2010 NFC North Predictions

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, I am not a homer.
Second off, I defend this division, especially against the EAST coast bias BS.
Everyone thinks the NFC East dominates, but their king last year was Dallas, who beat the Eagles 3 times including week 17 & 19 in the playoffs.

Well the Vikings eliminated Dallas in a blowout, and in November the Packers almost shutout the Cowboys, allowing just a late TD pass to Roy Williams to make it 17-7 final. Their defense did shut us down though, which is a troublesome trend in 2 straight years.

Anyway, I assume Farve comes back, and everything works out there with the cancer and all.... it always does despite his drama.

FINAL STANDINGS:
Minnesota 12-4
Green Bay 11-5
Chicago 8-8
Detroit 6-10

Pretty similar to last year, but the Bears and Lions both get better and bridge the gap. Minnesota is overdue to suffer some big injuries. EJ Henderson was a tough loss, but let's be real: He's not Favre, Peterson, Rice, Jared Allen, or Kevin Williams. One of those guys is due to go down. Nobody can dodge big bullets forever. We lost Cullen Jenkins, Mark Tauscher and Nick Barnett for the year in 08. Last year, we lost Aaron Kampman and Al Harris for the year, among others like Thrill Blackmon, Atari Bigby, Pat Lee, and were missing Tauscher and Clifton for many games, which is when Jared Allen was able to feast on us.

Of course the Bears lost Urlacher in week one last year for the whole season.

I see the NFC Final 4 being:
-Vikings
-Packers
-49ers
-Cowboys

Wildcard round has 49ers winning vs NYG , and Packers winning at home vs Falcons. Falcons win their division but their record is below the Packers and I think that earns us a home game now. I think the NFL changed that rule as such.

I see SF winning at Minny, where they should have won last year.
I see GB winning at Dallas, which is the site that Aaron Rodgers showed he could play, in 2007 when the 10-1 Packers played the 10-1 Cowboys, and Farve put us in a 27-10 hole, which Aaron almost dug us out of.

Then I see GB taking out San Fran, which is ironic as we battled them all the time in the mid/late 90's in the playoffs.

Super Bowl will be Green Bay vs New England. I don't like NE and don't think they are that good. But I think they will luck out.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what's the deal about SF. They really aren't that good. Where's the pass rush? Who's gonna cover? OK, they can stop the run to some extent, and Willis is a beast. But they're overrated on D.

And on O, they don't have the QB. That should end it, but not only that, their line will relie on 2 rookies. They have Vernon Davis, and maybe Crabtree, but that's it. Gore is very good, but that's it.

Put them in the NFC N instead of the Lions and they may finish 4th...

And I don't think we'll see NE again for quite a while. Tom Brady is amazing, if he's healthy. But Welker isn't. Moss is old. They don't have a running game. Their DL is completely depleted, and they don't have a pass rush...

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frank, I agree with MOST of what you're saying, but Im going with a Packers / Jets SB this year. Although I hate that fat *** loud mouth Rex Ryan, I gotta admit, the Jets are looking like the team in the AFC to beat. And i know when The pack has their heads on straight and focused, we could take them out.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the Vikings to win the division i think they need Favre, without him the Packers win it easy, with him its much more of a crapshoot, and one game is the difference between us and them.

for the Packers to win the division they need to beat the Vikings atleast once this year, which i think will happen at home. Also, they cannot have failures of performances like they did last season against Tampa Bay.

There is no way that Favre has as good a season as last year, and i also doubt they will pull off any last play victories like the game against San Fran. We were close last year to pulling off the division crown and this year will be just as close. I really believe that one game difference will be in our favor this season, and to me one thing is a definite: playoffs! :happy0005:

Reaction score
Alex Smith was very promising last year for the 49ers. Also when you got alot of young talent at receivers. Plus you have Vernon Davis at TE. They have improved their o line getting 2 first rounders in the draft, and they have Frank Gore. Plus their defense is pretty good not great. That's why the 49ers will win the NFC West

Wolvi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think deep down that this is the year of Favre not playing all 16 games...i think his ankle will give out when CM3 wraps him up:) If Favre goes down we win division by 2 games. Book it!!lol

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
This could be the year it finally comes together for Alex Smith. He's finally not dealing with a new OC, he has weapons galore (Gore, Crabtree, Davis), and he goes into camp as the unquestioned starer which should help his confidence.

I'm not saying he's going to be a top 5 QB, but Smith could surprise a lot of people.

I still wouldn't take him as a fantasy football starter, though. :p

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, I don't think ATL beats out the Saints for the division. I know its really hard to repeat and all but they didn't lose much at all from their roster last year.

I think the division winners are:

NFC West: San Fran
NFC North: Green Bay
NFC South: New Orleans
NFC East: Dallas

Wild Cards: Minnesota & Atlanta

I think the North finishes:

Green Bay 12-4
Minnesota 11-5 or 10-6
Chicago 8-8 or 9-5
Detroit 6-10

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I swear I posted this last night. But here it goes again.

