2011 NFL Draft: Round 3, Pick 32, Overall 96 - Alex Green, RB, Hawaii

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fellas- With all due love and respect for all of you, will you please shut the f**k up and move it elsewhere? No one here gives a crap about any of the points you think you're trying to make. We'd like to discuss our draft picks in peace without having the mods argue and bicker and whine and point fingers and blow raspberries and fart in each others general directions.

Thank you for your cooperation.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Fellas- With all due love and respect for all of you, will you please shut the f**k up and move it elsewhere? No one here gives a crap about any of the points you think you're trying to make. We'd like to discuss our draft picks in peace without having the mods argue and bicker and whine and point fingers and blow raspberries and fart in each others general directions.

Thank you for your cooperation.

LOL it was moved....

PackisBack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A nice fit, I like this pick more and more now, 8.2 avg yards per carry??? are you kidding me?

I still think it's a really deceiving stat line. Watch a couple of his best runs, he has holes that people like you and me could run through, and then gets chased down from behind and arm tackled by DBs.

Also remember that a lot of college backs get a higher average than the average in the pros. CJ Spiller averaged 7.27 in his last year at Clemson and did nothing in the pros this past season.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care what you say about the division he was in, his opponents, his holes etc.... this guy makes people MISS!

I think he could be the 3rd down back we've longed for

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it incredible that people are complaining about a guy they never saw play a full game.

Of course they are. It's the same old story, year after year. Fans always want the ****, big name pick and Ted does what he does best- Proves them wrong.

Frankly, I find it incredible people still aren't willing to give Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy and their staff the benefit of the doubt at this point. We won the friggin Super Bowl and are set up for long term success doing things their way, yet fans still seem to want to ***** and whine about the way they do business.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
WOW been watching some videos and reading some articles on this guy. He is an absolute monster, Big Physical runner with great speed and just enough wiggle/juke to last a long time in the nfl. I could see him being a huge contributor, really liking this guy a lot.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On ESPN3.com, they have replays of some of the games from the season. They have the replay of the Hawaii game vs. New Mexico State. I figure that I can kill two birds with one stone and see both Alex Green and Davon House in action. So I just checked the box score for this game, Alex Green had 327 rushing yards and 3 TDs and Davon House had a pick six. After my finals are done, I'm definitely watching this game!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I dunno, I'm still waiting to see if I can get my mind around this pick. I'm really hoping you all can rag on me for doubting this pick next year. I WANT to be wrong. I just can't see how we needed it. I really think he's another Starks and we had one of those. I guess you can never have too many good football players though.
If the injury bug hits at RB I'll be happy he's on the roster, things looked REAL dim during the middle of last season.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno, I'm still waiting to see if I can get my mind around this pick. I'm really hoping you all can rag on me for doubting this pick next year. I WANT to be wrong. I just can't see how we needed it. I really think he's another Starks and we had one of those. I guess you can never have too many good football players though.
If the injury bug hits at RB I'll be happy he's on the roster, things looked REAL dim during the middle of last season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also questioning this pick. I never saw it coming, and I wouldn't have done it.

There's a difference between questioning a pick and labelling it as a bad move, when you have never seen the guy actually play.

BadgerDiscer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just not sure a guy with Green's size can ever really be a third down back. He sounds like he could be an impressive addition to the Pack, but all the clips show him running through holes big enough for a dump truck to go through. Here's hoping he has every success in Green Bay. Ted Thompson said he was another good character pick, but that is all I heard on that score.

NFLroughdraft

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green was a solid choice, but I would have loved to have seen what Taiwan Jones could have done in this offense.

MelrosE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green was a solid choice, but I would have loved to have seen what Taiwan Jones could have done in this offense.
I agree, although I wouldn't have minded Jacquizz Rodgers either. I think Taiwan and Jrodgers would've given us that other element/3rd down back. But who knows, I like this Alex Green kid, we'll just have to wait and see how he turns out, he's got all the tools to be great.

Sirscorps

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish that GB would've drafted Taiwan Jones, who Oakland ended up taking. You look @ Green's highlights & he rarely gets touched until he's @ least 5-10 yds. down the field. He's not going to see holes half that big in the nfl. I thought he was ok in the exhibition season & did an excellent job on the screen pass that he took for a TD.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Popped right up after the hits... until his knee popped first... He seems to have much to offer so lets hope it doesn't affect his play too much. FTR I hated this pick.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Comparable to Steven Jackson or Chris Johnson. While he looks the part more of a Steven Jackson, I feel like he runs more like C.J. Like the -1, 2, 3, 2, 36 statlines. But this kid can catch passes out of the backfield. He's got size. Burst. Surprised me with his cuts especially against the Colts on his 41 yd. scamper. Good pass-blocker coming out of Hawaii. Understands the Packers offense well.

Packers still haven't left him much duties on pass blocking. Which was one of his supposed strengths coming out of Hawaii. This worries me. He also hasn't shown great field vision as I've seen him pile into numerous piles of lineman in front of him after recieving the handoff. Admittedly, this could partly attributed to the O-line. Defenders still catch up to him on breakaway runs we witnessed also against the Colts. So he doesn't have breakaway speed. Like to see more strength out of this big of a guy when he's hitting defenders. NOT a goal line back.

Overall, he's a certain type of running back. He's not for everyone. We're all used to the Ray Rice's and MJD's. This is not Alex. That being said, this guys still got a lot of upside. I can see him starting for us in the next 2 years. If he can keep cutting as good as he did last week, I can see him following in the other notable Packers running back named Green's, footsteps.

Staff online

Latest posts