1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

18 game schedule? article from Aaron Nagler CHTV

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Jun 17, 2010.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
    Mark Murphy On 18 Game Schedule | Cheesehead TV

2. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,000
    Murphy sounds reasonable, but when you realize that egomaniacs like Jerry Jones are on his side of the table you have to figure there will be a strike over all of this. Bottom line: the money is ruining the game.

3. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Good call. Like it's ruining a lot of things. It just ruined the Oklahoma vs Nebraska football rivalry, breaking up the Big 12 conference... all that is for more TV dollars.

-Mo Money for the NFL industry is ruining the Sunday Ticket for me.
    -I love Jerseys101.com because agents, NFLPA crooks, the NFL, and the already-rich players don't reach into my pockets and fleece me.
    -Not just sports. For just me to take my 3 kids to see Avatar in 3D earlier this year cost $34.50 just for tickets, and a large fricking popcorn $7.50. Wow? Large coke $4.50? Wow. I can buy a 24-pack for that price.

Back to this issue:
    I hate preaseason games. Players still have the same injury risks as they do real games. But they're garbage games. We don't need 4 of them. One might be the right number. This is what I like more about college football; the first game counts. Some play cupcakes, but some start with a real game that is very important and a tough matchup.

All teams have the same chance and will need to work out the kinks in the first game or two.

Two fewer fake games in favor of 2 more real games sounds like a treat to me. Well except for the fact that the bastard DirecTV will then jack up their price for the Sunday Ticket probably another $100. Dang I miss the days when people could program those access cards for me :eek:(

4. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,000
    The real crime in the preseason is that they demand full price for a ticket. The Interceptor proved last year that there is little need for a preseason, or training camp for that matter.

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    Agreed. They should charge the same price as family night for those tickets.

I wouldnt mind seeing them hold preseason games outside Lambeau (like in years prior). Milwaukee or Madison, **** even Canada would be kinda cool.

6. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Preseason tickets cost the same as regular season tickets?

thats an outrage

7. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,000
    Yup. And they require season ticket holders to purchase them as part of the season ticket package. Pure highway robbery.

8. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +278
    just another way of bringing in more revenue, fans are not that interested in preseason, so why not make 2 more season games so us "rich" fans can spend more money, I'm fine with the way things are.