1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

2012 draft

Discussion in 'Draft Talk' started by ivo610, May 11, 2011.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,114
    Does anyone have any dream picks for the 2012 NFL draft?

yeah its a little early to do this but thanks to the lockout this is what were stuck with.

2. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,182
    I have three dreams: First, that it happens after the 2011 season has been played (having missed no games) and second, that the Packers pick 32nd again. Finally that Thompson is again in a position to pick the BPA.

3. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    Andrew Luck at 32

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,114
    draft a player we cant use?

5. tstej

tstej Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +27
    Greg Childs...just reminds me of Jennings alot

6. packerstl101

packerstl101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    i was going to say Luck too, but then I remembered we have Ardo and Flynn. What more do you need?

7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Michael Floyd.

Quite frankly, he's the only elite player I know of the 2012 draft class...

And he's good. Boy he's good. Injury prone, he's made of crystal. But he reminds me of Sterling Sharpe.

8. Big E

Big E Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +106
    I think you mean Michael Floyd, the WR from Notre Dame? Malcolm Floyd is a WR on the Chargers. Edit:I just checked and they are not related.

But yes I agree, Michael Floyd is a monster. He's 6'3" and he's got great hands. He goes up and gets pretty much everything near him. In fact, it's possible that the 2012 wide receiver class could be ridiculously good. You've already mentioned Floyd, but let me add to that list Alshon Jeffery (S. Car.) and Justin Blackmon (Ok. St.). All three of them are bigtime playmakers and could be 1st round picks.

Then there are skilled players who might need to become a little bit more polished, but have starting WR potential. These guys are Mohammad Sanu (Rutgers), Juron Criner (Arizona), and Jeff Fuller (Texas A&M). All six of those receivers are big-bodied receivers, too. Blackmon (6'1") and Sanu (6'2") are the only two of them under 6'3".

Plus, Ryan Broyles from Oklahoma will be in this class. He's got some amazing numbers for his career, runs good routes, and has good hands. He doesn't fit the same mold as the other receivers but is still extremely talented. Somebody already said Greg Childs, but I haven't seen Arkansas play much so I can't really comment on him.

9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Yes. Malcom? I never said that. I said Michael Floyd. No, really, look, it's there!

(I always, always misses his name. I don't know why, I watch almost every ND game...)

10. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    It was suppose to be a joke

11. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    Top 5 pick DT Jared Crick. Analysts say he's best fit as a 3-4 end. Man that'll be a badass DL Raji, Crick and Neal.

12. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
  13. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
  14. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,114
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvcsffTQojI]YouTube - Vontaze Burfict-All American[/ame]

15. Big E

Big E Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +106
    I like the Crick pick. We could use some more talented D-linemen. I've heard of Vontaze Burflict, but haven't ever watched him play. Those highlights make him look like an absolute beast. I know he plays on the inside, but could we move him to the outside? Looks like he's got some good pass-rushing skills.