2007 Schedule is Tough!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year it was thought the Packers had an easy schedule. 6 of those teams were in the playoffs this year were as the Bears only played 3 playoff teams.
** check the numbers **

Sometimes ya just don't know.

On paper, it looks like a tougher schedule than this year but that paper is not worth much.

With the advent of Free Agency, the talent from the draft contributing immediately, numerous coaching changes, etc. it has become extremely difficult to predict months ahead of time how difficult a schedule 2007 will end up being when all is said and done. I have thought as well that it seems when you play a team is almost as important, if not more important than who you are playing.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are too many factors that go into the schedule too look only at who it is we are playing and which teams are home and away.

Do we, for example, play a good team at home that is playing it's second away game in a row. Those are very difficult to win and the home team has a distint advantage there.

The other thing is injuries. If we stay healthy and come up against teams with a lot of injuries to key guys it's a whole different story.

The key is coming back next year the way we left it this year. If our "D" is not all messed up early and playing like they did at the end of this year we won't have to dig ourselves out of a hole the way we did this last season.

Two things we HAVE TO DO TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS:

1) STAY HEALTHY

2) WIN AT HOME

We do those two things and we'll be fine.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
we have to think positive here, IMO I think we can make a go of it and end up in the playoffs. Now if only TT can get some free agency guys to help Brett out. And especially now that we know Brett will be back, maybe now some of these guys will play on the Packers, last year they didnt know if Brett was coming back...

We have the money to pick up Moss and Shockey..lets go and get them..

Moss and Shockey are not free agents where the Pack can just go and get them..

But Shockey has something in his contracxt where he might be able to leave.

I can't speak for Moss, but I have a good feeling he would want to be traded. Don't know Shockey's situation.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope you all know if we draft lynch ... trade for moss ... get a TE in a late pick and Draft some corners for depth ... next year we will be a team to be one of the top teams to beat

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope you all know if we draft lynch ... trade for moss ... get a TE in a late pick and Draft some corners for depth ... next year we will be a team to be one of the top teams to beat

Not only be one of the top teams to beat, we should have a solid team for awhile.

I see Favre playing one more year after this, then Rogers should have developed. I'm hoping Favre in his real last year announces it's definitely his last year and goes out in the 4th quarter when we're ahead. I'd like to see Rogers get some playing time.

As for the original title, I'm glad it's a tough schedule. I'd rather have a tough schedule than an easy one so you know exactly how good your team really is. There will be no surprises this way.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
10. Things that worry me in 07' - "in no particular order":

1. LT
2. Larry Johnson
3. Tony Romo & TO
4. Stephen Jackson
5. Donovan or Jeff makes no difference
6. Lack of oxygen at Mile High along with stingy "d"
7. Da Bears
8. A healthy Clinton Portis, Betts, and a talented young recieving core.
9. Steve Smith
10. Brandon Jocobs finally getting to be a feature back.
1. Yes that may very well be a big worry for the Packers, but if the Chargers loose their backup Turner, LT might not be as fresh as he was kept last season.

2. LJ may have some problems with the Cheifs... he is only making $850,000 this year, and with a player of his caliber it is only a matter of time before he threatens a holdout or has some internal problems with the team that leads to him suffering in production. Also as Cali mentioned, LJ can be stopped as demonstrated by the Colts; you really need is a fast safety with the ability to play up in the line of scrimmage and hopefully Manuel, if not Collins, can fit that bill.
3. Romo may very well degress in learning a new system, or the stats he generated last year might be a one-time thing. TO is a cancer, give him enough time and he'll cause chaos that will effect his play and the teams. We all know something else will happen in the TO saga, and as someone wrote: If TO can't stop being a distraction or play for Parcells, then he can't do it for any other coach. Tough words, but given Parcells reputation, it may well be the truth.

4. Agree with what CaliCheez said.

5. McNabb was injured, and reports have it that he has lost the confidence of his players and the management of being the QB that can win them a SB... Garcia will hit the open market where the Vikes are sure to push for him, and he will earn starter type money. Rumours were that the "vets" group that Reid favours all thought Garcia to be a better choice than McNabb. Also, the Eagles may well be without Stallworth, who is a FA.

6. The lack of oxygen is only a factor is a player has had to do something like get a big gain (like a 30+ yard play), otherwise the pace can be kept relatively slow and substitutions always play a role. There are also plenty of oxygen tanks for the players. No biggie, other teams don't seem too bothered by it.

7. We beat the Bears at the end of the season, didn't we?

8. The QB situation for the Skins isn't that great, the young QB needs more experience to present a real daunting challenge and the WR crops isn't that young; they struggled last year outside of Moss. I read an article which stated the Skins might want to unload Portis because of his high contract.

9. I feel at ease with Woodson and Harris covering Smith.

10. Jacobs is far from a lock to start; there were reports that players didn't want the HC back, but he is back and that may internally create problems.

All in all, to be a good/great team you are going to have to face challenges like the ones above. Every NFL team does, so it's not a matter of Packers having it tougher, the young players will all have one more year of experience, there will be new players to give the talent level a shot in the arm, and most importantly the coaches will have had a year from which to learn their mistakes and find out what methods of coaching the guys respond to best. Finally, the guys on the D will have had their 2nd year in a D scheme after what feels like forever, and the players on O will be more fluent and knowledgeable about the O scheme MM uses.

Relying on Manuel to stop LT, that is really scarey.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just glad we get Philly in their white jerseys for once.

There's an error on the schedule. We actually go to Philadelphia 3 times in 2007. :soapbox:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
nathaniel said:
I'm just glad we get Philly in their white jerseys for once.

There's an error on the schedule. We actually go to Philadelphia 3 times in 2007. :soapbox:

Three? Hmm

So its not a home game in the regular season, its an away game.
Playoff game in Philly
Oh, the SB is in philly too?

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were those teams I'd be looking at GB and saying, "damn, that's going to be a tough game because this is an up and coming team." I doubt that the Packers are looking at any team on that schedule and are too worried. If the coaching staff does a good job of preparing their team and getting all those first year players even better, I think the Packers will do just fine. I don't think that schedule is all that tough.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we might be an 8=8 team this season again but if we improve, we can not get wiped off the map by teams like philly, seattle, the jets and new england and actually compete with the big teams and maybe that pushes up a win or two

i don't see minnesota or detroit improving dramatically and i dont see the bears being what they were this year...if we can go 5-1 in the division again i think we'll have a good shot to host a game round one

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AFC West is going to be very tough, there are some positives. Broncos have rookie QB (rookie full season as starter anyway) , Chiefs don't have Green and LJ might be beat up after last season.

Why do we have St Louis again? Is it because you get an entire NFC conference, and then 1 each from the remaining 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts