1st Annual

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st Annual "PackerForum" Tailgating Party

One more comment... for those voting for Training Camp because it's "more flexible." Because of pre-season games, there really is only a couple of weekends that are "strictly" Training Camp. So I think you're going to get more bang for the buck to pick a pre-season game.

Those voting for a regular season game, I think the poll isn't going your way, it's 60% against that option. No way to make everyone happy.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Re: 1st Annual "PackerForum" Tailgating Party

One more comment... for those voting for Training Camp because it's "more flexible." Because of pre-season games, there really is only a couple of weekends that are "strictly" Training Camp. So I think you're going to get more bang for the buck to pick a pre-season game.

Those voting for a regular season game, I think the poll isn't going your way, it's 60% against that option. No way to make everyone happy.

Well, either way, I'm sure no one would object to more then one. I'm sure they'll be gatherings all through-out the season.

=)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DoddPower said:
vegOmatic said:
I'm sure they'll be gatherings all through-out the season.

Kinda hard to gauge that when this is the FIRST annual...
I still like the training camp possibility.
For those out of towners, motel rooms are lots cheaper then they are on game weekends. Plus, if they want to bring their families, it would be harder to get tickets, and again, the cost factor.
It would be lots easier to tailgate too. Not nearly as big of crowds.
Yet you still get the Lambeau expierience. You can still see the hall of fame, and stadium tour.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not nearly as big of crowds.

Cheesey, there are NO crowds during training camp. The only exception is if you're going to fight the old ladies for the front row of the bleachers or knock kids over for autographs. :lol:

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score

cheesey said:
Not nearly as big of crowds.

Cheesey, there are NO crowds during training camp. The only exception is if you're going to fight the old ladies for the front row of the bleachers or knock kids over for autographs. :lol:

I have to say though, as an outsider, the mass amount of Packer fans converging and the energy that entailed is one reason why the experience was so great! I toured the stadium and the hall of fame and all that before game day, and that was definitely kick ***, but nothing compared to being around thousands of other packer fans all ready to see a good ole fashioned BEAT DOWN!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Django

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Howdy! Long time lurker but passionate Packer and Packerforum fan. Always looking for an excuse to head to GB. I do a lot of outdoor craft shows and flea markets over the summer so I have a good 10 x 10 EZ-UP canopy set-up we could use. I am 1 1/2 hour away so I am flexible and willing to help out as much as I can. I voted for training camp. I went to the first day of training camp last year (first time I ever been to a practice) and was blown away by the great atmosphere. Not to be compared to a game but great fun and a memorable day for min. $.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Howdy! Long time lurker but passionate Packer and Packerforum fan. Always looking for an excuse to head to GB. I do a lot of outdoor craft shows and flea markets over the summer so I have a good 10 x 10 EZ-UP canopy set-up we could use. I am 1 1/2 hour away so I am flexible and willing to help out as much as I can. I voted for training camp. I went to the first day of training camp last year (first time I ever been to a practice) and was blown away by the great atmosphere. Not to be compared to a game but great fun and a memorable day for min. $.
Hi Django!
I used to live in Pembine, not far from where you are!
I now live 100 miles south of GB.
You are right....training camp is fun! You get to be up close to the players, and usually the weather is real nice! And the crowds can be pretty good sized, but nothing like game day.
Glad to see your are posting now! :D

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's what I like to see, another Yooper joining our Packer Family.
Welcome aboard.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

WPR made a good point this morning, with the schedule of preseason home game drawing a Monday night and the second being the Shiner's game.. does it still make since to try an organize this thing at a preseason game.

With that said, do we set up another quick poll between regular season game or training camp?

There is nothing saying that if we setup the intial one during training camp, that we can't throw together another one in the regular season for those that couldn't make the intitial one.. kind of get the ball rolling of sorts?

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score

Is this still a go?

Absolutely. I think family night very well might be a prime night.. I think the schedule doesn't work well for a preseason game. So I think either training camp or family night.. Family night is a fun little deal.

Zeus

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Since we have been talking about it for some time now, I figured a several month advance notice would be sufficient time to organize, inform, and prepare the 1st Annual PackerForum.com tailgate party.[/b]

LOL!

PurplePride.Org will be tailgating before EVERY Vikings home game this season. Look for our tent with our PurplePride.Org banner.

ALL are welcome - even Packer fans. We're all looking forward to Pack93z trying to kick a field-goal with the fake leg (Kansas Viking always has goalposts up a bit down the lot from us).

Can you rig it so it flies off when you kick the ball?

=Z=

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PurplePride.Org will be tailgating before EVERY Vikings home game this season.

Easy to do since they can't sell out the Metrodome. And 99% of Viking fans live in a 10 mile radius.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Zeus said:
Pack93z said:
PurplePride.Org will be tailgating before EVERY Vikings home game this season.

Easy to do since they can't sell out the Metrodome. And 99% of Viking fans live in a 10 mile radius.

Yup..not to mention there are many more packer forums ( I am thinking there are) to attend tail gating parties..

One forum I belong to has after tail gating parties, just normal people..

Like Ryan Grant, gilbert Brown, Antonio Freeman, Scoot Favre, Frank Winters just to name a few..

Glad purple pride has goal posts!!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pack93z. You will find below, an article which concerns attractions which will be planned by the Green Bay Packers to be held during Packer training camp this year . Details will be announced later by the Packers. I will post the information when available, on this topic.

You may want to hold the date open for the pf.com tailgate party until this information is available. These attractions during Packer training camp may be of interest to our pf .com posters who will be attending pf.com tailgate party. That is, if held during Packer training camp.. PWT36 (Phil)

Green Bay Press-Gazette -Friday, May 16, 2008

"The Green Bay Packers are investigating ways to expand the training camp experience for fans this summer.

Team President and Chief Executive Officer Mark Murphy said it could include more attractions for visitors who annually fill the bleachers to watch the Packers tune up for the season.

"As a player, I never looked forward to training camp," Murphy said Thursday to the Wisconsin Associated Press Editors Association at Lambeau Field. "But now I'm really looking forward to training camp. We're looking at some things we can do to enhance that experience."

Murphy didn't elaborate, but said an announcement might be made soon.

He said the team plans to hire a vice president for marketing and sales, with a primary focus on increasing revenue.

Murphy said that although the Packers are financially healthy — he said the team currently ranks 10th in revenue in the NFL — events could change.

"There are a lot of new stadiums coming on board, and we have to be poised to react to those to maximize our revenue streams," he said.

Murphy said development of recently acquired properties along Lombardi Avenue west of the stadium could be part of future revenue sources, but those steps are years away."

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score

Thanks PWT36 - I think with the preseason schedule and the early season schedule, Training camp and or Family night makes the most sense for the first one... Additionally those with kids can bring them along and have them partake in the fun.. tickets are reasonable and there is so much going on around family night..

But we have time yet, so waiting in case something big is happening on another date seems wise at this point. But I would think anything happening during training camp would be available on Family night..

mxchamp004

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would say either training camp, a preseason game, or family night. I am only 15 right now and my parents say we cant afford a regular season game. Training camp would be my favorite pick.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would say either training camp, a preseason game, or family night. I am only 15 right now and my parents say we cant afford a regular season game. Training camp would be my favorite pick.
I agree MX. I'm WAAAAY over 15, but even for me a game can be expensive. And if you have more then one person going, even tickets at face value are expensive. A family of 4 at face value would set you back more then $200, and thats IF you could get them at face value.
Family night would be ok, if this forum could get a block of tickets, making certain everyone that was going could get in to see the scrimmage.
To me, this being our first attempt at putting this together, we should try for training camp. That would keep the costs WAY down, as camp is free, and you don't have to pay the inflated hotel costs that you see on a game day weekend. It would make it open to just about anyone here that wanted to go.
Then if it works out well, we can shoot for something bigger in the future.
JMO of course.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packers Family Night, Presented By Fox 11' Scheduled For Sunday, Aug. 3

Sounds pretty cool. I wish I could go!

http://packers.com/news/releases/2008/05/19/1/

TICKETS GO ON SALE JUNE 14

The Green Bay Packers Monday announced that 'Packers Family Night, Presented by FOX 11,' will take place Sunday evening, Aug. 3.

