'll get a reminder of what physical football is right before a playoff run.
And that, viewers, is a recipe for injury.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Playoffs? Bro we're not guaranteed to make the playoffs with that schedule. As of now we will need the offense to carry this team. Were not balanced by any stretch of the imagination.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course there are no guarantees but this team has made the playoffs the past four years, won the Super Bowl, and narrowly had a perfect season. While not guaranteed, it's a pretty good bet that we'll be there again.

Your pessimism used to be focused about not being good enough to win it all. Now it seems that you have great doubts about our ability to even field a competitive team

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of guys will hate on that week 4 bye.
BUT
Thats three really tough games to start a season with!
ALL playoff teams.
SF should be the NFC Fav.
We haven't shown we can stop or even contain the read-option.
If RGIII is back that game vs the Skins will be NO gimmie.
Cincy is a young team and the game is on the road (I'll be at this one :) )

Yes I would rather have a week 8 or 9 bye..... but we may need to step back and really look at our defense if they get torn up these first 3 games...

in TT we trust.

apham8311

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the Falcons game in December. Gonna be really tough deciding to come up from Georgia for that one after coming up last December too. I hate the Falcons but got plenty of fans down here that would love to come up. Some of the early looks at 2014 have the Falcons coming back to Lambeau. Yall seen that?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San Francisco knows that they killed us with the read-option in the playoffs. They know that we sent our coaches "back to school" to address the problem. They've likely seen the articles about about McCarthy making the 579 yards our mantra for the upcoming season.

I get the feeling that Lucy is going to pull out the football on Charlie Brown here. In Rocky II, **** had Rocky fighting as a righty until the end of the fight. Might SF throw us a curve ball by abandoning the read option early on in the game, assuming that we'll gear up for it? The intrigue..... The anticipation....

bobgodd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San Francisco knows that they killed us with the read-option in the playoffs. They know that we sent our coaches "back to school" to address the problem. They've likely seen the articles about about McCarthy making the 579 yards our mantra for the upcoming season.

I get the feeling that Lucy is going to pull out the football on Charlie Brown here. In Rocky II, **** had Rocky fighting as a righty until the end of the fight. Might SF throw us a curve ball by abandoning the read option early on in the game, assuming that we'll gear up for it? The intrigue..... The anticipation....
Actually that is EXACTLY what I anticipate to happen. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see SF abandon the read-option all-together for the first half of the season. Now that they have a full off-season with CK at QB, they'll likely try to incorporate some pass-heavy stuff to balance with the already run-heavy stuff.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playoffs? Bro we're not guaranteed to make the playoffs with that schedule. As of now we will need the offense to carry this team. Were not balanced by any stretch of the imagination.

I thought our defense finished 11th last season. With all the injuries I see reason to have optimism

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After chasing Kaepernick first week we get to chase RG III the next. Hope the defense is in shape!!

I hate the early bye. :mad:

H

HardRightEdge

After chasing Kaepernick first week we get to chase RG III the next. Hope the defense is in shape!!

I hate the early bye. :mad:

I suspect RGIII won't be doing much running in week 2. There appears to be doubt whether he'll even be playing by then. His option days may be over anyway.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought our defense finished 11th last season. With all the injuries I see reason to have optimism

i hear ya. Thing is the last game of the year didn't leave me with a good taste in my mouth as the 11th ranked defense got embarassed.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect RGIII won't be doing much running in week 2. There appears to be doubt whether he'll even be playing by then. His option days may be over anyway.

Well I live in the Redskin market. Reports are RG III is way ahead of schedule and will be in the opening day lineup. His doctor has said that. You would think the Skins would scrap that run option but I don't see it happening. It's Kyle Shanahan's little toy and I think he will use it regardless of the risk to the kid. He's been referred to as a hard headed little control freak.

H

HardRightEdge

Well I live in the Redskin market. Reports are RG III is way ahead of schedule and will be in the opening day lineup. His doctor has said that. You would think the Skins would scrap that run option but I don't see it happening. It's Kyle Shanahan's little toy and I think he will use it regardless of the risk to the kid.

Yeah, I know Andrews is saying he's "way ahead of schedule". We'll see.

As for Shanahan, I don't know the man. I do know that people in positions of authority can do very stupid things.

You can pretty much bet that off season discussions about the future of RGIII and the run option have reached up into the owner's box.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I know Andrews is saying he's "way ahead of schedule". We'll see.

As for Shanahan, I don't know the man. I do know that people in positions of authority can do very stupid things.

You can pretty much bet that off season discussions about the future of RGIII and the run option have reached up into the owner's box.

Well I'll have to go with a doctor who did the surgery and has the information. Now regarding Snyder, he wants to win now at all costs. He'll use up whatever he has available presently and move on to another option to see that happen. He's not a patient man as witnessed by his many attempts to buy a championship team through free agency not to mention his many coaching changes.

H

HardRightEdge

Well I'll have to go with a doctor who did the surgery and has the information. Now regarding Snyder, he wants to win at all costs. He'll use up whatever he has now and move on to another option to see that happen. He's not a patient man as witnessed by his many attempts to buy a championship team through free agency.

Snyder has waited a long time to get a QB that can win. In the meantime, he's tried many expensive experiments at the other 21 positions trying to compensate for the one that counts the most. He might have a death wish, metaphorically speaking, but I doubt it.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Snyder has waited a long time to get a QB that can win. In the meantime, he's tried many expensive experiments at the other 21 positions trying to compensate for the one that counts the most. He might have death wish, metaphorically speaking, but I doubt it.

He's also tried expensive experiments at the QB position. You seem to have some insight or first hand knowledge into Snyder than has not been displayed to date. If you look at the history of QB's under Snyder he throws them to the wolves.

H

HardRightEdge

You seem to have some insight or first hand knowledge into Snyder than has not been displayed to date.

First hand knowledge...no more than you. Insight? The proof is in the putting.

If you look at the history of QB's under Snyder he throws them to the wolves.

Snyder bought the 'Skins in 1999. His pre-RGIII QBs (in order most recent to oldest) have been as follows:

Rex Grossman
John Beck
Donovan McNabb (in decline)
Jason Campbell (longest tenure at 3.5 years starting)
Mark Brunell (in decline)
Pat Ramsey
Tim Hasselbeck
Shane Matthews
Tony Banks
Jeff George
Brad Johnson

None of these guys did squat after departing the Redskins, which should be telling. Snyder didn't throw them to the wolves...other than Campbell who was kind of middle-of-the-road, they each s*cked in succession so he kept trying another. Wouldn't you?

Packer fans are spoiled. One has to go back 20+ years to know what it's like to play without a franchise QB. When stuck in that position, other things must be tried...beef up the D and lean on the running game in the hopes you can hit on a Trent Dilfer moment.

In concept, nothing Snyder has done seems all that radical or particularly dumb given the absence of a franchise QB. I see no reason to believe he'll suddenly get stupid now that he has what he was looking for all along.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Redskins will proceed with caution regarding RGIII's knee. Especially early. Which is good for us. I expect some growing pains for him certainly.
And I hope they last at least 2 weeks.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they go cautiously for his sake. I'd like to see him in the league for a while. I think because of all the Read Option stuff that is for sure going to be thrown the Packers way through the first two weeks I think they should be well prepared.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts