2010 Packers vs 2009 Vikings

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
You guys think Viking fans are the worst in the league? You need to visit some Viking sites and see what Packer fans have to say. Al least Viking fans have general respect for Packer fans. I detect zero respect here. Probably because of the deluge of immature recent sign ups to this site after the superbowl win. Also, please don't compare intelligence levels when it comes to our states. It's not even close...statistically or otherwise.

Without the Packers the state of Wisconsin has nothing...NOTHING. Some of you need to put the XBOX down and grow up. No the Vikings have not won the superbowl but it's not like the Packers have dominated the Vikings head to head over the past 50 years. To be a Viking fan you have to have tough skin and be extremely loyal to put up with that we have put up with.

To answer the question logically...yes the 2009 Vikings were a better team then the Packers. We didn't lose to the Lions and Redskins. We lost to one **** poor team which was the Panthers. Even with that it doesn't mean the 2009 Vikings would BEAT the 2010 Packers. Your team peaked late in the season. We were the best team in the league and choked it away. So who knows.

By the way this rivalry was over the minute Favre donned a purple jersey. I still feel alot of hatred and animosity from Packer fans because of the Favre signing. Most of it from flip flopping bozo Packer fans who hated TT and booed Aaron Rodgers in training camp. Now TT is GREAT!!! And Aaron Rodgers is the best QB ever!!! You all should look at your posts starting from 2 years ago. :bye:
A few things, I've bolded the parts I want to talk about.

1) What does Minnesota have besides the Vikings? The Twins? The Golden Gophers ( :icon_lol: seriously, that can't be the answer)? A really big mall? Have fun with that.

2) Is that so? I missed the Super Bowl victory parade. And what were the 2010 Vikings that we curbed twice missing from the 2009 version? Sidney Rice? Woot. We had injuries too. Lots of them.

3) You were the #2 seed that year. And you lost to the #1 seed. And they won the Super Bowl. Don't say that like it's fact, it's not.

4) Anger because our legendary QB snaked his way to our direct rival with the stated goal of "sticking it" to us? No.. never. That's irrational, says I!

5) 2 years ago they weren't a Super Bowl winning GM and QB, respectively. Things change when you win. And I supported Aaron from the getgo, and I think a lot of us did, so I don't really know what you're driving at.

Anyways, have fun at the Mall of America or whatever it is Minnesotans do. Ride the Paul Bunyan Log Ride, it's awesome, but bring a change of clothes because you might get wet. :)

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too add to what jess said...

Your most proud of your hockey and lakes... yet UW has won more titles in Hockey than UM and we have more lakes.

As Charlie says, WINNING!

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
lol wow...this reply takes the cake. Do you know those two guys were key component's to our offense? Do you know that neither are exactly scrubs right?

Let's take Jennings and Starks away from the 2010 Packers. the outcome the same?
we didnt have starks in both games we played you

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the hell talk about Minnesota x Wisconsin? I'm from Brazil! Most Packers fans in here aren't from WI. It's called a FANBASE. Some teams have it, some don't. I'm not cheering for Wisconsin, I'm not at a Wisconsin board. I'm at a Packers board talking about the Packers.

And don't give us no turncoaters crap. Those are out of our fanbase since the Favre fiasco. Only the faithful were proud to celebrate SB XLV.

Those turncoaters are your problem now. Deal with it.

And, again, only a Vikings fan can conclute that a non-SB champion is better than a SB champion. AGAIN, it's no coincidence your ****** franchise doesn't have any titles. If you don't know what is like to win, how can you win? If you think that a LOSING team (that's what the 2009 Vikings are, LOSERS) is better than a WINNING team, you'll never win it.

Talent wise, they may even be better. But this sport is much more about 11 talented guys on the field at a time. We have a TEAM, a quality TEAM that will be in place for the next 5 years at least.

You had a bunch of talented mercenaries wearing purple. Now all you have is a bunch of talentless mercenaries wearing purple.

Good luck next season, though.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well about 43 people outside of MN cheer for the Vikings, because they realize its pointless to cheer for a team that wont ever have anything to put in their trophy case.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
plus their main color is purple... who wants to wear that around?

besides john cena

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
me too I hope they dont ban him for trolling.
Nono, no banning, unless he goes on a rampage of insults and such.

Actually, I wanna personally thank our Viking friend for giving us all something to laugh about in this boring time of the year.

Here's to the Vikings staying forever in Minnesota and, consequently, in the Packers' shadow!

SKOL

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
well about 43 people outside of MN cheer for the Vikings, because they realize its pointless to cheer for a team that wont ever have anything to put in their trophy case.
And I applaud those people. It's a sound decision. Pick a team with no expectations ever, and you'll never be disappointed.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rhoLCPucMw]YouTube - Vikings vs Packers 2010 Highlights (week 11)[/ame]
No starks and no chester taylor. Plus we had zero running game and no homefield advantage.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That wasn't the point meathead. The statement that Sidney Rice and Chester Taylor were not key components to our offense is the crux. Beyond stupid to say that. Stay on point now.

Ivo's point is perfectly valid, you meathead. You don't think Jermichael Finley and Ryan Grant were integral parts of our offense like Sidney Rice and Chester Taylor were to yours? Jermichael Finley was targeted 26 times in the first 4 games before getting injured, with 100+ yards receiving twice in those games. Ryan Grant was coming off of back to back 1200 yard seasons. I'd say that's pretty integral to the offense, wouldn't you?

Here's a better comparison for you:

What are the 2010 Packers minus Grant, Finley, Tauscher, Barnett, Burnett, Chillar, Poppinga, Jones, Neal, and others?
The answer: Super Bowl champions!

What are the 2009 Vikings minus Chester Taylor, Artis Hicks, Sidney Rice, Chris Cook and Cedric Griffin?
The answer: Complete and utter crap. 6-10 record, 4th in the division.

What would the 2009 Vikings have been if they had lost their starting RB, TE, RT, ROLB, MLB, and SS along with top backups at TE, DE, OLB, and MLB?
The answer: Number one!...pick in the draft.

Why can the 2010 Packers lose so many players and still win the Super Bowl when the 2009 Vikings couldn't even make it to the Super Bowl? Because the 2010 Packers are better than the 2009 Vikings were. Case closed.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD6vlY7H6OI&feature=related]YouTube - Green Bay Packers vs. Minnesota Vikings WK7 2010[/ame]
o look we didnt have a running game

V

Vikeman

Ivo's point is perfectly valid, you meathead. You don't think Jermichael Finley and Ryan Grant were integral parts of our offense like Sidney Rice and Chester Taylor were to yours? Jermichael Finley was targeted 26 times in the first 4 games before getting injured, with 100+ yards receiving twice in those games. Ryan Grant was coming off of back to back 1200 yard seasons. I'd say that's pretty integral to the offense, wouldn't you?

Here's a better comparison for you:

What are the 2010 Packers minus Grant, Finley, Tauscher, Barnett, Burnett, Chillar, Poppinga, Jones, Neal, and others?
The answer: Super Bowl champions!

What are the 2009 Vikings minus Chester Taylor, Artis Hicks, Sidney Rice, Chris Cook and Cedric Griffin?
The answer: Complete and utter crap. 6-10 record, 4th in the division.

What would the 2009 Vikings have been if they had lost their starting RB, TE, RT, ROLB, MLB, and SS along with top backups at TE, DE, OLB, and MLB?
The answer: Number one!...pick in the draft.

Why can the 2010 Packers lose so many players and still win the Super Bowl when the 2009 Vikings couldn't even make it to the Super Bowl? Because the 2010 Packers are better than the 2009 Vikings were. Case closed.

There's no sense in arguing any of this because I am behind enemy lines...and it's pointless. I can sit here and say 2 + 2 is 4 and they'll be a rack of Packer fans arguing this aint so. There is no way you can clearly say the 2010 Packers are better than the Vikings. The best teams in the NFL are not always the superbowl winners that year. Hence the 97 Packers and the 98 Vikings. So that argument is moot.