I think the Lions will surprise a few teams this year and go 8-8. Winning at least 2 in the division.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Lions will suprise to. Leaving the Bears at the bottom of the division at the end of the season.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alex Smith was very promising last year for the 49ers. Also when you got alot of young talent at receivers. Plus you have Vernon Davis at TE. They have improved their o line getting 2 first rounders in the draft, and they have Frank Gore. Plus their defense is pretty good not great. That's why the 49ers will win the NFC West
Right. The 49ers pass defense is better than ours is, despite what the stats show.
They never got carved up like we did FOUR times, and they played Arizona twice and at Minnesota.
They had the Vikings beaten if not for the miracle lucky catch by Greg Lewis on the last play.

Don't look at their individual personnel on D and dismiss them. They get the results, and Singletary has them on the up & up. We killed them in the first half our game last year, but they made it a game in the 2nd half.

And funny as it is, Alex Smith seems to be a good QB afterall and he has 2 lethal weapons in V Davis & Crabtree.
I think they each scored against us in the game last year.

They will be a factor in the NFC this year. I think they swept Arizona last year. They're legit. And they get 4 byes with Sea & St L.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I swear I posted this last night. But here it goes again.

I think the Lions will surprise a few teams this year and go 8-8. Winning at least 2 in the division.
I am sure they are much better this year than last year and of course 2008, but not sure they will win 8 games with Stafford there.
He's good, but so young.

I'd love them to win 4 division games though, with us going 2-0 vs them. Anyone follow me there?

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think deep down that this is the year of Favre not playing all 16 games...i think his ankle will give out when CM3 wraps him up:) If Favre goes down we win division by 2 games. Book it!!lol

I agree with this, and even a playing Favre will probably be a step slower and not coming with the adrenaline we saw last year. So I think the Pack will be able to overcome the purple for the division.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be the year it finally comes together for Alex Smith. He's finally not dealing with a new OC, he has weapons galore (Gore, Crabtree, Davis), and he goes into camp as the unquestioned starer which should help his confidence.

I'm not saying he's going to be a top 5 QB, but Smith could surprise a lot of people.

I still wouldn't take him as a fantasy football starter, though. :p

Your so funny just wait and see :D

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i predict that i will once again make alot of money betting that favre's last pass of the season will be an int. The pack will take the divison with a 12-4 or 13-3 record. the queens will get a wildcard and go one and done 10-6 or 9-7. the lions i feel will surprise a lot of people flying under the radar and will manage to get a 6 or 7 win season and possibly a sweep of the bears. i just don't see the bears going far i predict a 7-9 or 8-8 and a battle with the lions for 3rd. there're just to many similarities to the albert haynesworth deal for me to be a believer in peppers and cutler is a flop who's best recievers are the opposing DBs.

Packing_Fudge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, I don't think ATL beats out the Saints for the division. I know its really hard to repeat and all but they didn't lose much at all from their roster last year.

I think the division winners are:

NFC West: San Fran
NFC North: Green Bay
NFC South: New Orleans
NFC East: Dallas

Wild Cards: Minnesota & Atlanta

I think the North finishes:

Green Bay 12-4
Minnesota 11-5 or 10-6
Chicago 8-8 or 9-5
Detroit 6-10

Same here!

asshalo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Favre
Green Bay: 11-5
Vikings: 11-5
Bears 7-9
Lions: 6-10

W/O Favre:
Green Bay: 12-4
Vikings: 8-8
Bears: 8-8
Lions: 7-9

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With almost 20 mil coming his way, Favre will come back for another season. But lets face it, odds are that he will return to his gunslinging ways. Either way, look for the Packers to not give up 7.5 sacks to Jarred Allen again and take the NFC north.

Dark horse: Chicago Bears. Look for the bears to SPOIL some of the high expectations of the pack and/or the vikes. With the addition of (the ridiculous) Peppers, Chester Taylor, a year wiser Cutler, and a new defense coaching staff...they have that "any given sunday" talent that could F things up for the playoff bound teams in the NFC north.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"a year wiser Cutler" is like saying hamburger gets better with age. :icon_neutral:

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dark horse: Chicago Bears. Look for the bears to SPOIL some of the high expectations of the pack and/or the vikes. With the addition of (the ridiculous) Peppers, Chester Taylor, a year wiser Cutler, and a new defense coaching staff...they have that "any given sunday" talent that could F things up for the playoff bound teams in the NFC north.

Bears are going to be BAD. The o-line cannot block for a 7 step drop... Devin Hester will not grasp the offense (site adjustments)... The secondary is very, very bad... Urlacher is one year older... No DE exists outside of Peppers...

BAD

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'm not looking at schedules, so I'm just throwing out records based on how good I think the team is.

With Favre:
Vikings 12-4
Packers 11-5
Lions 8-8
Bears 7-9

Without Favre:
Packers 12-4
Lions 9-7
Vikings 9-7
Bears 7-9

I really like Detroit. In the here and now.

Members online

Latest posts