'Family Night,' now in its eighth year, will feature an intra-squad scrimmage between the Packers' offense and defense. Evening activities get underway in the stadium at 5:30 p.m., followed by on-field football drills at 6:30 and the scrimmage at approximately 7:30.

This year's edition lands on a Sunday night for the first time. With the team opening the preseason on a Monday night (Aug. 11), the entire training camp schedule had to be adjusted, beginning with the first practice, Monday, July 28.

"We're very excited to be preparing for 'Packers Family Night,' " said Packers President/CEO Mark Murphy. "It's another one of the great training camp traditions of the Green Bay Packers. Even with the change, it promises to be another memorable night for our fans, and I'm looking forward to seeing it for the first time. I've already heard a lot of great things about the event, both from our staff and our fans."

"We are proud to be part of ushering in the 2008 season by putting on 'Packers Family Night, presented by Fox 11,' " said Jay Zollar, FOX 11 Vice President and General Manager. "This continues to be a wonderful and affordable family event for the 60,000 people who come to Lambeau Field and great family television for those who watch it on FOX 11, around the state and country!"

For fans not attending the event, it will be televised in Green Bay on WLUK-TV FOX 11, as well as on WITI-TV in Milwaukee, WMSN-TV in Madison, WFXS-TV in Wausau and WLAX-TV in La Crosse. Hosted by Drew Smith and other members of the Fox 11 sports and news staffs, the live broadcast will start at 6:30 p.m.

Included in the evening's activities, per custom, will be the popular "Shirts Off Our Backs," with approximately 20 jerseys -- all of which will have been worn by Packers players in the just-completed scrimmage -- to be given away in a random drawing, other entertainment and a spectacular fireworks show to conclude the night.

The NFL's most popular scrimmage, the event has drawn more than 60,000 fans the past four seasons as the Packers sold every available seat.

Tickets, priced again at $8, will go on sale Saturday, June 14, at 10 a.m., through Ticketmaster and may be purchased either in person, over the phone or via the Internet. A limit of eight tickets per purchase will be in place for an initial sales period to allow more fans to have the chance to make a transaction.

Parking for the event will be $5, with net proceeds to be donated to 'Packers Family Night' partner Wendy's Wonderful Kids foster care adoption program, a signature program of the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption. Volunteers for the group also will be in the parking lot and at the gates to share information about the program with fans and accept monetary donations.

A group ticket program (minimum of 50 tickets) again is offered. The application form will be available May 20 online at www.PackersTrainingCamp.com, in person at the Packers ticket office or can be requested to be faxed by calling 920/569-7501. Group ticket orders are restricted to approved groups and organizations, and are to be used for the sole purpose of accommodating a group or organizational outing. Resale is prohibited.

Space is limited for group orders and all requests must be received by June 4, 2008. Orders will be filled in the sequence received. Groups will be seated together in the same vicinity.

For non-group purchases, further details regarding ticket sales, including Web site information and phone numbers, will be announced prior to June 14, the start of sales.

The entire training camp schedule is expected to be announced by the end of the month.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think having the scrimmage on Sunday means a percentage won't go. I'm not going because I have to be at work on Monday.

I can't speak for the group but I would think Training Camp is the best choice though least desirable event.

I'm assuming Saturday is the best day. Even then there are weekends this summer where I won't be able to go but whatever day is picked there will be those who can't make it on that day.

mxchamp004

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Has anyone been to training camp? How crowded does it get, especially on weekends?

Members online

Latest posts