Matter of fact scrolling back in this mess of a thread there are so many facts that are wrong and skewed it's not worth arguing. Furthermore I am not trolling...I simply replied to the meathead that said losing Sidney Rice and Chester Taylor was not a big deal. Which is beyond stupid. That statement has nothing to do with the Packers. Like the Packers we were smashed by injuries this year. We were hurt a little bit more and in more important positions. We lost Sidney, our best cover corner, Percy Harvin for half the season, our QB was a cracked fossil, our safties were injured every other weak, and our line was playing injured all year. For someone to say that's not a big deal is retarded. If the Packers were to lose there two starting receivers you go nowhere this year. Nowhere.

And to say Viking fans don't exist outside Minnesota is dumb too. You watch any away game for the Vikings there is a sea of purple. The Vikings have one of the best fanbases around. I am proud to be an out of state Viking fan.

And you can't compare an even loss of players to ours. Us losing Peterson would be a much bigger deal than losing Ryan fricken Grant. Give me a break. Comparing Finley to Shainco is a joke as well. And if you remember we did lose our starting safety and starting linebacker in 2009. So know we didn't and wouldn't finish at the bottom.

I like the chipperness in here now. Considering this place was pretty much a ghost town in 06 07 08 and yes 09. And it had nothing to do with the site being sold. Now you got a bunch of cocky 14 year old noobs that want to bark. I love it...I want more of it.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
There's no sense in arguing any of this because I am behind enemy lines...and it's pointless. I can sit here and say 2 + 2 is 4 and they'll be a rack of Packer fans arguing this aint so. There is no way you can clearly say the 2010 Packers are better than the Vikings. The best teams in the NFL are not always the superbowl winners that year. Hence the 97 Packers and the 98 Vikings. So that argument is moot.

Matter of fact scrolling back in this mess of a thread there are so many facts that are wrong and skewed it's not worth arguing. Furthermore I am not trolling...I simply replied to the meathead that said losing Sidney Rice and Chester Taylor was not a big deal. Which is beyond stupid. That statement has nothing to do with the Packers. Like the Packers we were smashed by injuries this year. We were hurt a little bit more and in more important positions. We lost Sidney, our best cover corner, Percy Harvin for half the season, our QB was a cracked fossil, our safties were injured every other weak, and our line was playing injured all year. For someone to say that's not a big deal is retarded. If the Packers were to lose there two starting receivers you go nowhere this year. Nowhere.

And to say Viking fans don't exist outside Minnesota is dumb too. You watch any away game for the Vikings there is a sea of purple. The Vikings have one of the best fanbases around. I am proud to be an out of state Viking fan.

And you can't compare an even loss of players to ours. Us losing Peterson would be a much bigger deal than losing Ryan fricken Grant. Give me a break. Comparing Finley to Shainco is a joke as well. And if you remember we did lose our starting safety and starting linebacker in 2009. So know we didn't and wouldn't finish at the bottom.

I like the chipperness in here now. Considering this place was pretty much a ghost town in 06 07 08 and yes 09. And it had nothing to do with the site being sold. Now you got a bunch of cocky 14 year old noobs that want to bark. I love it...I want more of it.
97 packers werent the best clearly as they were beat fair and square. same with the 98 vikings. had they been the best then it would not have come down to a fg

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
we didnt have starks in both games we played you

True, we didn't have SuperStarks for either of those games, but the Packers still beat the Vikings. The Packers won the Superbowl and the Vikings failed to even make it to the playoffs. Kicking dead horses must please the hell out of some Vikings fans, I suppose because they can't get a hold of Favre to kick him. It's dead, as in you killed it! Focus on rebuilding your team and finding a solid, reliable QB and then come dance with us. We'll be waiting (and SuperStarks, too)!

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
To The Viking Guy: When the Vikings win the SB, or even have a contending team, you'll also have a bunch of 14 year old noobs that want to bark. But in the mean time, you can relish in your veteran fan base.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no sense in arguing any of this because I am behind enemy lines...and it's pointless.

If it's pointless, then why are you on a Packers forum arguing about which team is better? I don't go onto Vikings forums and argue with others because, like you said, it'd be pointless.

Matter of fact scrolling back in this mess of a thread there are so many facts that are wrong and skewed it's not worth arguing. Furthermore I am not trolling...I simply replied to the meathead that said losing Sidney Rice and Chester Taylor was not a big deal. Which is beyond stupid. That statement has nothing to do with the Packers.

He didn't say it "wasn't a big deal", he said that the Packers suffered worse injuries.

Like the Packers we were smashed by injuries this year. We were hurt a little bit more and in more important positions. We lost Sidney, our best cover corner, Percy Harvin for half the season, our QB was a cracked fossil, our safties were injured every other weak, and our line was playing injured all year. For someone to say that's not a big deal is retarded. If the Packers were to lose there two starting receivers you go nowhere this year. Nowhere.

We lost Grant & Starks for most of the season, which was our entire rushing offense. We lost a promising rookie in Morgan Burnett, and we also lost Al Harris and Atari Bigby, a large part of our secondary. We lost Jermichael Finley, one of the best TEs in the league, and we also lost Nick Barnett and Cullen Jenkins, another huge part of our defense, along with Mark Tauscher, who held our OL together. We even lost our quarterback for one game, and we were still good. So, to say that you "were hurt a little bit more and in more important positions" is an overstatement. Also, didn't your "cracked fossil" throw for 33 TD and 7 INTs last season?

There are out of country Packers fans, as well. I know there are some Packers fans on this very forum who live in Brazil (PackersRS), Great Britain (PackAttackUK), and Australia (Ausnadian). Do you know of any out of country Vikings fans?

Losing Peterson would be a big deal, yes, but in a way, we're still even. Without Peterson, you have no running game. Without Grant & Starks, we have no running game as well. Also, you did not just say that Shaincoe is better than Finley. Finley's a stud. He's like 7 feet tall and can catch balls out of nowhere. He's one of the best in the league.

I thought you said you weren't trolling?

Reaction score
And you can't compare an even loss of players to ours. Us losing Peterson would be a much bigger deal than losing Ryan fricken Grant. Give me a break. Comparing Finley to Shainco is a joke as well. And if you remember we did lose our starting safety and starting linebacker in 2009. So know we didn't and wouldn't finish at the bottom..

Here's an Idea, how about the 2009 vikings have the same exact Injuries we had in 2010...then it'd be a FAIR fight.

Let's takeaway DE Ray edwards due to suspension, let's take away your no1 running back, a DT in wk 1, let's takeaway two safeties, two middle linebackers, two ROLBs, another DE, the Starting RT, your no.1 TE.

alright, what's the vikings record in 2009 now compared to our record in 2010?

Pretty Sure The Vikings wouldn't do S*** in 2009 with those injuries....We ?
We Won THE FREAKING SUPERBOWL!:happy0005:

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I absolutely love it, Minnie-Soda fans wanna think their team is better? Hell, I think my imaginary all Packers team is better than any other teams. You can imagine all you want.
It comes down to this: the best TEAM is the best team. The best football club wins every year. It's simple, if you have good to average players with a great system and outstanding coaching you'll win more than you lose. Yea, it wasn't about marquee names lighting up the scoreboard. It wasn't just Clay or Wood stopping you, every time teams came at us, the TEAM stood up and made it work. Honestly, I've been watching Packers football since the early 60's, this is the best TEAM we've fielded and it's not going away.
So to Minnie-Soda fans, listen......
We don't take moral victories here, we win football games and championships. If you wanna root for a team that wears purple and NEVER wins, good luck to you and hats off, you are a true fan. You don't bother me, it's Bears' fans that do, they are actually good once in awhile. The Vikings are always the sure bet to suck and hey, one more thing....
How do you feel about next season? Grats on being a fan of the worst NFL franchise but wonder how you don't embrace the "Aint's" at least they won a SB.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
lol wow...this reply takes the cake. Do you know those two guys were key component's to our offense? Do you know that neither are exactly scrubs right?

Let's take Jennings and Starks away from the 2010 Packers. the outcome the same?

Would that be before or after you take away Grant and Finley?

You can't possibly rationally argue that you had more injuries or injuries that were more significant than those we experienced this year, and if you do want seriously to make that argument then please let the rest of us know exactly what you've been smoking and where we can get some or from which "institution" you are writing so we can avoid going there.

Members online

Latest posts